Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The Worst Person in America Options · View
DamonX
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:47:08 PM

Here is my vote for the worst person in America. Fred Phelps. Founder and minister of the Westboro baptist church.

He and his followers picket on average 6 different sites a day, preaching against...well pretty much everything..in the name of his almighty lord god.

Here are a few examples of the "causes" he pickets for:

1. Protests the funerals of gay murder victims, of which Matthew Shepherd was the most publicized.

2. Protested the memorial of the 2006 Sago Mine disaster, claiming that it was god's valid revenge against America

3. Protests the funerals of homosexual soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

4. Protested the funeral of Michael Jackson and even recorded a song called "God Hates the World" in the tune of Jackson's 1980's "We are the World."

5. Protested at the US Holocaust museum, claiming that "God Hates Jews."

6. Called Barak Obama the "Antichrist."

7. Protested the funerals of the victims of 9/11, claiming that "God caused 9/11 to punish them for their sinful behaviour.

8. Founded the website "godhatessweden.com" condemning Sweden, one of the most tolerant societies, on Earth for "promoting homosexuality."

9. Protested the funeral of Heath Ledger for portraying a gay man in "Brokeback Mountain."

Here are a few quotes from mister Phelps:

"God hates America, and those calamities last Tuesday [September 11, 2001] are none other than the wrath of God, smiting fag America..."

"How many do you suppose of those hundred (sic) and thirty soldiers died (sic) in the Pentagon last Tuesday were fags and dykes? And how many do you suppose were working in that massively composed building structure called those two World Trade Center buildings, Twin Towers? There were five thousand or ten thousand killed and, counting all those passengers in those airplanes, it's very likely that every last single one of them was a fag or dyke or a fag enabler, and that the minute he died, he split hell wide open, and the way to analyze the situation is that the Lord God Almighty, pursuant to His threatenings and warnings, killed him, looked him in the face, laughed and mocked at each one of them as He cast each one of them into Hell!"

"Thank God for the tsunami, and thank God that two thousand dead Swedes are fertilizing the ground over there [in Asia]. How many of these two thousand, do you suppose, were fags and dykes? This is how the Lord deals with His enemies. And the Lord has got some enemies. And Sweden heads the list. You filthy Swedes. You filthy Swedes!"

"God hates Australia, land of the sodomite damned! The fag-infested land of Australia is burning. The fire of God's wrath is sending hundreds of those filthy Australian beasts straight to hell! We at Westboro Baptist Church are rejoicing, and we are praying that the dear Lord would burn many more Australians alive!"

And my personal favorite...

"Canada is a filthy country run by fags, which has Draconian laws making it a crime to preach the Gospel there. All of these cowardly kissy-poo preachers who telecast their milk-toast sermons into Canada have to edit out every single word critical of fags -- snip, snip, snip -- or the fag officials of Canada will arrest and criminally prosecute the Canadian affiliates, and shut down their stations! There's no freedom of speech in Canada. There's no freedom of religion in Canada. It is against the law to read the Bible in Canada."

This would all be quite humorous...if not for the fact that this guy actually got 30% of the vote during the Kansas Democratic primary in 1992...

If anyone else has any others to propose, go ahead...but this guy gets my vote as the WORST PERSON IN AMERICA.

sprite
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:01:19 PM

Damn you! I saw the title of this thread and guess who came to mind first? Yes, you stole my nominee AND you're Canadian, so i can't even nominate you in his stead! Curse you, DamonX! *shakes fist in anger at your avatar and stomps out of the room*

Live, love, laugh.
MrNudiePants
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:10:14 PM

I'm sure there have been people more despicable, more downright evil than Phelps and his clan... I can't think of any offhand, though. Thing you have to remember about Phelps is that this whole charade is a money-making scheme -- always has been. They incite people purposely to act against them, to attack them violently. And then they sue. With half the family being attorneys, the lawsuits cost them nothing, and earn them boatloads of cash. If you hate the Westboro bunch, support the Patriot Guard riders.
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 9:56:40 PM

