Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Which improvements or features would you like to see added? Options · View
sprite
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 7:01:43 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 23,926
Location:
cocokisses wrote:


You know, we're cool and all but I think you'd be seeing that damn message as much as any other lushie. laughing9


we can call it the Magical Felix setting :)


Coco
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 7:58:33 PM

Rank: Cocolicious
Moderator

Joined: 7/22/2011
Posts: 5,165
Location: Fantasy City, United States
sprite
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 8:04:31 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 23,926
Location:
Jinxy wrote:


I mean old ones, like old old ones. I can't see them going through every story ever written ever since Lush happened to go thru em, so maybe they missed some? thats why just anyone can suggest it, and the mods can look at it, and see if they agree or not. It also gets others involved, which I think on a site like this, it should be like that.


i actually go thru older stories from time to time, ones that sort of caught my attention the first time and tag them as RRs - i'm fairly confident many of the other mods do too - do we catch them all? no, or at least not yet. while it's a good idea, the Cons i see to doing it this way is that i could easily become a popularity contest instead of a what truly good contest. also, take into account that we're not going to always agree with you and that we STILL have to read the story proposed in order to give it an RR - i'm not sure i want to put that much extra work on my mods, to be honest :)


Magical_felix
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2013 8:29:35 PM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 8,194
Location: California
Autumn17 wrote:


That's not a bad idea. laughing9


Thanks, I don't think it's a bad idea at all either.

Don't listen to those two harpies that posted after you. They know I'd silence them in a heartbeat. I wish I could right now actually.


Jinxy
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:56:04 AM

Rank: Princess Blondie

Joined: 10/10/2012
Posts: 3,137
Location: In His Heart, United States
sprite wrote:


i actually go thru older stories from time to time, ones that sort of caught my attention the first time and tag them as RRs - i'm fairly confident many of the other mods do too - do we catch them all? no, or at least not yet. while it's a good idea, the Cons i see to doing it this way is that i could easily become a popularity contest instead of a what truly good contest. also, take into account that we're not going to always agree with you and that we STILL have to read the story proposed in order to give it an RR - i'm not sure i want to put that much extra work on my mods, to be honest :)


ok i thought it be a good idea. :) but no dont want extra work for the mods, cos i know they do so much already. :) i guess thats why i thought it would be a good idea for us ppl to do it. so we could be like hey check this out. :) i did think it might be a popularity contest that is the biggest downfall on my idea. thanks for answerin me :)

†Jinxy Approved†

Poppet
Posted: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 4:13:27 PM

Rank: Cheeky Chick

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 6,476
Okay, you know how we can hide images people post on their blogs? Which helps hide on our profiles, but also on our friends list (The one with the little blue people on top right side), is it possible to have the same option for videos as well? I'd really like to be able to turn those off. It doesn't come up on my profile, but it does come up on my friends list, and it makes it lag, and takes ages to load. Please?

Guest
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:00:06 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 891,710
Magical_felix wrote:
It would be cool if we could silence a friend for like a day or something. You can hit the silence button and they get a reply back when they message you that says, "you have been silenced for 24 hours and you do not want to be heard right now."

That would be cool.




Lfunny

Strangerlyd
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 11:24:53 AM

Rank: JustMe

Joined: 8/14/2013
Posts: 7,242
Location: Somewhere Far and Near, South Africa
Would like to comment on my friends there and then, when they "says" something, now you have to go into there Profile, and post on there wall.

Guest
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:35:32 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 891,710
Can we have a badge whore badge for people who collect all the badges?
Dani
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:10:54 PM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch
Moderator

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 7,556
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
GingerKitty wrote:
Can we have a badge whore badge for people who collect all the badges?


That's kind of impossible as some badges are novelty badges, like the Potato Badge or the Matriarch badge. So this would only work if novelty badges didn't count. It's not a bad idea, though.


Poppet
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:58:44 PM

Rank: Cheeky Chick

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 6,476
Still waiting for someone to say something about my last idea...

Guest
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:58:30 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 891,710
slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:


That's kind of impossible as some badges are novelty badges, like the Potato Badge or the Matriarch badge. So this would only work if novelty badges didn't count. It's not a bad idea, though.


I suppose they could have it so that if one collected a certain amount of badges, they'd earn it.
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:39:01 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 28,792
Poppet wrote:
Still waiting for someone to say something about my last idea...


Which one, the email notifications or showing who scored what?

Email notifications are fairly easy to set up, depending on what you'd like a notification about.

