Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

How do you feel about the Top-Free Equal Rights movement? Options · View
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 6:32:28 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,189
Location: United States
Apparently yesterday was a national "Go Topless" day, sponsored by the Top-Free Equal Rights Association. There were protests in Venice Beach, Ca:

Quote:
It's all in the name of equal rights. Why should it be okay (legally) for men to walk in public shirtless while it's not for women? Here in Los Angeles it's illegal. "There could be some consequence for that," an LAPD spokesperson, calling it indecent exposure, told LAist.

Organizers of a protest at Venice Beach this weekend don't see it that way. "The 14th amendment guarantees equal protection under law and properly interpreted it guarantees women the right to be top-free where men are allowed to be topfree," they say. "Unfortunately, some jurisdictions do not recognize that right, and there is a less stringent test in the courts (called intermediate scrutiny) for gender based differential treatment than for e.g., racial classifications (which are analyzed under what's called strict scrutiny)."


Miami Beach:

Quote:
Topless women are hardly uncommon on South Beach, where scantily clad babes often sun bathe or swim while wearing the bare minimum.
But change the scenery to Lincoln Road, add men wearing red bra tops and other members of a religious cult that plans on displaying the swastika just a few blocks from Miami Beach's Holocaust Memorial.

The potentially bizarre and inflammatory protest scheduled for Sunday on Lincoln Road -- touted as a protest of sexist laws prohibiting women going topless -- is backed by the Raelians, the cult that made headlines nearly a decade ago by claiming they'd cloned a baby.
The group, which runs GoTopless.org, is holding several protests around the country Sunday, including the 4 p.m. gathering on Lincoln Road.

"If men can go topless why can't women,'' said Donna Newman, a Raelian from North Miami Beach who is organizing the Miami Beach event.


And other places around America. I wasn't aware that this protest was even held - that's how much news coverage it got. But they ran a story on it this morning, and it cause a pretty predictable argument between myself and Mrs. Nudie Pants. (I'm all for it, she's against it.)

What's your opinion? Should women be allowed to go topless in the same places as men do? Or is is something that should be confined to the proper venue (like specially set-aside areas of the beach)?

And, just so this post isn't totally boring, here's a picture of a pretty girl, supporting a top-free attitude...



rxtales
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 8:53:34 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 11/28/2008
Posts: 2,589
Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom
I don't think it's any more indecent for a woman to go topless than a man.
LadyX
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 10:30:12 AM

Rank: Artistic Tart
Moderator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,813
Hell yes- I can't see a reason why men and women shouldn't both have that right. People are uptight about sex, and they think boobs = sex. Otherwise, I can't even see the logic.
mercianknight
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 11:40:14 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/11/2009
Posts: 2,027
Location: whispering conspiratorially in your ear, Bermuda
You get no argument from ladies....c'mon, get yer tits out!! boobieflash2

Ahem! Forgive me, testosterone surge...I'll try not to let it happen again. coffee

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 11:42:35 AM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 5,156
Location: California
I'm thinking some dudes might have a hard time controlling their grabby hands if women walked around topless all day...



Rembacher
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 12:12:33 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/16/2008
Posts: 1,107
I think it's been about ten years since a woman challenged the laws here in Ontario using the equal rights aargument. She won. But the beaches I've been to never seem to have any ladies taking advantage of their equal rights. I think that Felix's comment is a large reason for that. Our society still sees breasts as sexual objects, and a woman topless at a beach, or in any busy public area will get a lot of attention, some wanted, but also a whole lot of unwanted. Until it becomes more common place, the reaction to a topless woman will continue to discourage women from going topless.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 12:20:40 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,189
Location: United States
Magical_felix wrote:
I'm thinking some dudes might have a hard time controlling their grabby hands if women walked around topless all day...


This is one of the arguments Mrs Nudie Pants used this morning. She said (paraphrasing), "Because too many men will get too excited, and not be able to control themselves. Women will be getting raped more often."

I asked her, "You don't think men will be able to control their sexual urges around topless women?"

"No."

"But you never hear about women getting raped at nude beaches, or topless bars."

"They have security."

"Which are all men. Besides which, you don't think that men can get excited looking at a provocatively dressed woman who has her bewbs covered?"

"Of course they can get excited, but it's not the same."

"So, basically, a topless woman can turn a normal man into a rapist. And it would be her fault, because she was topless, right? Like the old rapist's 'She was asking for it' defense... right? She was topless so she deserved to get raped?"

"Now, that's not what I meant..."

Using that argument, felix, you may as well make women dress in burkhas. 'Cause heaven knows, a subtle glimpse of ankle can turn a man into a raving, sex-starved lunatic, doncha know...
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 12:29:20 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,189
Location: United States
Jebru wrote:
I think it's been about ten years since a woman challenged the laws here in Ontario using the equal rights aargument. She won. But the beaches I've been to never seem to have any ladies taking advantage of their equal rights. I think that Felix's comment is a large reason for that. Our society still sees breasts as sexual objects, and a woman topless at a beach, or in any busy public area will get a lot of attention, some wanted, but also a whole lot of unwanted. Until it becomes more common place, the reaction to a topless woman will continue to discourage women from going topless.


But the only way for it to become common, is for more women to do it. It's kinda like a Catch-22. On Miami Beach, while topless sunbathing has never been entirely legal, any laws against it have always been ignored due to the large number of European and South American tourists that vacation there. The reality is, a really hot topless woman causes only slightly more reaction than a really hot bikini-clad woman. They both turn heads in proportion to the amount of hotness present. If LadyX were there in a bikini, for instance, I can pretty much guarantee that the city would come to a halt. LadyX topless? I think time would actually stand still. Of course, we'll never know unless LadyX actually decides to test this theory by coming to Miami Beach...
Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 1:09:56 PM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 5,156
Location: California
MrNudiePants wrote:


"But you never hear about women getting raped at nude beaches, or topless bars."


They have topless bars now !?!



And no I don't think it'll turn "normal" men into rapists... Just drunk assholes into grabbers. Also some dudes have a hard time not leering at a woman in a pantsuit. I'm in a favor of women going topless it's just that I think it's groups of men that couldn't handle it, not the women.



MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 2:36:43 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,189
Location: United States
Magical_felix wrote:

And no I don't think it'll turn "normal" men into rapists... Just drunk assholes into grabbers. Also some dudes have a hard time not leering at a woman in a pantsuit. I'm in a favor of women going topless it's just that I think it's groups of men that couldn't handle it, not the women.


The way I see it, any guy that feels like it's proper to grope a topless lady is gonna grope a scantily-clad lady as well. And that guy belongs in jail, not being used as a poster child for feminine repression.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 3:04:43 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,524
Location: Your dirty fantasy
Where I live, it's legal for a woman to go topless. Nobody does it, outside of nude beaches or Gay Pride parades (where some people of both sexes even go bottomless in public). Legal or not, the reality is that breasts are not desexualized in our society... especially outside of beach/resort areas. Traffic accidents are caused by a hot girl in a short skirt walking by. A beautiful topless woman creates a lot more attention than that.

I agree with Felix that it's not about insinuating that a woman topless will turn a 'normal man' into a rapist... I think that's a rather unfair interpretation of what he said. Some men feel justified doing cat-calls and making sexual comments to women that are dressed sexy because they think that the woman is looking for the attention (and let's face it, sometimes she is). The sluttier a woman is dressed, the more of this kind of attention she will get because she's seen as being more sexually open. Being topless is just an extreme side of this spectrum.

I've gone topless on certain beaches, but I'm not about to go topless walking through the city just because "it's hot outside". And to be honest, I don't really think men need to go shirtless all the time either. Everything depends on location. If you're on a resort or in a laid-back beach town, then anything goes. But walking through a busy city to buy some milk at the corner store... I think everyone should put a shirt on. I just see it as more appropriate and classy.



MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 6:15:44 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,189
Location: United States
Dancing_Doll wrote:

I agree with Felix that it's not about insinuating that a woman topless will turn a 'normal man' into a rapist... I think that's a rather unfair interpretation of what he said. Some men feel justified doing cat-calls and making sexual comments to women that are dressed sexy because they think that the woman is looking for the attention (and let's face it, sometimes she is). The sluttier a woman is dressed, the more of this kind of attention she will get because she's seen as being more sexually open. Being topless is just an extreme side of this spectrum.


I wasn't insinuating that from felix's post - I was relating an actual conversation I had with Mrs Nudie (who also thinks that bare bewbs should be illegal). What he was saying was women who bare their breasts will get physically assaulted because of those bare breasts. Because men will "have a hard time controlling their grabby hands". I disagree. I think that even if laws were passed making bare bewbs legal, most women would only bare them in appropriate venues like beaches, and the type of man to get "grabby" would be that way if she had a bikini on, or nothing on.

Dancing_Doll wrote:

I've gone topless on certain beaches, but I'm not about to go topless walking through the city just because "it's hot outside". And to be honest, I don't really think men need to go shirtless all the time either. Everything depends on location. If you're on a resort or in a laid-back beach town, then anything goes. But walking through a busy city to buy some milk at the corner store... I think everyone should put a shirt on. I just see it as more appropriate and classy.


While personally, I tend to agree with you about there being a right place and time, I disagree with you in spirit. I believe in personal freedom, and if my actions don't harm anyone, who's to say what's moral and what's not? If I just spent the day at the nude beach, and I didn't feel like getting dressed (which is the way I usually feel after a day at the nude beach) I should be able to drive home butt-assed naked if I want to. And if I need to stop for gas, I should be able to do that butt-assed naked as well. The flip-side to personal freedom, of course, is personal responsibility. If I walk around naked at a gas station, and I accidentally get some gasoline splashed on my cock as I"m filling up my car, then guess what? I have nobody to blame but myself for the burn. I should have had some protective clothing on.

The amount of freedom we allow ourselves is directly related to the amount of responsibility we take for our actions. The way things look like they're going, since nobody seems to want to take responsibility for their own actions lately, we're probably going to have to give up our freedoms as well, and let Big Brother take care of us for the rest of our lives...
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 7:54:05 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,524
Location: Your dirty fantasy
MrNudiePants wrote:
[

I wasn't insinuating that from felix's post - I was relating an actual conversation I had with Mrs Nudie (who also thinks that bare bewbs should be illegal). What he was saying was women who bare their breasts will get physically assaulted because of those bare breasts. Because men will "have a hard time controlling their grabby hands". I disagree. I think that even if laws were passed making bare bewbs legal, most women would only bare them in appropriate venues like beaches, and the type of man to get "grabby" would be that way if she had a bikini on, or nothing on.


I have no issue with "bare bewbs" in venue-appropriate locations like beaches. But the article you posted was about women going topless on Lincoln Road, Miami... which is hardly considered a beach. It is a public place with restaurants, shops and art galleries... and in my mind, not a topless-appropriate venue. As it is now, South Beach already has some of the best topless beaches in the world. Women can already go topless on the beach in Miami. The issue I thought you were presenting is whether they should be allowed to go topless in public places.


MrNudiePants wrote:


While personally, I tend to agree with you about there being a right place and time, I disagree with you in spirit. I believe in personal freedom, and if my actions don't harm anyone, who's to say what's moral and what's not? If I just spent the day at the nude beach, and I didn't feel like getting dressed (which is the way I usually feel after a day at the nude beach) I should be able to drive home butt-assed naked if I want to. And if I need to stop for gas, I should be able to do that butt-assed naked as well. The flip-side to personal freedom, of course, is personal responsibility. If I walk around naked at a gas station, and I accidentally get some gasoline splashed on my cock as I"m filling up my car, then guess what? I have nobody to blame but myself for the burn. I should have had some protective clothing on.

The amount of freedom we allow ourselves is directly related to the amount of responsibility we take for our actions. The way things look like they're going, since nobody seems to want to take responsibility for their own actions lately, we're probably going to have to give up our freedoms as well, and let Big Brother take care of us for the rest of our lives...


Yes, I'm all for personal freedoms, but I also believe in the merits of a little bit of restraint and class. I mean technically I can be a person that weighs 300 pounds and wear a tube-top and a micro-mini in public, and technically I can belch or scratch myself in public. There are lots of things we have the legal rights to do, but choose not to because it's not appropriate. Usually it's for the sake of not subjecting other people to things they might find distasteful, rather than the whole "Big Brother" argument. Watching a random guy's cock swinging in the breeze while he pumps gas is not something that the average person would enjoy seeing. I know you're a nudist, and I totally respect that lifestyle in your own living space and/or on a nude beach or nudist community. I'm certainly no prude by any standard either. But I just think that until I live in a utopia where everyone looks like they walked out of a playboy or playgirl magazine, I would rather not be visually subjected to their genitalia while I go about my daily business. Just my opinion though. I don't see it as anything having to do with personal freedoms. We sacrifice personal freedoms every day we partake in a public lifestyle. It's just called social respect and decorum. happy8


