Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

'For the benefit of Mankind' we do this to animals? Options · View
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 1:30:24 PM

You have to admit...we humans are often some pretty deranged animals.

I know that there are hundreds of more pressing issues which need and demand our brain cycles, for the betterment of our species...but This is beyond fucked up!

http://www.stopanimaltests.com/Getactive.asp

Do we really need to keep doing this to our fellow species on this planet - purposefully? It's bad enough that we're eating up all their livable habitat with our own growth and expansions, let alone our befouling of their environments with our wastes and accidental chemical and oil discharges, but to then intentionallysubject their own living flesh to fucktarded torture like this? And for what purpose?

Of course, if you nail someone who is on cocaine, meth or another amphetamine - bad things could happen. I mean, don't we already know the risks of this?

Out of sight, out of mind is better perhaps?

Where do you stand?

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
Magical_felix
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 12:31:17 PM

Necessary evil I think. Most things are tested on animals aren't they? I know drugs, shampoos, cosmetics and things like that are anyway. Can't really use humans as test subjects can we? I think that would be a worse crime.

Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:33:46 PM

I think they should use humans. I can think of a few that should be volunteered.

They're using pig and cow hearts in humans now as well. Lab rats and mice have been used for the benefit of medicine for years.
Jillicious
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:35:45 PM

That is a horrible way to cook leg of lamb!

And no, they shouldn't be doing it.

Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Magical_felix
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 1:46:51 PM

I guess they figure that if the tazer can't drop a methhead lamb what chance does it have with a human tweeker. If I were a cop I'd want to be sure the damn thing works and I'd say a prayer for the lamb later...

MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:47:48 PM

Magical_felix wrote:
I guess they figure that if the tazer can't drop a methhead lamb what chance does it have with a human tweeker. If I were a cop I'd want to be sure the damn thing works and I'd say a prayer for the lamb later...

That's not the issue, felix. There have been dozens (if not hundreds) of taser-related deaths. Autopsies usually discover that the person being tased was under the influence of meth or coke. Since Tasers were advertised as "non-lethal" when they first came out, the deaths came as a real shock to the law enforcement community at large. Now, the label is "less-lethal". Without having read this story, I'm guessing that they're trying to find out exactly HOW high a tweeker has to be before he's going to get shocked to death. They can use this information to set up parameters where it may be too dangerous to the suspect to tase him. What they would do in that case is anybody's guess. Beat the crap out of him, I suppose. The only other "non-lethal" means of subduing someone is pepper spray them, and not only is that not always effective, there are always chances that the wrong person will get hit by the overspray.

All in all, the perfect non-lethal means of subduing a violent perp hasn't been invented yet. If shocking a few tweeked-out sheep can help cops stay safe, and perps stay alive, than I'm for it.
Playmale
Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2010 6:23:14 PM

Magical_felix wrote:
Can't really use humans as test subjects can we?

Sure can, and they do it all the time, every time they use one.

NOTICE: The following comment may contain sarcasm.
How could they casue death? The manufacturer states that they are safe. What more testing could we possibly need?

Lest we forget...Steve!
Posted: Friday, September 03, 2010 2:56:33 AM

This post is probably going to prove what a square I am when it comes to drugs, but seriously, if you're that fucked up that you're attacking someone or whatever reason there is for you being tasered...I reckon you kinda deserve it.
This shit wouldn't even happen if Dirty Harry was a real cop...LMAO.
But yes, animal testers should be shot, or you know, meth-ed up then tasered.

XX
BB
LadyX
Posted: Friday, September 03, 2010 3:18:49 PM

I don't know that they think it's wrong- we are at the top, if we can't test animals what can we do? If you take PCP I think it makes you stronger than meth, or other drugs too. Tasering? That can kill, so why do it on animals? We already know that it can kill people.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Friday, September 03, 2010 5:11:13 PM

I would think that tasering experiments would need to be done on humans to be honest. At this point, there is already a wealth of data on how human beings react to be being tasered from real-world situations.

The whole point of this experiment would be to see the effects of tasering on a subject exposed to meth.

The problem is (and someone correct me if I'm wrong here)... doesn't weight and musculature have something to do with the effects of the electrical currents?

I have no idea how a sheep on meth is supposed to approximate how a human would react to meth. And even more so how tasering a sheep would be similar to tasering a human being. We are not even vaguely close in terms of similarity in species. Even in the medical experiment world, sheep are not an animal commonly used, so I'm not sure why it was chosen for this experiment. Pigs are preferable because of internal structure similarity, but that fact isn't suggesting I think they should start conducting this experiment on pigs either.

Then again GM was still using animals for crash-testing up until 1993... confused1

Quote:

A description by Mary Roach of the Eighth Stapp Car Crash and Field Demonstration Conference shows the direction in which research had begun to move. "We saw chimpanzees riding rocket sleds, a bear on an impact swing...We observed a pig, anesthetized and placed in a sitting position on the swing in the harness, crashed into a deep-dish steering wheel at about 10 mph."

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Crash_test_dummy

LadySharon
Posted: Friday, September 03, 2010 7:17:25 PM

Just plain wrong to do that to animals!

The Roommates Trilogy:
Roommates with Benefits
Roommates with Benefits: Snowed In
Roommates with Benefits: The Working Vacation is now available for your reading pleasure

Latest poem, Longing, is out now!

College Sex:

New story now available!
Butterfly
Posted: Saturday, September 04, 2010 1:10:27 PM

Disturbing man, just plain disturbing. There are so many horrible things that are done to animals these days in the guise of 'we're doing it to find things out for the betterment of mankind and to save our own asses' pfft.

Too many quotable quotes I could put up here for this kind of thing, George Bernard Shaw has stated many. I'm an animal lover. And so, I think it's wrong, wrong, wrong. Wouldn't they freak out if one of those there sheep took over the controls haha! 'Animal Farm' comes to mind somewhat here...great classic.