Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
Liz
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 3:37:58 PM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress
Moderator

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 5,981
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
Liz
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 3:49:04 PM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress
Moderator

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 5,981
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
pleasureman69 wrote:
see who visited your site


I believe this has already been discussed and discounted due to a concern about 'stalking'.


Guest
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 4:31:52 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 688,894


Great minds eh? It seems like a pretty simple plugin to implement but I'm assuming Gav's backlog is pretty large.
clum
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 4:33:24 PM

Rank: Clumeleon
Moderator

Joined: 5/13/2011
Posts: 5,365
Location: Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
j1991h wrote:
Great minds eh? It seems like a pretty simple plugin to implement but I'm assuming Gav's backlog is pretty large.


Fucking HUGE. Like, one of the biggest I've ever seen. All the guys want to be him; all the ladies want to...

Wait... what were we talking about?

She Just Wants To Be

Third place entry in the Toy With Me competition.
Guest
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 4:53:52 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 688,894
Could there be a "report this post/thread" option added? Or if there is one, have I missed it?
Dani
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 9:23:43 AM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch
Moderator

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 6,066
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
JohnC wrote:
Could there be a "report this post/thread" option added? Or if there is one, have I missed it?


Seems like a good idea when you first think about it, but it would just turn into shit slinging. For instance, if someone was to stir up trouble in a forum, they could simply report all the posts that upset them. Or if someone had a strong opinion in a forum that someone disagreed with, they could report it for being offensive. Do you see where I'm going with this? There are people who dish out things but can't take them, so they'll just resort to reporting people's posts instead of handling things like grown ups.

I'm not saying everyone would abuse it like this, but most will.



Dani
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 9:24:55 AM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch
Moderator

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 6,066
Location: Under Your Bed, United States




Guest
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 10:05:21 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 688,894
slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:


Seems like a good idea when you first think about it, but it would just turn into shit slinging. For instance, if someone was to stir up trouble in a forum, they could simply report all the posts that upset them. Or if someone had a strong opinion in a forum that someone disagreed with, they could report it for being offensive. Do you see where I'm going with this? There are people who dish out things but can't take them, so they'll just resort to reporting people's posts instead of handling things like grown ups.

I'm not saying everyone would abuse it like this, but most will.

I see where you are coming from. And of course abuse of the feature could be dealt with too, right? I have seen it work wonderfully on other forums... granted, MUCH different member bases though. So it may or may not work well here. I am not sure.

I do know however that reporting violations now is so much of a process that I bet most simply don't bother. And so things happen over and over and over with little to no consequences for blatant violations. So I was just tossing it out there as a possibility. I have been an Admin and Moderator on more than my share of forums and this feature tended to be more of a benefit than a problem. It actually made doing the JOB of Admin or Moderator a lot easier and quicker in many cases. The staff assigned to each section would get the reports in their general boxes or directly into a forum section only they could see. And if someone was clearly abusing the feature, they would get a warning, and if it continued a time out, and if that didn't take care of the abuse, they would be removed from the forum.

But like I said... just floating the idea.
overmykneenow
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 10:19:23 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/8/2010
Posts: 1,287
Location: United Kingdom
JohnC wrote:
Could there be a "report this post/thread" option added? Or if there is one, have I missed it?


If there's something I think breaks the rules on the forum I click on THIS LINK to see who's around - someone usually is and I leave it up to them to sort out.

I'm not sure how adaptable the forum is as it's third party coding

Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 10:23:07 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/19/2011
Posts: 1,341
Location: I'm the girl that your father hoped he could date.
Lush has it already. It's at the top of the page in the HELP pulldown menu and labelled, "Contact Us".

It works for what's needed. Plus there's a "Report Profile" on each member's page.
Anything more than that would be superfluous.
It would make it easier for people to abuse when someone says something someone else finds offensive.
The roundabout way of doing it makes it so only serious accusations are reported.
The forum on Lush is monitored closely and very well. The mods don't sit on their hands waiting for people to whine.
They're pretty proactive. And the fact that the owner is involved here makes it quite different than many other forums I've been on and participated in.

Dani
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:06:37 AM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch
Moderator

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 6,066
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
JohnC wrote:

I see where you are coming from. And of course abuse of the feature could be dealt with too, right? I have seen it work wonderfully on other forums... granted, MUCH different member bases though. So it may or may not work well here. I am not sure.

I do know however that reporting violations now is so much of a process that I bet most simply don't bother. And so things happen over and over and over with little to no consequences for blatant violations. So I was just tossing it out there as a possibility. I have been an Admin and Moderator on more than my share of forums and this feature tended to be more of a benefit than a problem. It actually made doing the JOB of Admin or Moderator a lot easier and quicker in many cases. The staff assigned to each section would get the reports in their general boxes or directly into a forum section only they could see. And if someone was clearly abusing the feature, they would get a warning, and if it continued a time out, and if that didn't take care of the abuse, they would be removed from the forum.

