Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

How do you feel about the Top-Free Equal Rights movement? Options · View
MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:23:48 AM

One of these is legal, one is not.

To answer your question about restroom facilities, WMM, the restroom facilities at the nude venues I've been to are exactly the same as the restroom facilities anywhere else. Stalls, urinals, sinks, and make sure you wear shoes. At Haulover Beach, where they would have normally had Port-a-Potties, they had... Port-a-potties. Up near the road, they had segregated restroom facilities that had been vandalized to the same extent as is normal for Miami Beach. the pre-beach showers were the same as any other pre-beach showers anywhere else in the world.

Here's something most textiles don't understand. If you want to get a good understanding of what it's like at a nude beach, just close your eyes, and imagine the very last beach you went to. Now, picture everyone naked, instead of being clothed. It's all exactly the same. People go around, minding their own business, or chatting with friends, or playing volleyball, or playing in the water - honestly, there's no difference except for a couple scraps of Nylon or Rayon.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:25:35 AM

MrNudiePants wrote:
[

But saying that women should not be able to dress however they want for fear of being assaulted is like saying "She deserved to get raped! Look at how she was dressed!" I never said that a girl wearing a "slutty outfit" would get treated the same as a girl wearing a business suit. What I DID say is that they should be able to dress however they want.

Yes, and I "should" be able to drive a mercedes, bling'ed out lots of diamonds and gold jewelry into a shady part of town, and hang out there at whatever hour of the night I choose to. Does it mean I'm "asking to get robbed" and that I deserve it based on the wealth I was displaying? Shouldn't I have that right? Yeah, sure. But we learn how to dress according to our environments to minimize our risks. When traveling abroad in certain high-risk countries, you leave the jewelry at home, and learn to blend. We all should be able to wear what we want and not get harassed, raped, robbed or judged. But that's not our reality. Not that anyone should be to blame because of precautions they failed to take... but smart people will choose to take precautions none-the-less in certain environments or situations.

MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:34:31 AM

Dancing_Doll wrote:

Yes, and I "should" be able to drive a mercedes, bling'ed out lots of diamonds and gold jewelry into a shady part of town, and hang out there at whatever hour of the night I choose to. Does it mean I'm "asking to get robbed" and that I deserve it based on the wealth I was displaying? Shouldn't I have that right? Yeah, sure. But we learn how to dress according to our environments to minimize our risks. When traveling abroad in certain high-risk countries, you leave the jewelry at home, and learn to blend. We all should be able to wear what we want and not get harassed, raped, robbed or judged. But that's not our reality. Not that anyone should be to blame because of precautions they failed to take... but smart people will choose to take precautions none-the-less in certain environments or situations.

All of which goes back to the post I made last night about this whole thing being a tempest in a teapot. The only women that would take advantage of this new right would be those doing so in an area where they feel safe, or where they want to project that image of themselves. Women won't be walking around topless in "shady areas" at "whatever hour of the night" unless they have reason for being there. If they're smart, they WILL choose the environment they go topless in carefully. Or they may just stop off at a store for a gallon of milk on the way home. All I'm saying is that it should be their choice, not a government mandate.
Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 12:07:02 PM

MrNudiePants wrote:
If they're smart, they WILL choose the environment they go topless in carefully. Or they may just stop off at a store for a gallon of milk on the way home. All I'm saying is that it should be their choice, not a government mandate.

But most people aren't smart... That's why we have laws, rules and government mandates in the first place.

MrNudiePants
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 12:21:35 PM

Magical_felix wrote:
MrNudiePants wrote:
If they're smart, they WILL choose the environment they go topless in carefully. Or they may just stop off at a store for a gallon of milk on the way home. All I'm saying is that it should be their choice, not a government mandate.

But most people aren't smart... That's why we have laws, rules and government mandates in the first place.

Sometimes, being stupid SHOULD hurt. It teaches you not to be stupid the next time.
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 12:34:56 PM

Topless or not, well again, it does not appear to me to be an issue of equal rights. Topless at the beach or pool is not an issue. But we woman, if we are going to have the right to be topless in appropriate areas, we better be prepared to accept gawking and out of line comments from guys. At least until the newness of the idea is no longer the exception. You know how North American guys love breasts.

We all have definition of breast beauty and would enjoy such a display at the beach or other appropriate place. Who could be offended if the beautiful Dancing Doll or the lovely Lady X were near you at the beach topless. But we all know there are men with almost female sized breasts and woman who's breasts are not in the condition they once were, that keeping the top portion of their body covered may be best. But not mandatory. There is such a thing as good taste and class.

I am for equal right as anyone, in the workplace, or at the cleaners, the clothing store and I am about as liberated sexually as possible. But I would not be comfortable, even if her breasts are in great shape, to sit across from a bare breasted woman in the board room.

It is said you should have the right to dress as you want and where you want, my Libertarian nature agrees with it conceptually. But when we dress in a slutty manner we want to attract attention and be treated in the manner we are dressed. I have dressed to attract the attention of the slut and will certainly do it again, like maybe Saturday Night. Dressing in this manner is not appropriate in every location.

Pushing the envelope too hard, may create more restriction rather than less.

As a young woman a friend told me to dress as a Slut if I wished, but dress as a classy Slut.

Class and good taste is never out of style.
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:21:35 PM

On a strictly personal level, I'm all in favor of tits, whether they are bared or scantily clad. I lean toward scantily - which explains my fetish with topless-strip clubs, ocean-side and gulf coast beaches and party coves at The Lake.

http://www.nerve.com/scanner/2010/08/22/national-topless-day-burns-austin-other-cities-alive

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski