Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
nicola
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:47:39 PM

j1991h wrote:
On my iPad (1st gen), the close button on the online message is too small. I have to zoom right in to close it so enlarging this would be awesome. I assume this is the same for all touch devices. I can only imagine how small it is on hi-dpi devices. Maybe adding a css media query to enlarge for touch devices would solve the problem e.g.

@media only screen and (max-device-width:1024px){
.touch .message .close{
width:80px;
height:80px;
}
}

Of course you'd need to have modernizr plugged in to get the .touch class

Yay, a coder. You're hired!

Gav has something like 6 months of coding backlog to get through. How's your asp.net, c++, java, and do you work for compliments alone?
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:56:40 PM

nicola wrote:

Yay, a coder. You're hired!

Gav has something like 6 months of coding backlog to get through. How's your asp.net, c++, java, and do you work for compliments alone?

Haha, I'm strictly a front end designer. Not great with what you listed. I would love to work for compliments but I also have about 6 months of a backlog :( if i spot anything or have any suggestions I'll let you know though.
nicola
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:19:50 PM

j1991h wrote:

Haha, I'm strictly a front end designer (html, css, graphics, with a little jquery, asp and php). Not great with what you listed. I would love to work for compliments but I also have about 6 months of a backlog :( if i spot anything or have any suggestions I'll let you know though.

Thanks! Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy your stay.
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:27:26 PM

nicola wrote:

Thanks! Welcome to the site, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Im enjoying it very much, thanks for founding and maintaining such a wonderful site. Tell Gav to keep up the good work. I know how difficult a dev's job can be.
Sssnake
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:31:13 AM

One Improvement Or Feature I'm Sure Would Be Good Is: Verified Identity!
sprite
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:43:17 AM

Sssnake wrote:

explain.

Live, love, laugh.
overmykneenow
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:53:11 AM

Sssnake wrote:

Tough to implement globally and would prove quite unpopular amongst many casual users.

Systems like that used by NetIDme require a home address along with a passport or driving license number - the sort of information people wouldn't like to give just to have a little fun on lush.

If Lush was a dating site, where the express intention is to meet up with people then this might be advisable to add an extra layer of safety but for stories and a bit of chat it seems a bit OTT.

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
sprite
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:58:49 AM

overmykneenow wrote:

Tough to implement globally and would prove quite unpopular amongst many casual users.

Systems like that used by NetIDme require a home address along with a passport or driving license number - the sort of information people wouldn't like to give just to have a little fun on lush.

If Lush was a dating site, where the express intention is to meet up with people then this might be advisable to add an extra layer of safety but for stories and a bit of chat it seems a bit OTT.

oh, that again? we had a discussion about that about a month or so back. not going to happen here. as OMKN says, it's NOT a dating or a hook up site. it's primarily an erotic story site. we are not about to put our resources into IDing 180,000 plus members when we have 30 plus new stories to verify on a daily basis.

Live, love, laugh.
overmykneenow
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:18:04 AM

sprite wrote:

oh, that again? we had a discussion about that about a month or so back. not going to happen here. as OMKN says, it's NOT a dating or a hook up site. it's primarily an erotic story site. we are not about to put our resources into IDing 180,000 plus members when we have 30 plus new stories to verify on a daily basis.

If it were to be implemented it would have to be purely on an opt-in basis and would need to be managed by a third party unless you want to get involved in a load of Data Protection crap from all jurisdictions of the globe.

Chat sites I've seen that use this put the emphasis on the user to sign up for it - they also charge users for the pleasure of using it. Maybe a useful extra revenue stream for the site from people who feel the need to prove who they are.

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
sprite
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:03:18 PM

overmykneenow wrote:

If it were to be implemented it would have to be purely on an opt-in basis and would need to be managed by a third party unless you want to get involved in a load of Data Protection crap from all jurisdictions of the globe.

