No strings attached...

last reply
25 replies
3.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is it possible for a guy to fall for his friend with benefits? All the flirting that he does, could it be real? Sorry if it's a stupid question...
Lurker
0 likes
Yep, i reckon it is. Even though people say women get more emotionally attached from sex, guys can as well. Im in the situation right now where my FWB has been starting to say more 'romantic', 'intimate' things lately, not just sex sex sex so im a bit confused about what he wants.

Thing to do is if you think he's falling for you and you're not, be clear about what you both want from the relationship before one of you gets hurt
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well, we did make the rules clear. Just friends that have sex... Idk maybe I'm reading too much into this :-/
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
YES, of course! Most guys whether they admit it or not, have thought about having sex with their "girl" friends. Even if their are no benefits. But to be falling for her .. HELL YEAH, without a doubt.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, us men are able to fall for a NSA girl. We are already attracted to each other and get along. Then we start to get more feelings and look to making it more then sex. Who knows why it happens that way. So if you NSA you need to do it with somebody that you don't hang with on a regular basis. Work it like a booty call.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So if it were to work like a booty call then we'd just contact each other for sex and nothing else in between? I'm sorry I just need clarification... Kinda inexperienced with all this.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Sw33tAng3l
So if it were to work like a booty call then we'd just contact each other for sex and nothing else in between? I'm sorry I just need clarification... Kinda inexperienced with all this.

Its whatever works for you tbh. Some people can handle having sex but also being like normal friends as well, hanging out together etc but no romantic stuff. Other people literally only talk when they ring and say 'hey be at mine in half an hour'. With mine we dont talk very often but when we do we also talk about normal stuff and usually then onto cybering etc (since we cant just pop round each others). You just need to find the balance thats right for you personally
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks so much for alll your replies, esp MMonroe. :-)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi,

I had a friendship that spilled over into friendship with benefits and it confused me. At the time I thought that what we had was love but have since learnt it wasn't. The sex ended quite a few years ago now but we are still friends - without benefits - and meet monthly for lunch.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by deepstealth
Hi,

I had a friendship that spilled over into friendship with benefits and it confused me. At the time I thought that what we had was love but have since learnt it wasn't. The sex ended quite a few years ago now but we are still friends - without benefits - and meet monthly for lunch.

yeah i think at some point, you get mixed feelings and forget its NSA... in the end if all rules are established, things should be ok... at least i hope.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Things are fine now. We both know where we stand.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm glad things are fine for you now. smile A little clarification always helps.
0 likes
I tried it once and fell in love with her - yeah there are some guys out there that can have sex with a girl, and add her as another notch on his belt to brag to his buddies.
I on the otherhand started off thinking it was "just sex" She ended up being the best lover I ever had, I would think about her constantly and ended up falling in love with her.

From what I have heard, this usually ends up being the case especially if you are together for an extended period of time.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious
I tried it once and fell in love with her - yeah there are some guys out there that can have sex with a girl, and add her as another notch on his belt to brag to his buddies.
I on the otherhand started off thinking it was "just sex" She ended up being the best lover I ever had, I would think about her constantly and ended up falling in love with her.

From what I have heard, this usually ends up being the case especially if you are together for an extended period of time.

I guess it all depends on what type of guy he is...

Thanks again everyone for your advice! I really appreciate it!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
according to ashton kutcher & natalie portman's new flic... yes, they can fall for the friend.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes of course its possable. but both parties need to be reminded its friends with benefits from start to finish or it could get ugly
Lurker
0 likes
Absolutely, honestly i think the best relationships come out of being friends first....and the FWB part just made it better because you get to find out all the things that your both into without the worry if the other is going to be into it or not....fwb , if your truly good friends will most likely end up with at least one falling for the other if not both....IMO
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
i went from an NSA to a FWB situation a cpl times. Mainly, because we liked the sex, we talked a lot about what we both liked, wanted for ourselves and for the other (in order to please them). honesty and communication helped there. when she asked if we could be gf/bf, i told her i enjoyed her company, freindship, and sex, but the romantic feelings weren't there. has happened the other way as well.
both just have to understandthat time and experienvces change us and we may need to ask/act accordingly...when starting even an NSA relationship, i've started making part of agreement that re-visiting "our rules" every (whatever amt of time) take place. hope that helps.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by Sw33tAng3l

I guess it all depends on what type of guy he is..

Exactly. I'm the kind of guy who could not have the FWB relationship. You need to find out what he is. He could be saying one thing to keep the sex going, but his mind could be in a different place. I don't want to add confusion to your dilemma, but you need to know it's a possibility.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Sw33tAng3l
Well, we did make the rules clear. Just friends that have sex... Idk maybe I'm reading too much into this :-/

Be honest. Especially if you made the rules clear. A guy can tell if the girl is trying to make the situation in to something more. And if he's not ready for whatever that something more is, you are going to lose him if you seem like you are trying to manipulate the situation. I've had a girl do that. She kept saying we were just friends, but kept saying and doing things that made it clear she wanted/needed more. So I had to cut her off completely. Nobody likes being mislead.
Lurker
0 likes
it would be easy to fall in love if you do more activities together other than just sex
Lurker
0 likes
yea i have fallen for every girl i have dated usually it was just we sat together in class or had a project to due together or even lab partners at times
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes of course its possible to fall for the friend "with benefits", both parties have to be reminded that it is suppossed to be a "benefit" and not a relationship.
Lurker
0 likes
The biggest thing to remember FWB it is all about the sex. In saying that, just having sex with another person we are sharing our most personal belonging we have our bodies with another person in very intimate experience, so sometime singals get crossed.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
for me it has to do with where the guy is emotionally... if he is in a relationship it's highly unlikely that he will dump his girlfriend for his friend with benefits... if he's not in a relationship however i cannot see why it can't happen

also, like others have said before, the longer the period of time you have been together, the higher the chances of an emotional bond being formed between you
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Sw33tAng3l
Is it possible for a guy to fall for his friend with benefits? All the flirting that he does, could it be real? Sorry if it's a stupid question...

men have emotions and they change.. for quiet a few men having sex is a physical thing and they can keep their emotions out of it.. but then again.. yes they can fall for a "friends with benefits" girl just as easily...

Even if there is a previous understanding..sometime the heart plays tricks :-)
and NO ITS NOT A STUPID QUESTION!!! :-)
“When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.”
― Helen Keller
Lurker
0 likes
I had a "fuck buddy" about 3 years ago, thats all we were supposed to be, not only are we now best friends, we got married 2 years ago.