But like I said... just floating the idea.


The process is as simple as clicking "Contact Us" and typing in your complaint. The same goes for reporting profiles or offensive pictures in chat rooms, except it's even simpler because you don't even have to type in anything. Admin gets these reports in by the boatload. It goes directly to their inbox like a PM, whether you're reporting a profile or pic or sending a formal complaint. So the assumption that most don't bother is incorrect.



Guest
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:30:25 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 688,894
slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:


The process is as simple as clicking "Contact Us" and typing in your complaint. The same goes for reporting profiles or offensive pictures in chat rooms, except it's even simpler because you don't even have to type in anything. Admin gets these reports in by the boatload. It goes directly to their inbox like a PM, whether you're reporting a profile or pic or sending a formal complaint. So the assumption that most don't bother is incorrect.

Ok, thanks. But I think the assumption that most DO is equally as plausibly incorrect. ;) It simply comes down to perception and what each of us THINKS, since you can't prove it either way... you can't prove a negative action like this. You only know what they GET, not what they didn't get.

I will however, point out that using a general contact and typing in your concerns is nowhere as easy as clicking a report thread/post button which will link the staff directly to the thing being reported. When you click "contact us" and then type your complaint, the staff then has to go FIND that issue, or the person reporting it hast to provide a link to it. So no, it is not really that "simple" compared to a fully automated reporting feature. It is not more simple for the staff OR the member doing the reporting.

If you don't think it would be a good feature here, fine. But it is quite clear that how it is now does not come close to the ease and speed of a dedicated report feature... which a great many forums use. These reports, like I said, can be directed to the Moderators/Staff directly responsible for the section the claimed violation happened in, and contain a link to the actual post or thread. It truly does streamline the staff's job.... and makes it easier for the membership to report actual violations.

But it was just a suggestion. And then I simply backed it up with logic and personal experience. As with all suggestions, they, of course, can be ignored or shot down for any reason. Just trying to help.
Guest
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:49:57 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 688,894
TheDevilsWeakness wrote:
Lush has it already. It's at the top of the page in the HELP pulldown menu and labelled, "Contact Us".

It works for what's needed. Plus there's a "Report Profile" on each member's page.
Anything more than that would be superfluous.
It would make it easier for people to abuse when someone says something someone else finds offensive.
The roundabout way of doing it makes it so only serious accusations are reported.
The forum on Lush is monitored closely and very well. The mods don't sit on their hands waiting for people to whine.
They're pretty proactive. And the fact that the owner is involved here makes it quite different than many other forums I've been on and participated in.

Thank you for your response. Some of that was covered by others but I know we all probably posted about the same times.

But wow.... wait for people to whine? LOL Um ok.

I have however seen many infractions go unattended to. Normally though it depends on who is doing the violating. That would not be addressed no matter what reporting process is used though... unfortunately.

I do understand the potential abuse of the system though. I personally don't know if it outweighs the benefits of a dedicated report feature. I just, as I said floated the idea.
Guest
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:52:02 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 688,894
overmykneenow wrote:


If there's something I think breaks the rules on the forum I click on THIS LINK to see who's around - someone usually is and I leave it up to them to sort out.

I'm not sure how adaptable the forum is as it's third party coding

Oh indeed. The potential coding issues would be the only issue I could think of that would truly prevent the report feature from being an asset to both the staff and membership.

On another note..... in general... to all staff.... My intent for the suggestion was NOT to step on toes. My intent was to make everyone's job and involvement in the process easier. It has worked wonders on forums I have been involved in, but if it is not right for HERE, no worries.
Dani
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:52:42 AM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch
Moderator

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 6,066
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
JohnC wrote:

Ok, thanks. But I think the assumption that most DO is equally as plausibly incorrect. ;) It simply comes down to perception and what each of us THINKS, since you can't prove it either way... you can't prove a negative action like this. You only know what they GET, not what they didn't get.

I will however, point out that using a general contact and typing in your concerns is nowhere as easy as clicking a report thread/post button which will link the staff directly to the thing being reported. When you click "contact us" and then type your complaint, the staff then has to go FIND that issue, or the person reporting it hast to provide a link to it. So no, it is not really that "simple" compared to a fully automated reporting feature. It is not more simple for the staff OR the member doing the reporting.

If you don't think it would be a good feature here, fine. But it is quite clear that how it is now does not come close to the ease and speed of a dedicated report feature... which a great many forums use. These reports, like I said, can be directed to the Moderators/Staff directly responsible for the section the claimed violation happened in, and contain a link to the actual post or thread. It truly does streamline the staff's job.... and makes it easier for the membership to report actual violations.

But it was just a suggestion. And frankly probably my last. LOL


Your suggestion is a sound one. Just discussing plausibility. And although there's always room for improvement, implying that the current process is drawn out or inefficient to push your suggestion is a big leap. I'm sure your idea will be explored either way, if it hasn't already been. icon_smile

And please, feel free to voice any other concerns you may have with the site. All suggestions are taken into consideration, whether you see it or not.



TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:55:48 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/19/2011
Posts: 1,341
Location: I'm the girl that your father hoped he could date.
If you've been a Mod on other forums, like you claim. Then you MUST know the half of the crap that comes floating through the "Report Here" is exactly that. Whining.

"He/She said something that hurt my feeeeeeelings!" or "I don't like the word 'retard' and I want it to stop! Instantly!"

I'm sorry... But in my definition, that's whining. dontknow

sprite
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:59:42 AM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 17,253
Location: My Tower, United States
TheDevilsWeakness wrote:
If you've been a Mod on other forums, like you claim. Then you MUST know the half of the crap that comes floating through the "Report Here" is exactly that. Whining.

"He/She said something that hurt my feeeeeeelings!" or "I don't like the word 'retard' and I want it to stop! Instantly!"

I'm sorry... But in my definition, that's whining. dontknow


i am reporting this, FYI drunken

Live, love, laugh.
Dani
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 12:00:24 PM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch
Moderator

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 6,066
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
sprite wrote:


i am reporting this, FYI drunken


sign0024



TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 12:01:50 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/19/2011
Posts: 1,341
Location: I'm the girl that your father hoped he could date.
sprite wrote:

i am reporting this, FYI drunken


Oh yeah!! Well... uh... er... ummmm... The Simspons Suck!!! happy8

sprite
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 12:08:16 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 17,253
Location: My Tower, United States
TheDevilsWeakness wrote:


Oh yeah!! Well... uh... er... ummmm... The Simspons Suck!!! happy8


so do i *salacious wink* bootyshake

Live, love, laugh.
TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 12:16:14 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/19/2011
Posts: 1,341
Location: I'm the girl that your father hoped he could date.
sprite wrote:

so do i *salacious wink* bootyshake


Dammit! *grumbles looking for a dickshunairy* Sa... Sala... Salaci... Oh christ on a cracker! What the hell is that?

Guest
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 12:27:04 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 688,894
LOL Fair enough, and thank you all for your continued comments.
sprite
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 1:10:10 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 17,253
Location: My Tower, United States
TheDevilsWeakness wrote:


Dammit! *grumbles looking for a dickshunairy* Sa... Sala... Salaci... Oh christ on a cracker! What the hell is that?


*blushes* sorry. my spelling goes all to hell when i'm masturbating. Embarassed

Live, love, laugh.
sprite
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 1:13:26 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 17,253
Location: My Tower, United States
sa·la·cious
/səˈlāSHəs/
Adjective
(of writing, pictures, or talk) Treating sexual matters in an indecent way.


oo! see? i DID get it right! HA!

Live, love, laugh.
TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 1:27:23 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/19/2011
Posts: 1,341
Location: I'm the girl that your father hoped he could date.
sprite wrote:
sa·la·cious
/səˈlāSHəs/
Adjective
(of writing, pictures, or talk) Treating sexual matters in an indecent way.


oo! see? i DID get it right! HA!


SPRITE! You popped my 1000 forum post cherry! bootyshake <---- That's salacious Read it

sprite
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 1:32:38 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 17,253
Location: My Tower, United States
TheDevilsWeakness wrote:


SPRITE! You popped my 1000 forum post cherry! bootyshake <---- That's salacious Read it


be happy to pop some other cherries for you, angel, if you know what i mean ;)

Live, love, laugh.
sprite
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 1:36:56 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 17,253
Location: My Tower, United States
be happy to teach you some other words, btw, if you're curious ;)

Live, love, laugh.
Liz
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 2:12:22 PM

Rank: Scarlet Seductress
Moderator

Joined: 1/22/2013
Posts: 5,981
Location: In the sweet shop, United Kingdom
sprite wrote:
be happy to teach you some other words, btw, if you're curious ;)





Poppet
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 2:31:14 PM

Rank: Sweetest Cricket

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 5,856
Location: On A Wishing Star, United States
I was just talking to someone and we think it would be cool if we got a notice either in our inbox or e-mail about new updates, or changes on the site. It would also be nice if it was an option because not everyone is going to want the feature, because it can cause spam. But, sometimes we don't see the new features, or takes a while to see them. So, yeah that would be wicked!

Amyyyyy
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2013 3:07:00 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 8/15/2012
Posts: 95
Location: My house, United Kingdom
I'm not sure whether this has been asked already but I'll say it anyway I'd love if you added a 'like' button for pictures and videos! Thank you
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.