Rembacher
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 8:15:57 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/16/2008
Posts: 1,107
Have to agree with Dancing Doll here. The last thing I want to see is some guy's hairy ass as I'm trying to eat my Big Mac. And defintitely not when I'm eating somewhere that I paid extra for the ambiance.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 8:20:34 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,189
Location: United States
You're not addressing the issue I had with felix's argument. He said women should not be allowed to go topless because men would get too "grabby" and I say if he's right, you may as well dress women up in burkhas and be done with it.


And good taste, or sense of decorum is not something we should be basing laws on. What's next? Are you going to ban ugly people from being seen in public? I don't care that I don't look like I just stepped off the pages of Playgirl Magazine. The only person that should have the right to tell me that I can't pump gas naked is the store management. Laws governing morality always suck because no two people have the same morals. I'd rather not have to be subjected to people that drive 20 under the speed limit in the fast lane, but we still let them drive. So one person's opinion is hardly reason enough to base case law on. How does it harm you if they allow women to go top-free in public? How does it harm anybody?
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 8:21:40 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,189
Location: United States
Jebru wrote:
Have to agree with Dancing Doll here. The last thing I want to see is some guy's hairy ass as I'm trying to eat my Big Mac. And defintitely not when I'm eating somewhere that I paid extra for the ambiance.


But we're not talking about hairy asses. We're talking about bewbs... boobieflash2
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 8:26:48 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,524
Location: Your dirty fantasy
MrNudiePants wrote:
Jebru wrote:
Have to agree with Dancing Doll here. The last thing I want to see is some guy's hairy ass as I'm trying to eat my Big Mac. And defintitely not when I'm eating somewhere that I paid extra for the ambiance.


But we're not talking about hairy asses. We're talking about bewbs... boobieflash2


This statement just proves that breasts are not desexualized in our society.

There is no question that men will be applauding women baring their breasts as much as possible. But it has nothing to do with feminism or the right to be equal to men. And I think that is the point as to why a law like this goes against what it was originally intended for.

Rembacher
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 8:28:35 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/16/2008
Posts: 1,107
MrNudiePants wrote:
Jebru wrote:
Have to agree with Dancing Doll here. The last thing I want to see is some guy's hairy ass as I'm trying to eat my Big Mac. And defintitely not when I'm eating somewhere that I paid extra for the ambiance.


But we're not talking about hairy asses. We're talking about bewbs... boobieflash2


You mentioned pumping gas nude. Maybe you don't have a hairy ass, but the next guy to pump his gas, or stop at McDonald's might. That's the issue. And if you think sitting on the bench in a changeroom when someone comes in front of you and stops to talk with his cock inches from your face is awkward, imagine the same thing, but at your favourite restaurant, while you are eating.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 8:39:00 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,189
Location: United States
Jebru wrote:
MrNudiePants wrote:
Jebru wrote:
Have to agree with Dancing Doll here. The last thing I want to see is some guy's hairy ass as I'm trying to eat my Big Mac. And defintitely not when I'm eating somewhere that I paid extra for the ambiance.


But we're not talking about hairy asses. We're talking about bewbs... boobieflash2


You mentioned pumping gas nude. Maybe you don't have a hairy ass, but the next guy to pump his gas, or stop at McDonald's might. That's the issue. And if you think sitting on the bench in a changeroom when someone comes in front of you and stops to talk with his cock inches from your face is awkward, imagine the same thing, but at your favourite restaurant, while you are eating.


Don't confuse the real issue boobieflash2 with what the world would be like if I were King.

I only mentioned that as an example of what MY world would be like. Simple nudity would not be illegal. There would be places where it would be inappropriate (Burger King, et al.) and the management of such places would have "No Shoes, No Shirt, No Pants, No Service" type rules. (LOL) But that's not what this issue is.

This issue is: If it's legal for men to walk around topless (whether in good taste or not) should it be legal for women to do the same (in good taste or not)?
MrNudiePants
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 8:42:17 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,189
Location: United States
Dancing_Doll wrote:
MrNudiePants wrote:
Jebru wrote:
Have to agree with Dancing Doll here. The last thing I want to see is some guy's hairy ass as I'm trying to eat my Big Mac. And defintitely not when I'm eating somewhere that I paid extra for the ambiance.


But we're not talking about hairy asses. We're talking about bewbs... boobieflash2


This statement just proves that breasts are not desexualized in our society.

There is no question that men will be applauding women baring their breasts as much as possible. But it has nothing to do with feminism or the right to be equal to men. And I think that is the point as to why a law like this goes against what it was originally intended for.


I think that this law while a good starting point, is a tempest in a teapot. As you pointed out, there are plenty of places where a topless woman will be as out of place as a wet fart in church. Women won't go topless in those places, because they won't WANT to be the brunt of so much unwanted attention. I still don't see how sight of a topless woman would hurt anybody...
LadyX
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 8:43:34 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart
Moderator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,813
From what I can see- and I could be wrong:

Nudes is arguing that being topless shouldn't be illegal in public. I agree with that.
D_D is arguing that being topless in public is bad idea in all but a few places. I agree with that.

Those are two different things, are they not?

As far as being bottomless goes, which would mean completely nude, I would think that there might be some sanitary issues with everyone going into restaurants naked. Other than it being inappropriate, thats the only think I can think of that's really wrong with it. Of course that will never happen, we're too uptight as a society for that.

I believe in freedom, as much as we can get. I also believe that whats appropriate and what should be legal are very separate. You shouldn't try to make laws around the way you wish everyone would live.

Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 8:54:06 PM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 5,156
Location: California
MrNudiePants wrote:
You're not addressing the issue I had with felix's argument. He said women should not be allowed to go topless because men would get too "grabby" and I say if he's right, you may as well dress women up in burkhas and be done with it.



I never said they shouldn't go topless I just posted a con to the topic that was brought up. Of course I think beaches would be more fun if women were topless because I see breasts as being sexual.

I think I was a little vague in my first post. I think that a woman that is walking around downtown topless might have a higher chance of being followed, verbaly harrassed (by men or women), groped or any other shit women have to deal with than a woman who is fully clothed. I think because a small percentage of men are total assholes this idea of women walking around topless probably wouldn't work. I liken it to the same reason we all have locks on our doors. Most of us wouldn't break into a house and we should be able to have the freedom of living in a world where we shouldn't have to lock our doors and blah blah blah but the truth is that some people want to steal your shit so you lock your door just in case. Leaving it unlocked doesn't turn good people into theives, it just makes it easier for the theives to get into your house.



Magical_felix
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 8:58:45 PM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 5,156
Location: California
Jebru wrote:
Have to agree with Dancing Doll here. The last thing I want to see is some guy's hairy ass as I'm trying to eat my Big Mac. And defintitely not when I'm eating somewhere that I paid extra for the ambiance.


Also when's the last time you walked into Mcdonalds and you said "damn, these people here are so beautiful, I wish they were all naked..."

I mean let's get real now.



Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 9:02:08 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,524
Location: Your dirty fantasy
MrNudiePants wrote:
You're not addressing the issue I had with felix's argument. He said women should not be allowed to go topless because men would get too "grabby" and I say if he's right, you may as well dress women up in burkhas and be done with it.


Here we go with taking it to the extremes. So it's either nudity or burkhas? Are you saying that women are not judged or treated differently based on what they wear? Does a girl wearing a slutty outfit get different treatment in society than a woman in a business suit? To say that men treat both the same is a bit naive in my opinion.

MrNudiePants wrote:

And good taste, or sense of decorum is not something we should be basing laws on. What's next? Are you going to ban ugly people from being seen in public? I don't care that I don't look like I just stepped off the pages of Playgirl Magazine. The only person that should have the right to tell me that I can't pump gas naked is the store management. Laws governing morality always suck because no two people have the same morals. I'd rather not have to be subjected to people that drive 20 under the speed limit in the fast lane, but we still let them drive. So one person's opinion is hardly reason enough to base case law on. How does it harm you if they allow women to go top-free in public? How does it harm anybody?


I don't think nudity has anything to do with morality. I don't judge someone's morality based on their nudist preferences. It's just about creating social laws or manners for the benefit of the what the majority would find offensive and for health regulations. This is why we have invented clothing, designated public bathrooms, and norms around bodily functions.

