Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

prefer fiction or retelling what actually happened?

last reply
48 replies
7.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
The stories I have posted have all mostly been an actual recount of our experiences. My question is, do you prefer a work of fiction or a recount of an actual encounter? Or does it not matter as long as it turns you on?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Fiction can be a lot of fun to write and read as imaginations can go crazy. But I dont think it matters, so long as it is well written.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by ahotwildcpl
The stories I have posted have all mostly been an actual recount of our experiences. My question is, do you prefer a work of fiction or a recount of an actual encounter? Or does it not matter as long as it turns you on?

I prefer fiction based upon my experiences (and other people's).

Retelling actual events, works too.

I like a good story. And talented story tellers.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I prefer writing fiction, but reading a mixture of both.

Fiction usually makes for a better story, but they always say "write what you know." The best fiction is inspired by experience, but not restricted by it. Personally I prefer the extended advice "write what you know, or what you can research."
Lurker
0 likes
I write true stories, and I prefer to read them over fantasy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Both are great if well written and well told. Where you are there in the story with them.
Well that's just my opinion, sorry if you don't like.

BigDaddyRich
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I assume everything I read on the internet is fiction unless backed up with proof.
Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Fictional fantasies, when well written, are hot.
True recollections are erotic and wore lusty.

All of my stories are based upon my experiences, friend's encounters or stories told to me via email or chat.
I would call them 'truth w/ artistic license'...
Lurker
0 likes
Sometimes real life is better than fiction - but its the telling that really counts.
Lurker
0 likes
dont know
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I prefer fiction. I like the freedom to embellish and wander off track
spank me hard please
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Sell me bullshit, make me believe and buy it.

I can deal with the consequences.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I enjoy both of them smile
Rule 34: no exceptions
Lurker
0 likes
I enjoy reading true stories and fiction equally and mix the two
Lurker
0 likes
A fiction any day. Though, that could be because I prefer third person to first.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Either one is preferable to me, although fiction is actually better to write, in my opinion, than ones based on real experiences. I'll be honest, a couple of my stories are about real experiences, but they were the hardest to write. When writing fiction, the mind can go where you want it to go, and have more fun with going there. True experiences, you know where it went and what happened and even though you can actually embellish those too, you really do not want to because of the real life that was involved.
"So don't cry to me.
If you loved me,
You would be here with me.
Don't lie to me,
Just get your things.
I've made up your mind."

--Evanescence
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I tend to write scenes from experience and add in the fiction
Wine Connoisseur
0 likes
I have only ever submitted one story in Lush and so far it has had well over 200,000 hits. After reading some stories here I felt some were very erotic, some were good, but the majority were so unbelievable that they were poor.

I wanted to write a story but my imagination would not run rampant and could not delve into a good story. It was then that I tried to relate an actual experience which changed my life. I was dumbfounded when so many people replied to my story and sent me messages.

My thoughts are that if you are happy with revealing life experiences, then do so. If you are proficient at storytelling, then there can be some very erotic outcomes. I have read hundreds of stories here and every cock is 9 inches or longer and all drip gallons of precum. It is these gross exaggerations that spoil any story.
Lurker
0 likes
For the most part our stories are based on factual real happenings. Very little emblishments.
That's what we like to read also.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I prefer real stories but fictional stories have there own way about them also.
Veni, vidi, vici" Julius Caesar 47 BC
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like reading about real life encounters. I find them titillating and voyeuristic. I'm not concerned with the grammar or story structure as such.
I also enjoy fictional stories that are well written- with a good plot, well rounded characters, vivid sex scenes and not over the top- that makes it arousing, sensual, sexy, funny... entertaining.
Lurker
0 likes
I like both real and fictional stories. I like the fictional stories to seem real and not make you think "yeah right" as you read it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I write both. Though I prefer my imagination! I also like reading both - what matters is that it's a good, engaging story.
Check out my tumblr and follow me: indecentespresso
Lurker
0 likes
It does not matter to me as long as the story is good.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
as long as it's good it doesn't matter, but personally i prefer a real story to a made up one
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I pretty much always assume what I'm reading is fictional, even when prefaced with 'this actually happened!'

I read too much Playboy when I was younger to honestly believe people when they said that it was based on true events.
Wine Connoisseur
0 likes
To write fiction you have to have a fertile and an imaginative mind. In various scenarios, you do not really know how a character acts or reacts to certain things. Good writers can create anything I guess. I can always relate to personal experiences when writing. You can recall events, moods, how you felt at the time, how other people react and interact. By writing from personal experiences and embellishing certain points, you can re-enact the euphoria, the pathos, the despair, the melancholy, and other moods that you have experienced. These moods can thus be articulated and presented to the reader who can share what you have gone through.

In short, actual experiences are far easier to write about than fiction.