With or Without the lacker?

last reply
43 replies
4.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Recently I had a conversation with my boyfriend and his mates about girls with or without make up.

Surpisingly, all 8 of them said that they thought a girl looked at her most attractive first thing in the morning, with no or very little make up on. Afterall make up is an illusion. But seriously, when I am rocking this look, I don't get half as much attention as when I'm made up to the nines. Hence the question...

Make up? or no make up?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No makeup.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
to the point- like it lol xx
Lurker
0 likes
I think it depends on the amount. The make up in the second photo is ridiculous so in that instance i would say none is better.

Even though on a night out i never wear more than eyeliner and mascara, i dont really get different reactions when i wear none or alot
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Ya, I'm having a hard time getting past the gatorade-hued eyeshadow there. I'm with Cherry though on general reactions; guys love to say how much they love the natural look, only to look right past me when I actually do it. When I'm all 'done up' though? Very different tale.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I think the guys that say they prefer "no make up" don't really know what no make up looks like.
They are usually referring to a girl wearing light make-up with natural hues.
Lurker
0 likes
Gonna go ahead and pretend I'm a man so I can stick my nose in on this subject! silly

I think it's a bit of a middle balance...I don't notice the orange girls with spiders coming out of their eyes...oh hang on, that's just their mascara caked eyelashes getting 'good' looks....but then girls with a bit of well-done make up to emphasise (rather than entirely transform/hide) their features tend to get the looks desired.

With regards to men saying they like the 100% natural look....I would be inclined to think that this is usually restricted to men knowing the girl (knowing them well, I mean) as, one would presume, they are likely to associate everything they love and enjoy about a girl...with her natural state. I've yet to have anyone I wasn't dating tell me I look better with no make up on that I do with a bit of foundation and mascara.

That's pure observation there, not trying to state anything as fact!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I think the guys that say they prefer "no make up" don't really know what no make up looks like.

Agreed. My ex once said that he really liked my eyeshadow that day, but they were just dark circles due to lack of sleep.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I think you are correct here.
I prefer a light touch of make up that looks natural.
Not too interested in the look when so much make up is on that one needs a trowel to take it off!

Then again I have seen some woman and feel like they could plaster on a second coat...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I think Dancing_Doll nailed this one!

I think every girl, no matter how much confidence, feel a little self-conscious at one point or another - especially about their skin/complexion and bags under their eyes (well, for me, anyways!)

I personally LOVE make-up....probably because my mom was a make-up artist when I was growing up and she always had cases and cases of it around and seeing all of the things she could do with it completely fascinated me as a girl!

whatever the case, as long as you like what you see when you look in the mirror - who cares? Nothing is sexier than a woman with confidence and knows she looks hot! Makeup or no makeup!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well another topic where men will say they'll go for no make-up or the girl with no beaver pics lol.
Of course men are clueless. Though some will stamp their feet on the ground claiming to know when women don't put on any make-up.

*stamps feet*

The women I've hung out with, either as friends or as lovers, rarely put on make-up and most of them did look better to me without make-up. Of course this could be due to them not being advanced make-up artists who know how to accentuate their good features.
Admittedly I don't pay much attention to unfamiliar women's make-up in public, whether in the bus or in a bar or in class or wherever.

I guess I just like the complete lack of make-up since it shows the woman without any covering up of her naked facial features. Regardless of the dark circles due to lack of sleep etc.
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Hmmm.... are you guys sure you know what no make up looks like?

Now, I'm not saying a woman should always wear make-up. Most women have various levels of "light make-up" they wear depending on what they're doing, from just lipgloss and mascara to the full face-works for night. But... (and this might depend a bit on the area you live in), most women will put on at least a little something before leaving the house, unless they're going to the gym (well, unless it's my gym which caters to an abnormally high maintenance crowd). I've been told by a few guys that I look my best when I wake up first thing in the morning, but I'm still convinced I was being seen through the eyes of love/lust when those statements were made. The real "no make up look" is pretty harsh on most women, unless they are in their teens or early twenties. What most women strive to do is master that "natural make-up" look that makes us look like we are totally bare faced. And that's probably what most men will prefer... but make no mistake, it doesn't mean she woke up that way. Just because she's not in full war-paint with bright eyeshadows and tons of blush doesn't mean she's not wearing anything on her face.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
PS. Cherry, have you seen this pic of Katy Perry? Her man snapped it and posted it on Twitter (which she promptly told him to take down once she found out what he'd done). Even in that first pic up there, she's wearing some make-up, although it's light. This is the real no-make-up look. And while she will always be a gorgeous girl... I think a little make-up is always a good thing.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Celebrities are different. The makeup jobs they get are so extreme and "well done" that often times the woman looks like two different people. For me, any woman that I've had the pleasure to have been with she always looks better to me without makeup. I love a woman no makeup in casual clothes and a baseball cap. that look drives me wild!