Sounds like someone has some issues with repressed homosexual desires:

Department of Psychology, University of Georgia, Athens 30602-3013, USA.
Abstract
The authors investigated the role of homosexual arousal in exclusively heterosexual men who admitted negative affect toward homosexual individuals. Participants consisted of a group of homophobic men (n = 35) and a group of nonhomophobic men (n = 29); they were assigned to groups on the basis of their scores on the Index of Homophobia (W. W. Hudson & W. A. Ricketts, 1980). The men were exposed to sexually explicit erotic stimuli consisting of heterosexual, male homosexual, and lesbian videotapes, and changes in penile circumference were monitored. They also completed an Aggression Questionnaire (A. H. Buss & M. Perry, 1992). Both groups exhibited increases in penile circumference to the heterosexual and female homosexual videos. Only the homophobic men showed an increase in penile erection to male homosexual stimuli. The groups did not differ in aggression. Homophobia is apparently associated with homosexual arousal that the homophobic individual is either unaware of or denies.

Mr. Phelps and Pat Robertson should get together and just do it already.
Butterfly
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 11:43:42 PM

LOL eiotis!! I was thinking along the same lines...what is up with all the gay hatred! There are worse things going on in the world to choose as a stance...

Much less, is it just me or does he somewhat resemble that freaky evil old man from Poltergeist II, maybe with a little less hair??:

aussiescribbler
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:38:05 AM

"The face of evil is always the face of total need."
— William S. Burroughs

People like Phelps are so deeply wounded they don't know how to not attack others. He does these things because he secretly suspects he is a monster, yet who will convince him otherwise when his behaviour is so monstrous? It's a sad situation all around. When it comes to the homosexuality we have to remember that, hard as it may sometimes by to accept one's sexuality when it runs contrary to social expectations, to accept homosexual feelings when you believe they will condemn you to burn in Hell for eternity must be virtually impossible. And he probably didn't chose that belief but had it imposed on him when he was a defenseless child. Abusive as he is, he is also the victim here.

Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 9:03:01 AM

mmmm, I think my choice would have to be Michael Moore and I'm not alone in this. In the book 101 People Who Are Really Screwing America (link to the amazon page), they list him as the number one person screwing up america. The rest of the people are dignified with an explaination as to why they are included. But for Micheal Moore they had his picture and a quote from him. That's it. I've seen some of his "documentaries" and have nearly laughed myself silly as they are just ludicrous.

WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 9:03:21 AM

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 12:46:18 PM

Well, with Michael Moore, yes, he is out to make a buck as well, but in the process, there have been many truths that have come out. I do believe he is the other side of the extreme when it comes to liberal ideologies, but are you really screwing up america by making people question the status quo? Or just have questions. The only way I can see him screwing up America is only due to the fact that most Americans will take the bait depending on what they want to eat.

As for Cheney, I always succumb to my most primal thinking and that would be f--- you cheney, you, dick.
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:02:19 PM

DamonX wrote:
Here is my vote for the worst person in America. Fred Phelps. Founder and minister of the Westboro baptist church.

He and his followers picket on average 6 different sites a day, preaching against...well pretty much everything..in the name of his almighty lord god.

Here are a few examples of the "causes" he pickets for:

1. Protests the funerals of gay murder victims, of which Matthew Shepherd was the most publicized.

2. Protested the memorial of the 2006 Sago Mine disaster, claiming that it was god's valid revenge against America

3. Protests the funerals of homosexual soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.

4. Protested the funeral of Michael Jackson and even recorded a song called "God Hates the World" in the tune of Jackson's 1980's "We are the World."

5. Protested at the US Holocaust museum, claiming that "God Hates Jews."

6. Called Barak Obama the "Antichrist."

7. Protested the funerals of the victims of 9/11, claiming that "God caused 9/11 to punish them for their sinful behaviour.