The latter will never happen. We had it that way initially, and people started falling out over it! "Why did you only give me a 3 on my latest story crybaby" etc.

ALL these suggestions get read. Then we ignore them. f-hihi Joking aside, we periodically go through this entire thread, spot common requests, and change the site according, incorporating the best of the ideas, as and when we have time.

Please keep the ideas coming, your collective input is what has lead to the site evolving the way it has. It's an organic process.
Poppet
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 10:46:18 AM

Rank: Cheeky Chick

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 6,476
nicola wrote:
Which one, the email notifications or showing who scored what?

Email notifications are fairly easy to set up, depending on what you'd like a notification about.

The latter will never happen. We had it that way initially, and people started falling out over it! "Why did you only give me a 3 on my latest story crybaby" etc.

ALL these suggestions get read. Then we ignore them. f-hihi Joking aside, we periodically go through this entire thread, spot common requests, and change the site according, incorporating the best of the ideas, as and when we have time.

Please keep the ideas coming, your collective input is what has lead to the site evolving the way it has. It's an organic process.


No, Nicola, this one.

Okay, you know how we can hide images people post on their blogs? Which helps hide on our profiles, but also on our friends list (The one with the little blue people on top right side), is it possible to have the same option for videos as well? I'd really like to be able to turn those off. It doesn't come up on my profile, but it does come up on my friends list, and it makes it lag, and takes ages to load. Please?

Dani
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 1:37:06 PM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch
Moderator

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 7,556
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
How about a harder block feature? There would be such a reduction in complaint numbers if the block feature extended to the forums. That way, if people quarrel it's because they choose to, leaving it completely out of our hands.


nicola
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:07:16 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 28,792
Poppet wrote:


No, Nicola, this one.

Okay, you know how we can hide images people post on their blogs? Which helps hide on our profiles, but also on our friends list (The one with the little blue people on top right side), is it possible to have the same option for videos as well? I'd really like to be able to turn those off. It doesn't come up on my profile, but it does come up on my friends list, and it makes it lag, and takes ages to load. Please?


Sounds like a good idea. I'll point Gav in here.
Poppet
Posted: Thursday, September 26, 2013 4:28:20 PM

Rank: Cheeky Chick

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 6,476
nicola wrote:
Sounds like a good idea. I'll point Gav in here.


Thank you! I think it would help with the lag it takes to load the friends list. :)

Guest
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 12:09:45 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 891,710
Being able to order stories is great (even though I neglect it, I know, I'm lazy) but being able to pin, say maybe, three of them to the top, so that they stay there, even when you post a new one, would be quite nice.
Poppet
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 4:09:13 PM

Rank: Cheeky Chick

Joined: 10/5/2012
Posts: 6,476
GingerKitty wrote:
Being able to order stories is great (even though I neglect it, I know, I'm lazy) but being able to pin, say maybe, three of them to the top, so that they stay there, even when you post a new one, would be quite nice.


I'd like this idea, for like my recommended reads or if I ever get an EP. Nice idea. I hope it passes!

RumpleForeskin
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 6:04:08 PM

Rank: The Right Rev of Lush

Joined: 7/3/2009
Posts: 4,376
Location: Lost in the desert west of Tombstone, AZ
Other than the Lushhweb site becoming, Section 504, compliant (it's a USA thing) what I'd like the most, I mean, besides a Lush lady or two for the weekend, is a choice of displays. A stripped down display, sans AV, sig line, etc. would speed things up a LOT for those with slow computers or internet connection or, ahem, screen readers. Probably more trouble than it'd be worth, but those top my wish list.

glasses8


RUMPLATIONS: Lush's leading honky-tonk and cyber bar Home of the Lush 'in' crowd: indecent, intoxicated, & insolvent. Check it out.


FROM:
Becky -- FOR: Matt -- With Love:
Festive Contest winner – honest

HOW HUMANS DO IT: a fish-eye view of sex an Editor's Pick - no kidding

A Bookish Love StoryContest runner-up and Recommended read- seriously
nicola
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2013 1:43:19 AM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 28,792
RumpleForeskin wrote:
Other than the Lushhweb site becoming, Section 504, compliant (it's a USA thing)


Can you send me a brief note on what that would entail please Mr Rumple, I've never heard of it before.
RumpleForeskin
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2013 7:27:29 PM

Rank: The Right Rev of Lush

Joined: 7/3/2009
Posts: 4,376
Location: Lost in the desert west of Tombstone, AZ
Roger that. Wilco Charlie. You betcha. No problem...well, not much. etc, etc, etc..

glasses8

RUMPLATIONS: Lush's leading honky-tonk and cyber bar Home of the Lush 'in' crowd: indecent, intoxicated, & insolvent. Check it out.