Chat sites I've seen that use this put the emphasis on the user to sign up for it - they also charge users for the pleasure of using it. Maybe a useful extra revenue stream for the site from people who feel the need to prove who they are.

sounds like another ball in the air when we're already juggling 5 of them. quite frankly, as i said, we had the discussion, not going to happen. if someone wants to ask someone else to verify their ID, that's between them - the site isn't going to get involved. as i said, this is primarily an erotic story site, not a cyber or dating service. :)

Live, love, laugh.
sprite
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:05:13 PM

j1991h wrote:

Im enjoying it very much, thanks for founding and maintaining such a wonderful site. Tell Gav to keep up the good work. I know how difficult a dev's job can be.

actually, Gav just sits around and ogles the staff all day - really, when i signed up for this job, no one told me that the uniform was scanty lingerie. :p

Live, love, laugh.
janet_haney
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:44:27 PM

sprite wrote:

actually, Gav just sits around and ogles the staff all day - really, when i signed up for this job, no one told me that the uniform was scanty lingerie. :p

Damn, I want a job like that. I'd love to sit around and ogle you Sprite!
janet_haney
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:46:24 PM

I want to say thank you to one and all for upgrading the servers and fixing the service interruptions. Well done and thank you!

neo__
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:49:30 PM

Well here is one thing i want to point out , i don't know if anyone else had already pointed it out or not .
Well the thing is with the "online message"

There are 3 issues with it :

1) Right after pressing the enter button , when the messages is being send , that whole container becomes transparent and shows that the message is being sent but the problem is even while sending "We can still write message in it ".

well the possible solution is to just make that textbox or the complete division box disabled right after pressing enter

2) This is while receiving the messages , suppose that i am talking with my friend and they sends me like 10 messages and if the messages are out of the screen , then there is no way to scroll among them.

3) The "Close all" button which is to close all the message boxes at once but "Its only in the first message box" and if that message box goes out of the screen, we have to first manually close the other message boxes and then when the "First one" appears back in the screen then we can click the close all button to close them all.

possible solution : please put all those incoming messages into a separate division or container or a "Pane" like container which has a scroll bar and with a z-index higher than that of ur page so that it does not messes with the other components & please provide a single close all button on the top of this new "pane" container

I appreciate ur work , this website is really a great one. so just giving my view to make it much better ^^
sprite
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:43:11 PM

janet_haney wrote:

Damn, I want a job like that. I'd love to sit around and ogle you Sprite!

lol - just so you know, that's really the only benefit you'll get out of it - and the pay is crappy too ;)

Live, love, laugh.
RumpleForeskin
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:04:43 PM

...on the other hand, I.D. verification might prove a Gav-sent blessing for those Lushers suffering through an identity crises.

glasses8

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwords. - ROBERT HEINLEIN

Feels So Right, It Can't Be WrongMore steamy, seductive, straight step-sibling sex, 2-3

Becky -- FOR: Matt -- With Love:
a Festive contest winner – honest

HOW HUMANS DO IT: a fish-eye view of sex an Editor's Pick - no kidding
janet_haney
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:47:47 PM

sprite wrote:

lol - just so you know, that's really the only benefit you'll get out of it - and the pay is crappy too ;)

With that as a benefit who would need to be paid.
Posted: Sunday, May 26, 2013 9:01:28 AM

i'd like to be able to auto sort my friends list by last activity date!
Shylass
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 5:15:51 AM

I know other people like it, but is there a way to opt out of the navigation bar sticking at the top of the page when I scroll down, please? It's driving me nuts, and I don't even have any nuts. It's not an improvement for me for it to stay there. Thank you. Big Hugs

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
nicola
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 6:09:06 AM

I wonder if people write in to the likes of Facebook and ask them if they can have the option for their header bar to remain at the top, or scroll with the page? dontknow

Gav is so backlogged with essential site maintenance and adding features (which have already been delayed for over 6 months as it is), I'm wondering if we should suspend this thread for the time being.
Shylass
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 6:21:29 AM

nicola wrote:
I wonder if people write in to the likes of Facebook and ask them if they can have the option for their header bar to remain at the top, or scroll with the page? dontknow

Gav is so backlogged with essential site maintenance and adding features (which have already been delayed for over 6 months as it is), I'm wondering if we should suspend this thread for the time being.

