Story-based roleplaying chat?

last reply
11 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Got this idea a could of weeks ago, now thought of sharing it: We have a lot of stories here. So when people do role-playing chatting, they can pick a story and act as its characters... What do you think?

[They can even spice up the story by adding their own modifications!]
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
funny, but i was just thinking along these lines, about making an Alice in Wonderland themed chat room where everyone had to take on a Wonderland persona while chatting... probably hard to get people to do, but i think it would be fun. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
it might be fun. depends on how good the imagination is. of course, it may piss some authors off. if we can stand the annoying drone of whiners, it would be great
Lurker
0 likes
i agree with sprite! it would fun to do something like that as long as everyone knew who the characters were! smile lol x
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Aaannn
it might be fun. depends on how good the imagination is. of course, it may piss some authors off. if we can stand the annoying drone of whiners, it would be great

You have to remember to get authors permission to use their stories. I would think copyright laws apply here.
Matriarch
0 likes
Am I correct in thinking that someone wishes to use a story as a basis for a chat role playing session, where each chat participant acts as one character based on the story?

If it's taking the fantasy of the story and merely pretending to be the characters, I don't think it's necessary to get the author's permission. The reason being, they are not creating and publishing a story, or copying and reproducing the story - they are temporarily using the idea behind it. It would probably fall under "Fair Use": http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_and_Fair_Use_Overview/chapter9/index.html

If on the other hand they took the characters and made a new story based on them, that's a derivative work, and the owner must be contacted, or you'll be in breach of copyright.

I think that's correct.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Am I correct in thinking that someone wishes to use a story as a basis for a chat role playing session, where each chat participant acts as one character based on the story?

If it's taking the fantasy of the story and merely pretending to be the characters, I don't think it's necessary to get the author's permission. The reason being, they are not creating and publishing a story, or copying and reproducing the story - they are temporarily using the idea behind it. It would probably fall under "Fair Use": http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_and_Fair_Use_Overview/chapter9/index.html

If on the other hand they took the characters and made a new story based on them, that's a derivative work, and the owner must be contacted, or you'll be in breach of copyright.

I think that's correct.

Very true. Fair use is often overlooked. As far as all my stories go they are licensed under the creative commons. So do what you will, provided you aren't using them to make money. Though I doubt many would want to roleplay them.
Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Oka-aaaay! I get the jist, however, I do hope that, given that this is a Sex Story site, we can be a tad spicier than something like Alice In Wonderland. How about variants like "Alice In WunderLust" - I'll play the wizened Chinese sage, "Hung Long Dong", who gets to give Alice her gyno exam.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
*giggles* i should share some of my versions of Alice in Wonderland sometime... they certainly aren't tame! biggrin

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Glad to know that you guys liked the idea. I'm new here, so I now have to find some friends with whom I can try this...
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
i have written a family story and think it would be very hot to act it out with someone, either on the computer or by phone. or just have other people act it out and let me know how it was.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
i think it might be fun. but im not too sure about the alice in wonderland theme.
its me...love it!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Just read @clonjon's *extremely erotic* story, and can't wait to act it out with a horny girl...
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
THEMED FOR EASY ACCESS TO LIKE MINDED JNTRESTS