FROM:
Becky -- FOR: Matt -- With Love:
Festive Contest winner – honest

HOW HUMANS DO IT: a fish-eye view of sex an Editor's Pick - no kidding

A Bookish Love StoryContest runner-up and Recommended read- seriously
RumpleForeskin
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:03:00 PM

Rank: The Right Rev of Lush

Joined: 7/3/2009
Posts: 4,376
Location: Lost in the desert west of Tombstone, AZ
This will come as a shock to all and/or one, but I goofed. The relevant regulation is, Section 508. (sorry about that) Congress passed something or other that requires all US gov't agencies to make sure their web sites are 100% accessible to all who are hard of seeing. That was about 15 years ago. At last check, over half the gov't web sites sill have areas of non-compliance. Yeah, who'd a'thunk it?

While it does not apply to non-US gov't sites, 508 standards have become something of a world wide measuring stick for voluntary web site accessibility efforts.If f you really, really, really want more info, google 'section 508' or 'WebAIM' and, as always, Wiki has an article on the subject.

glasses8

RUMPLATIONS: Lush's leading honky-tonk and cyber bar Home of the Lush 'in' crowd: indecent, intoxicated, & insolvent. Check it out.


FROM:
Becky -- FOR: Matt -- With Love:
Festive Contest winner – honest

HOW HUMANS DO IT: a fish-eye view of sex an Editor's Pick - no kidding

A Bookish Love StoryContest runner-up and Recommended read- seriously
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 12:59:08 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 891,710
Hi, I was wondering why can't Masters on here put more then one name down in their relationship status?
scarlet
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 4:59:27 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/18/2011
Posts: 3,342
Location: United Kingdom
I'd love more smileys in the chatrooms.... this one especially drunken
sprite
Posted: Monday, October 14, 2013 7:01:44 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 23,926
Location:
you know how we can do the invisible thing while online? is it possible to make it so we can be invisible, but visible to a few select people? i'm guessing it'd be a huge headache, but if it's not, it'd be really helpful. :)


SydneySider
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:50:40 AM

Rank: Candy Connoisseur
Moderator

Joined: 11/6/2011
Posts: 2,658
Location: Sydney
Maggiecat wrote:
Hi, I was wondering why can't Masters on here put more then one name down in their relationship status?


Why should the rules be different for masters?? Why not everyone?? Im sure there are people here who could fill out multiple relationships status's:

married to...
But,
in a relationship with
as well as,
master of
and also,
screwing "someone else" behind "everyone listed above's" back..

Coco
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:33:57 AM

Rank: Cocolicious
Moderator

Joined: 7/22/2011
Posts: 5,165
Location: Fantasy City, United States
SydneySider wrote:


Why should the rules be different for masters?? Why not everyone?? Im sure there are people here who could fill out multiple relationships status's:

married to...
But,
in a relationship with
as well as,
master of
and also,
screwing "someone else" behind "everyone listed above's" back..



This could go on and on ad nauseam. I think it's fine the way it is, and I imagine Gav's list is a mile long with issues that are more pressing.




Mazza
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:21:02 PM

Rank: Mazztastic

Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 3,354
sprite wrote:
you know how we can do the invisible thing while online? is it possible to make it so we can be invisible, but visible to a few select people? i'm guessing it'd be a huge headache, but if it's not, it'd be really helpful. :)


Maybe we could 'group' our friends and have our favourites all together - the ones we communicate with regularly - then choose how we want to interact with them?

I'd like it if Gav could fix it for me to be invisible in real life too? I like the ghosting thing...

I wondered if it would be possible to make it easier to move and order the stories that we've written? Maybe to be able to group and select more than one at a time rather than having to click and move them one by one? Or maybe even to be able to drag and drop them?

It would be helpful if in the "my stories" section of our accounts, we could maybe see the stats of the stories - in the same way that you can see the votes/scores/views etc if you click on a user's stories?

Big Hugs

Nothing to see here...
sprite
Posted: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 2:39:46 PM

Rank: Her Royal Spriteness
Moderator

Joined: 6/18/2010
Posts: 23,926
Location:
Mazza wrote:



I wondered if it would be possible to make it easier to move and order the stories that we've written? Maybe to be able to group and select more than one at a time rather than having to click and move them one by one? Or maybe even to be able to drag and drop them?


Big Hugs


that would be brilliant, if we could.


Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.