last reply
18 replies
3.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Greetings,

What kind of stories are more of a turn on... More sexual or more emotional stories with lots of tension before sex?

"Writing M/M turns me on..."

Lurker
0 likes
You can go about with only one or the other, but how you explain the actions and details, as well as the flow of the words and imagery used is what makes or breaks a good story. I think giving the characters personality makes for a much better story than just, "Here is bob, bob finds sally hot, so one day at a party they were alone and decided to have sex" I find some stories on Lush sloppy and honestly not worth being compared to ones that are actually deserving of recognition for being good.

Still we all have varying opinions.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Yuzar
You can go about with only one or the other, but how you explain the actions and details, as well as the flow of the words and imagery used is what makes or breaks a good story. I think giving the characters personality makes for a much better story than just, "Here is bob, bob finds sally hot, so one day at a party they were alone and decided to have sex" I find some stories on Lush sloppy and honestly not worth being compared to ones that are actually deserving of recognition for being good.

Still we all have varying opinions.

I totally agree with you. Since I am an author, I wonder what the readers here would like to see more of. I have a few ideas that I wpuld like to expound on, so I am polling the readers here to see what would be of interest to them.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
as both a writer and a reader, i find it hard to get into the story if i don't care about the characters, even if it's just a quickie, i want to have a feeling of connection in some way.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Rawiya71

Greetings,

What kind of stories are more of a turn on... More sexual or more emotional stories with lots of tension before sex?

Long time no see missy - I missed you. Happy new year girly! Where the hell you been hiding!
I'd say seen as ain't heard from you for months; emotion definatly!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by HoneyBee000
Quote by Rawiya71

Greetings,

Long time no see missy - I missed you. Happy new year girly! Where the hell you been hiding!
I'd say seen as ain't heard from you for months; emotion definatly!

@Honey Hey hon, been writing like a mad woman!

Good to see you too. I'll try to be more visible.

@Sprite, I hear you. I definitely want to connect with my characters. The same goes for when I read. If I dont like the characters in the tale, I usually lose interest n the book.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would put in some pent-up tension adn emotions that leads up to the sex. i would like to know what the characters are thinking and how they arrive to a certain point in teh story. I'm both a writer and reader, so I want to connect with the people, eventhough they're figments fo someone's imagination.

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Lurker
0 likes
Make me believe it. The story I mean and the characters. I want to see them in my mind. I want to "feel" what they're feeling. One author on site actually was gifted enough to make me choke/tear up when reading his story. Read any good book that's been published in the real world and you'll get an idea of it. Stephan king, Alfred Lord Tennyson, Holden Caulfield, etc. "The devil is in the details."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LadySharon
I would put in some pent-up tension adn emotions that leads up to the sex. i would like to know what the characters are thinking and how they arrive to a certain point in teh story. I'm both a writer and reader, so I want to connect with the people, eventhough they're figments fo someone's imagination.

I totally agree! I love stories with as much tension as possible so that when and if they get together, the sex is a lot hotter.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Make me believe it. The story I mean and the characters. I want to see them in my mind. I want to "feel" what they're feeling. One author on site actually was gifted enough to make me choke/tear up when reading his story. Read any good book that's been published in the real world and you'll get an idea of it. Stephan king, Alfred Lord Tennyson, Holden Caulfield, etc. "The devil is in the details."

Now that is awesome. I hope to be able to move my readers like that...

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Rawiya71
Quote by chefkathleen

Now that is awesome. I hope to be able to move my readers like that...

Well, I'll be pulling for you!
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I love the sexual tension in the build-up almost as much as I enjoy reading about the sex. I love a story that unfolds in my mind as a short film. I think that erotica should have a balance between the two. A complex, emotional story that has the sex scene(s) as a hastily described afterthought can be a bit of a let down. What I mean is that you can't write a dramatic fiction piece, throw in a few hundred words of sex and then call it erotica. As long as the character and plot development are nicely balanced with the sex scenes, then you'll have a winning combination, in my opinion.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I love the sexual tension in the build-up almost as much as I enjoy reading about the sex. I love a story that unfolds in my mind as a short film. I think that erotica should have a balance between the two. A complex, emotional story that has the sex scene(s) as a hastily described afterthought can be a bit of a let down. What I mean is that you can't write a dramatic fiction piece, throw in a few hundred words of sex and then call it erotica. As long as the character and plot development are nicely balanced with the sex scenes, then you'll have a winning combination, in my opinion.

Doll said it for me. No point rephrasing
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think that sex without emotion is rather boring . In human nature there is usually emotion , love , that leads to sex . I think people are going to be more drawn into and believe a story if their is the emotion , feeling horny .
I think style of writing is important and choice of words . The descriptive sex should come spontaneously and without a lot of cliched words like beaver , cunt , dick and cock . Good sex has an element of mystery and that is lost if there is a clutter of vulgar words that do not emotively express the action .
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I only want to read about the sex for the most part. Because the rest can be old-hat. Now if a writer takes me someplace I haven't been, I like that throughout : )
Torture the data long enough and they will confess to anything.
Lurker
0 likes
For me, emotion is definitely and by far the more important, though I obviously enjoy when the characters get physical. But my own rather inhibited nature makes the emotional struggles that precede, accompany, and follow sex fascinating. For instance, a straight woman who finds herself feeling a sexual attraction to another woman is in an emotional state that is worth savoring, and her resistance and eventual surrender heightened the erotic potential no end. Think of that masterpiece, Laclos's Dangerous Liaisons, where M. de Valmont struggles to break down the resistance of the prudish and virtuous Mme de Tourvel. Her slow surrender and his growing need for her just keep the erotic suspense for well over a hundred pages. Or consider the emotional state of a man deeply in love and in lust with his wife when he finds that she is cuckolding him and yet, to his own shock, he finds himself turned on... These are situations in which the emotion is far more important than the (admittedly delicious) physical side of things.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Both. I don't understand how people can even separate the two. Even in my shortest fiction I had some emotional element. - I like undercurrents in my stories. Even lust has a emotional element or backstory beyond just the physical act. That makes it so much more satisfying and rich to me as a reader and I try to do that as a author. Also, I try to make the scenes specific to the characters and having that element is what does the trick.
Check out my tumblr and follow me: indecentespresso
Clumeleon
0 likes
I suppose it depends on the context of the story. I like that the stories on here cover the whole scale, because sometimes I'm in the mood to just read about raw, passionate sex and don't really care too much about the back story, but other times I want to really get involved with the characters and see the development of the relationship.

Category can be important here as well. First Time stories are naturally very emotional, and this should be reflected in the writing, whereas some (not all) Quickie Sex stories don't need much details at all, just the graphics.

In general, I much prefer to read (and write) stories with real human emotions. Even if I can't relate to the sexual situation (which I usually can't), I can still understand the kind of things the characters are feeling.
Lurker
0 likes
I liked Clum's reply. Yes, to cover the range is really good and he puts it very well in saying that first time stories imply emotion--maybe that's why I like reluctance and first-time especially. But, of course, emotion does not mean that it can't have all the flesh, fluids, and fetish of the most hardcore scenes.