Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
sarahlovespussy
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 3:07:35 AM

Hey, I would like to see improvements in the chat rooms so the work better on mobiles as I love to chat and my laptop is broken
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 3:19:13 AM

1. Having your profile as private for an option
2. Having a status option of 'invisible'
3. Umm denying people access to you profile
4. An app would be nice
5. Make this website layout like wattpad.com

and yeah that's it so far
Liz
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 3:34:17 AM

Farhin wrote:
1. Having your profile as private for an option
2. Having a status option of 'invisible'
3. Umm denying people access to you profile
4. An app would be nice
5. Make this website layout like wattpad.com

and yeah that's it so far

1 - You can restrict all sorts of sections of your profile for non-friend viewers (see the settings page)
2 - This is in there too.
3 - A profile is a 'public' page. If you had the ability to block a user from even looking at it; they would still be able to see it if they logged out.
4 - Android app is available from Google Play Store and Amazon App store. Apple do not allow 'adult' applications, hence no iPhone/iPad app.
5 - Any particular features you like about the Wattpad site?

Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 4:02:28 AM

Liz wrote:

1 - You can restrict all sorts of sections of your profile for non-friend viewers (see the settings page)
2 - This is in there too.
3 - A profile is a 'public' page. If you had the ability to block a user from even looking at it; they would still be able to see it if they logged out.
4 - Android app is available from Google Play Store and Amazon App store. Apple do not allow 'adult' applications, hence no iPhone/iPad app.
5 - Any particular features you like about the Wattpad site?

Really I did not know that. Thank you very much. Hehe I'm still new here. Yeah I love the Layout of Wattpad in genral
SugarBaby2013
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 5:08:37 AM

On our profile pages there is a "Report Profile" button. How about something like that to report an individual forum thread, that is offensive.

Liz
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 6:16:07 AM

SugarBaby2013 wrote:
On our profile pages there is a "Report Profile" button. How about something like that to report an individual forum thread, that is offensive.

I believe this has already been suggested, discussed and rejected as a change to the site.
The feeling was that it would not be used properly.
Anyone who has an issue with a thread in the forum can either:

- Use the contact form, or
- Mention it directly to a moderator (preferred)

http://www.lushstories.com/our-contacts.aspx

sprite
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 9:46:55 AM

can we figure out a way for Lush to clean my cat boxes? drunken

Live, love, laugh.
Dani
Posted: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 10:30:36 AM

sprite wrote:
can we figure out a way for Lush to clean my cat boxes? drunken

It should happen automatically when you clear your cookies. At least that's how it works for me. You must have a glitch.clown

Shylass
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:51:03 AM

GingerKitty wrote:
I'm always reading about wanting to improve the standards of the writing here, which is sometimes (okay, most of the time) met with criticism. I think in order to help people improve and get good feedback, a critique forum, like on the sister site would be useful.

This is a great idea. However, I think that it should be a private forum, just as it is on the blue site. It would have to consist of people who are serious (in a fun way), or it would just be another vehicle for slagging people off or running them down (certain people are good at that).

I am in two minds about whether I would want to join it, personally, but I'm not sure that this thread is the right place for that discussion.

In general, I think the idea has potential in some form here.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Liz
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:06:40 AM

Shylass wrote:

This is a great idea. However, I think that it should be a private forum, just as it is on the blue site. It would have to consist of people who are serious (in a fun way), or it would just be another vehicle for slagging people off or running them down (certain people are good at that).

I am in two minds about whether I would want to join it, personally, but I'm not sure that this thread is the right place for that discussion.

In general, I think the idea has potential in some form here.

Instead of a private forum, how about this:

I have seen on some artistic websites (such as DeviantArt) that a user can specify that they would like to have a piece critiqued when submitting it.

We could have a tick box on the story submission page called 'I would like a critique of this story' which would put an additional button on the story page itself.

Any user can click the button and submit a proper review of the story (subject to certain conditions such as minimum word count - otherwise you could get 'critiques' which say for example, "Not enough cock.")

These could then be listed as links on the top of the comments section, e.g. 'Critique by Shylass' which can be clicked on and opened.

This would also allow for multiple story reviews without clogging up the comments section with big chunks of text, but also allow casual readers to check them out also.

Perhaps a privacy option could also be added to make the critiques only visible to the author?

Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:19:19 AM

Shylass
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:23:45 AM

Liz wrote:

Instead of a private forum, how about this:

I have seen on some artistic websites (such as DeviantArt) that a user can specify that they would like to have a piece critiqued when submitting it.

We could have a tick box on the story submission page called 'I would like a critique of this story' which would put an additional button on the story page itself.

Any user can click the button and submit a proper review of the story (subject to certain conditions such as minimum word count - otherwise you could get 'critiques' which say for example, "Not enough cock.")

These could then be listed as links on the top of the comments section, e.g. 'Critique by Shylass' which can be clicked on and opened.

This would also allow for multiple story reviews without clogging up the comments section with big chunks of text, but also allow casual readers to check them out also.

Perhaps a privacy option could also be added to make the critiques only visible to the author?

Like I said, I'm not sure that I would definitely want to use such a function on Lush myself, for various reasons, but I'm not sure that the thread to discuss it is this one. The ideas have so many implications, and since this thread is for all sorts of varying site ideas, some replies would get lost.