8. Founded the website "godhatessweden.com" condemning Sweden, one of the most tolerant societies, on Earth for "promoting homosexuality."

9. Protested the funeral of Heath Ledger for portraying a gay man in "Brokeback Mountain."

Here are a few quotes from mister Phelps:

"God hates America, and those calamities last Tuesday [September 11, 2001] are none other than the wrath of God, smiting fag America..."

"How many do you suppose of those hundred (sic) and thirty soldiers died (sic) in the Pentagon last Tuesday were fags and dykes? And how many do you suppose were working in that massively composed building structure called those two World Trade Center buildings, Twin Towers? There were five thousand or ten thousand killed and, counting all those passengers in those airplanes, it's very likely that every last single one of them was a fag or dyke or a fag enabler, and that the minute he died, he split hell wide open, and the way to analyze the situation is that the Lord God Almighty, pursuant to His threatenings and warnings, killed him, looked him in the face, laughed and mocked at each one of them as He cast each one of them into Hell!"

"Thank God for the tsunami, and thank God that two thousand dead Swedes are fertilizing the ground over there [in Asia]. How many of these two thousand, do you suppose, were fags and dykes? This is how the Lord deals with His enemies. And the Lord has got some enemies. And Sweden heads the list. You filthy Swedes. You filthy Swedes!"

"God hates Australia, land of the sodomite damned! The fag-infested land of Australia is burning. The fire of God's wrath is sending hundreds of those filthy Australian beasts straight to hell! We at Westboro Baptist Church are rejoicing, and we are praying that the dear Lord would burn many more Australians alive!"

And my personal favorite...

"Canada is a filthy country run by fags, which has Draconian laws making it a crime to preach the Gospel there. All of these cowardly kissy-poo preachers who telecast their milk-toast sermons into Canada have to edit out every single word critical of fags -- snip, snip, snip -- or the fag officials of Canada will arrest and criminally prosecute the Canadian affiliates, and shut down their stations! There's no freedom of speech in Canada. There's no freedom of religion in Canada. It is against the law to read the Bible in Canada."

This would all be quite humorous...if not for the fact that this guy actually got 30% of the vote during the Kansas Democratic primary in 1992...

If anyone else has any others to propose, go ahead...but this guy gets my vote as the WORST PERSON IN AMERICA.

just ugh. but damon...whos the worst person in Canada? ;-)
Jacknife
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 8:31:14 PM

AngelicAdmirer wrote:
mmmm, I think my choice would have to be Michael Moore and I'm not alone in this. In the book 101 People Who Are Really Screwing America (link to the amazon page), they list him as the number one person screwing up america. The rest of the people are dignified with an explaination as to why they are included. But for Micheal Moore they had his picture and a quote from him. That's it. I've seen some of his "documentaries" and have nearly laughed myself silly as they are just ludicrous.

Oh swing and a Miss! Lol the link to the book you have has Dick Cheny and GW Bush as there top 2 not Micheal Moore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101_People_Who_Are_Really_Screwing_America

If you are talking about the book by Bernard Goldberg. Lol, your source of arguement is a book by Bernard Goldberg. Sorry while I pick myself up off the floor!

aussiescribbler
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 9:16:51 PM

Quote:

Michael Moore is a film-maker of questionable integrity and taste, but to blame him for "screwing America" is laughable. All he is is a man exercising his right to free speech. He may get people thinking about things and asking questions, but I don't believe anyone has unquestioning faith in his every word. If people in America are moving away from the kinds of beliefs that you have it is because they have lost faith in those beliefs, probably because of the failings of those who represent those beliefs and put them into practise. Moore is not the only critic of the political right. Noam Chomsky and Errol Morris are far harder to dismiss, but reach a smaller audience. To blame Michael Moore for "screwing America" is simply to shoot the messenger. (Which is not to say he doesn't deserve to be shot for his dress sense.)
LadyX
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 10:20:52 PM

AngelicAdmirer wrote:

LOL

Oh, you're serious?