It doesn't "harm me" if a woman goes topless. Quite honestly, it would not have me up in arms. Having a guy pumping gas with his dick hanging out, or strutting the promenade while I'm having dinner on a patio would be distasteful to me. But if a girl feels the need to walk around topless (or a guy for that matter), then more power to them if they feel the desire to do it. People will just make a judgement call about them or have an impression of what they're about... but we do that about people all the time anyway. They should just be prepared to handle it. I just think that it creates more issues than it's worth in my opinion. Which is why I wear a top. icon_smile

Guest
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 9:11:04 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 652,617
i just think there would be a heck of a lot more car accidents!
rrickarr
Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 11:15:10 PM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 4/6/2009
Posts: 10
Topless for women is great. Here in Europe women go topless and no one even looks! It is considered
quite natural, and it is. I hope the USA will catch up...the human body is a great creation.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:11:11 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 652,617
I went topless in Greece a few years ago - it was a beach where this was accepted. No problem with showing off my tits but ... I got my nipples sunburnt ! OWW ! never again....
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:32:48 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,189
Location: United States
Dancing_Doll wrote:
MrNudiePants wrote:
You're not addressing the issue I had with felix's argument. He said women should not be allowed to go topless because men would get too "grabby" and I say if he's right, you may as well dress women up in burkhas and be done with it.


Here we go with taking it to the extremes. So it's either nudity or burkhas? Are you saying that women are not judged or treated differently based on what they wear? Does a girl wearing a slutty outfit get different treatment in society than a woman in a business suit? To say that men treat both the same is a bit naive in my opinion.


But saying that women should not be able to dress however they want for fear of being assaulted is like saying "She deserved to get raped! Look at how she was dressed!" I never said that a girl wearing a "slutty outfit" would get treated the same as a girl wearing a business suit. What I DID say is that they should be able to dress however they want.


Dancing_Doll wrote:
MrNudiePants wrote:

And good taste, or sense of decorum is not something we should be basing laws on. What's next? Are you going to ban ugly people from being seen in public? I don't care that I don't look like I just stepped off the pages of Playgirl Magazine. The only person that should have the right to tell me that I can't pump gas naked is the store management. Laws governing morality always suck because no two people have the same morals. I'd rather not have to be subjected to people that drive 20 under the speed limit in the fast lane, but we still let them drive. So one person's opinion is hardly reason enough to base case law on. How does it harm you if they allow women to go top-free in public? How does it harm anybody?


I don't think nudity has anything to do with morality. I don't judge someone's morality based on their nudist preferences. It's just about creating social laws or manners for the benefit of the what the majority would find offensive and for health regulations. This is why we have invented clothing, designated public bathrooms, and norms around bodily functions.

It doesn't "harm me" if a woman goes topless. Quite honestly, it would not have me up in arms. Having a guy pumping gas with his dick hanging out, or strutting the promenade while I'm having dinner on a patio would be distasteful to me. But if a girl feels the need to walk around topless (or a guy for that matter), then more power to them if they feel the desire to do it. People will just make a judgement call about them or have an impression of what they're about... but we do that about people all the time anyway. They should just be prepared to handle it. I just think that it creates more issues than it's worth in my opinion. Which is why I wear a top. icon_smile


I'm okay with that. There are enough health and sanitation laws that I don't think you would see too many dicks or asses hanging out in restaurants. And I'm okay with the idea that any girl that wants to walk down the promenade topless would have to put up with whatever catcalls she would hear. I just think it should be her choice, not some ninety-year-old stuffed shirt up in some government building.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:34:00 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/10/2009
Posts: 2,189
Location: United States
Katy1970 wrote:
I went topless in Greece a few years ago - it was a beach where this was accepted. No problem with showing off my tits but ... I got my nipples sunburnt ! OWW ! never again....


Ouch! I feel your pain, Katy. I still remember the time I got my ass burned snorkeling nude off the Florida Keys...
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 10:47:00 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,426
Location: Cakeland, United States
I really wouldn't care to visualize either one of these fellows,
in their manner of dress (or undress) sauntering through 97%
of the locations I might ever visit - in a public venue.



For the nudists...I do have a question.

How are the toilet facilities shared/not shared, equipped at the nudist beaches and other venues?

Unisex? Privacy stall/curtains, coed showers?

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.