I did, actually.

Sorry I did what you suggested, and said what I would like added. I won't do it any more.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
sprite
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 11:00:23 AM

speaking of facebook, how come we don't have the opportunity to play Candy Crush Saga here? (waves good bye second before Nicola deletes my account)

Live, love, laugh.
nicola
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 4:56:57 PM

Shylass wrote:

I did, actually.

Sorry I did what you suggested, and said what I would like added. I won't do it any more.

Good on you! laughing9

Please keep the suggestions coming, I'll just hide this whole thread so Gav can't see it laughing6
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 7:07:31 PM

neo__ wrote:
Well here is one thing i want to point out , i don't know if anyone else had already pointed it out or not .
Well the thing is with the "online message"

There are 3 issues with it :

1) Right after pressing the enter button , when the messages is being send , that whole container becomes transparent and shows that the message is being sent but the problem is even while sending "We can still write message in it ".

well the possible solution is to just make that textbox or the complete division box disabled right after pressing enter

2) This is while receiving the messages , suppose that i am talking with my friend and they sends me like 10 messages and if the messages are out of the screen , then there is no way to scroll among them.

3) The "Close all" button which is to close all the message boxes at once but "Its only in the first message box" and if that message box goes out of the screen, we have to first manually close the other message boxes and then when the "First one" appears back in the screen then we can click the close all button to close them all.

possible solution : please put all those incoming messages into a separate division or container or a "Pane" like container which has a scroll bar and with a z-index higher than that of ur page so that it does not messes with the other components & please provide a single close all button on the top of this new "pane" container

I appreciate ur work , this website is really a great one. so just giving my view to make it much better ^^

Alternatively, if you don't like black boxes, which some don't, but they are a means to an end, you can always start an online chat, which has chat history, a scroll bar, shortcuts to emoticons and opens in a new tab. Nifty, eh?
Saga
Posted: Monday, May 27, 2013 9:14:53 PM

sprite wrote:
speaking of facebook, how come we don't have the opportunity to play Candy Crush Saga here? (waves good bye second before Nicola deletes my account)

Wait.... Sweet_as_candy is gonna crush me?? .... wait... actually, that could be fun!! bootyshake
1ball
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 10:46:40 AM

The story editor does not allow you to remove a rejected story from a contest. I had to copy it out, and resubmit it without checking the checkbox. I would have preferred to simply uncheck it. I apologize for the extra verifier work that created, but I decided that I didn't want to submit a sanitized story to a contest and wasn't given another option besides delete it.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
aldenbradley
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 8:06:08 AM

New here. I have trouble pushing the word limit.
I use the word counter in MS Word, but it's accuracy is --- well, you know.
I've not been able to find a word counter on the submission page.
Am I missing it or is it a possible addition worth considering?
Have no desire to become infamous among the moderators as "The Wordy One".

Alden Bradley

The zenith of sensuality occurs in sensitivity.
Caring matters more than achieving gratification.
Liz
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 8:28:56 AM

aldenbradley wrote:
New here. I have trouble pushing the word limit.
I use the word counter in MS Word, but it's accuracy is --- well, you know.
I've not been able to find a word counter on the submission page.
Am I missing it or is it a possible addition worth considering?
Have no desire to become infamous among the moderators as "The Wordy One".

Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 12:32:38 PM

A category called "Erotic Poems" because "Love Poems" doesn't exactly fit sometimes. Or should we submit themed erotic poems to the specific category? I thought they might just be for stories. Thank you.
neo__
Posted: Friday, May 31, 2013 1:07:41 PM

GingerKitty wrote:

Alternatively, if you don't like black boxes, which some don't, but they are a means to an end, you can always start an online chat, which has chat history, a scroll bar, shortcuts to emoticons and opens in a new tab. Nifty, eh?

Well , i am not saying that i do not like it , as a matter of fact I prefer those black boxes to chat . They are small and really handy when I am reading a story on lush which i do a lot. So for me those black boxes are more comfortable but since it needs a little fix which "I" think , after that it will be more easy to work with ^^