LOL

Haven't looked into this book you mention, but I can imagine what it might be like if they have Michael Moore included. Even if I disagreed with everything the guy said, I'd have a hard time making an argument that he's the worst guy in the whole country. But, maybe filmmaking is really evil and disgusting to some people. dontknow
WellMadeMale
Posted: Sunday, September 19, 2010 11:59:49 PM

AngelicAdmirer wrote:

This guy is one of my effing heroes of the last 20 years. He's not making documentaries, AA...he's making mocumentaries, calling the worst motherfuckers out and on the carpet. He shines the light on the cockroaches of our society.

Maybe that's why you were laughing. I usually do, watching MM's stuff, and I cry and then I want to revolt and rage against the machine.

And yeah, he's making a little coin in the process. But not as much as Dick Cheney made for himself and his buddies at Haliburton over the last ten years.

Michael Moore, screwing America? lol - that is funny.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
DamonX
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 7:54:07 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
AngelicAdmirer wrote:

This guy is one of my effing heroes of the last 20 years. He's not making documentaries, AA...he's making mocumentaries, calling the worst motherfuckers out and on the carpet. He shines the light on the cockroaches of our society.

Maybe that's why you were laughing. I usually do, watching MM's stuff, and I cry and then I want to revolt and rage against the machine.

And yeah, he's making a little coin in the process. But not as much as Dick Cheney made for himself and his buddies at Haliburton over the last ten years.

Michael Moore, screwing America? lol - that is funny.

Are you kidding WMM? This guy obviously HATES FREEDOM. happy8
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 8:44:48 PM

Hates freedom? Or mocking those who purport to be defenders of freedom? On both accounts, laughable, and sad.
aussiescribbler
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 9:13:02 PM

Those who hate freedom submit to the will of others. Does Michael Moore do that?
DamonX
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 9:15:45 PM

eiotis123 wrote:
Hates freedom? Or mocking those who purport to be defenders of freedom? On both accounts, laughable, and sad.

Sarcasm: A verbal tone in which it is obvious from context that the speaker means the opposite of what he or she says.

Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:17:38 AM

Posted: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:38:38 PM

Jacknife wrote:
AngelicAdmirer wrote:

Oh swing and a Miss! Lol the link to the book you have has Dick Cheny and GW Bush as there top 2 not Micheal Moore.

http://://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/101_People_Who_Are_Really_Screwing_America

If you are talking about the book by Bernard Goldberg. Lol, your source of arguement is a book by Bernard Goldberg. Sorry while I pick myself up off the floor!

100 People Who are Screwing Up America, and 110 People Who are Screwing up America are by Bernard Goldberg, 101 People who are Really Screwing America is a response by Jack Huberman. Goldberg's worst people were people like Courtney Love and Michael Moore who have no real influence over how things go in America. He avoided mentioning any of the people who were robbing the country blind, profiting from war and presiding over the largest upward mobility of wealth in history. At the time Goldberg wrote his book people like Ken Lay and Dick Cheney were conspiring to control and raise energy prices. The country was being set up for the largest financial scam in it's history by Wall Street and big banks, and a CIA operative was being outed by Libby and Cheney and Rove for purely political reasons. Bernard Goldberg is a self aggrandizing asshole.
Posted: Thursday, September 23, 2010 11:51:43 AM

eiotis123 wrote:
Well, with Michael Moore, yes, he is out to make a buck as well, but in the process, there have been many truths that have come out. I do believe he is the other side of the extreme when it comes to liberal ideologies, but are you really screwing up america by making people question the status quo? Or just have questions. The only way I can see him screwing up America is only due to the fact that most Americans will take the bait depending on what they want to eat.

I'll admit he's brought out some good truths and ideas, but they are far and few interspersed with a lot of hyperbole that drowns out the good.

Note: And sorry guys I didn't know there was another book with the same tittle by different people. I only saw the book at the bookstore looked through it. Please accept my appologies.