Nobody except me commented on it until now, as it was lost on the previous page by other posts that had nothing to do with it. I only realised that it was there because a friend told me. The idea could get discussed in detail here, but other suggestions will be lost, or replies will be missed. I would be happy to see, and contribute to, the idea in a separate discussion thread if anybody feels strongly enough that it would be a plausible and accepted idea.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Liz
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 6:34:04 AM

Shylass wrote:

Like I said, I'm not sure that I would definitely want to use such a function on Lush myself, for various reasons, but I'm not sure that the thread to discuss it is this one. The ideas have so many implications, and since this thread is for all sorts of varying site ideas, some replies would get lost.

Nobody except me commented on it until now, as it was lost on the previous page by other posts that had nothing to do with it. I only realised that it was there because a friend told me. The idea could get discussed in detail here, but other suggestions will be lost, or replies will be missed. I would be happy to see, and contribute to, the idea in a separate discussion thread if anybody feels strongly enough that it would be a plausible and accepted idea.

Fair enough.

New thread started here if yourself and GingerKitty would like to add anymore thoughts:

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postsm1226734_Site-Suggestion-Story-Critique.aspx

Liz

Shylass
Posted: Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:02:44 AM

Liz wrote:

Fair enough.

New thread started here if yourself and GingerKitty would like to add anymore thoughts:

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postsm1226734_Site-Suggestion-Story-Critique.aspx

Liz

Thank you. sunny

Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:31:20 PM

I would like to have the ability to remove offensive comments on my stories. I am certainly not suggesting I don't want anything but positive comments. I accept constructive criticism, and appreciate it. But, when red and whites with nothing on their bio, have been members for months and have 8 page views leaves a nasty remark, tainting the next readers views, and possible votes...it pisses me off.

Naturally, they hit me with a 1 or 2 dropping my 5 average into the tank.

I'd like to be able to dump crap like that myself. Just sayin...Where's my hammer?
Liz
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 1:38:30 PM

theplayer wrote:
I would like to have the ability to remove offensive comments on my stories. I am certainly not suggesting I don't want anything but positive comments. I accept constructive criticism, and appreciate it. But, when red and whites with nothing on their bio, have been members for months and have 8 page views leaves a nasty remark, tainting the next readers views, and possible votes...it pisses me off.

Naturally, they hit me with a 1 or 2 dropping my 5 average into the tank.

I'd like to be able to dump crap like that myself. Just sayin...Where's my hammer?

I don't think that would be a smart move, do you?
If users were given the ability to remove comments and/or scores on their own stories, where would it end?
Anything offensive or without any constructive literary value e.g. "This is absolute shit!", can be removed for you by a moderator upon request.

Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:01:25 PM

I don't like the "When you score a story/You have to comment" feature and I wouldn't like forcing people to leave comments, but I think we should have a feature were if someone scores a story low than you should leave a comment why. Mostly, so douchebags can't low score stories just 'cause they don't like the author. thumbright
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:04:19 PM

can i remove any scores that aren't a 5? cause that would be AWESOME! drunken

Live, love, laugh.
Noreasonneeded
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:20:37 PM

I's like the see the red banner stay in place as I scroll down a page.

also, when voting or commenting it returns you to some random place in the middle of the page. Then you have to scroll down again to comment. and then BACK to the middle of the page. Can a vote leave you at the vote box?

Like Humans - A Supernatural Comp Entry

Five Nights - a 7-part Group Sex Event

New Lesson - A Taboo Tale of a Teacher and his prize student

Job Well Done - "Put A Spin On It" Contest, with killer audio from the lovely Mazza!

Tour Guide - Of Reluctance and expanding possibilities...
crazydiamond
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:44:45 PM

Smell-O-Vision. bunny

Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:54:16 PM

sprite wrote:
can i remove any scores that aren't a 5? cause that would be AWESOME! drunken

Nah, just go the whole hog and remove the stories themselves, after all, anything scored with less than a 5 is complete bollocks and doesn't deserve to exist (note, the joking tone)
Liz
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:01:11 PM

crazydiamond wrote:
Smell-O-Vision. bunny

I can see the 'anal' category becoming a lot less popular f-hihi

sprite
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:03:30 PM

Liz wrote:

I can see the 'anal' category becoming a lot less popular f-hihi

now lemon-scented! *gigglefit*

Live, love, laugh.
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 4:33:27 PM

I'd prefer we keep this thread free of banter. Gav and I have 47 pages to wade through as it is. I can see it ending up being ignored otherwise.
bookworm_sue
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 5:00:56 PM

More flexibility in searches. either multiple words or tags within categories or combination of all three.

Sex is emotion in motion.
Mae West

nicola
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:57:28 PM

bookworm_sue wrote:
More flexibility in searches. either multiple words or tags within categories or combination of all three.

This is on our backlog list of things to do, search has needed an overhaul for some time.
sweet_as_candy
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:15:38 AM

Just an idea, but how about condensing the story list on the home page to fit more on? That way stories remain on the front page for a little while longer. Maybe only displaying the first three lines or whatever, the tags displayed next to the story title instead of the bottom? dontknow

Frank
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:21:47 AM

When using a mobile to read stories it is too slow going back through pages always from the most recent.
Far better once a genre has been selected to have numbers as we do in the forums on the bottom.
Then we could just jump back through the pages.
Discover old stories hidden in the past.
Let's explore!

coffee

Of all our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney

buttercup2u
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:16:55 AM

I would love to have more themes to choose from when making a private chat room. even if its just differnt colors. It might also be nice to be able to flip the background, like a mirror image just to change things up a bit. Sometimes it is hard to read what is said in cha trooms with backgrounds, it would be nice to be able to have your font on a white background.....I would aslo love to have the option to use my own photos as background for my private chat room.
Barrone
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:20:06 AM

More Cool-N-Sexy Avatars;)

Have you experienced the Magic of Frog Tongue...Mmmm...Cum an try it:):P