Doll, just to be prove my point you should send me a pic of your face with and without! lmao

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No makeup, because it taste nasty when I makeout with their face lol!
Lurker
0 likes
Celebrities are also different because they get their 'made up' shots *photoshopped* which some of the above definitely seem to be, not to mention the flattering lighting which comes into play when they have having professional photos taken.

Also, they seem to get orange an awful lot too. Hmm.
0 likes
I keep mine as natural as possible so I don't scare anyone (including myself) when I have to go without for any reason.

I had a friend once who wouldn't leave her house without a full face of makeup. We've lost touch now, but I never got to see what she actually looked like - and we were friends for years.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
PS. Cherry, have you seen this pic of Katy Perry? Her man snapped it and posted it on Twitter (which she promptly told him to take down once she found out what he'd done). Even in that first pic up there, she's wearing some make-up, although it's light. This is the real no-make-up look. And while she will always be a gorgeous girl... I think a little make-up is always a good thing.

Haha, I like the way all the celebs without make up are making really unflattering faces! lol. Personally I don't wear a lot of make up except for when I go out on the weekend, because I'm fortunate enough to have good skin, but I find a bit of mascara transforms any face from looking washed out to looking fresh.

And also, watching the brit awards and the grammys etc over the last few weeks, the celebs are actually sweating THROUGH their make up, so how much must they actually be wearing anyway! urrgh gross.

xxxxxx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Too much make up is a no for me But if a girl wants to wear a little concealer, eyeliner etc then why not. Just don't put it on with a trowel.

As a photographer i prefer my models to be well made up as the camera picks up very little blemish and can be quite unforgiving. Also good eye make up is essential.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think the pics that Dancing Doll posted are a little extreme to say the least. Clearly, there is no argument as to which photo looks better when comparing a bad makeup-less day to and airbrushed one.

In my humble opinion, the problem is that men look the same all the time - no surprises. But woman look different one hour to the next and it's this contrast between a flawless complexion and a, well, flawed complexion that leaves me wondering how she suddenly got so ugly overnight. This could be when unconditional love for someone is important.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You're right, we do look different all of the time but i think a lot of us are just trying to keep up with what society demands of us. We're supposed to look attractive and pretty and sexy because we're women and the ones in magazines and on tv are these airbrushed, skinny freaks that wouldnt know a dark eye bag if it slapped them. lol. So we compete, right? xoxoxox
Lurker
0 likes
I think it isn't makeup or no makeup but really down to if it is well applied make up or applied with a builders trowel look!!

The builders trowel version is a total turn off
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
^ Particularly the 40 year old versions. They keep telling their teenage kids to grow up and act their age, why don't they do the same?

Quote by cherryrebel
<snip> So we compete, right? xoxoxox

And generally lose the competition
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Very well said Doll, sometimes less is better when it comes to make-up
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I actually know an older woman who told me that for the last 10 years of her marriage, she would go to sleep in her makeup every night and then set her alarm (even on weekends) to wake up an hour before her husband so that she could wash her face and redo her makeup and then crawl back into bed and pretend that she just 'woke up that way'. I couldn't believe her dedication to this, since she seemed like she would have been perfectly attractive even without the makeup. How's that for high maintenance?

And that's to say nothing of the women who have professionally 'tattooed' their makeup on so that they always look like they are wearing perfect eyeliner and lipstick.

Some women will go to crazy lengths...
Lurker
0 likes
I never wear make up and I wish I can handle it, but I just get so irritated when something is on my face. I seriously wish that I could go one straight night with full thing going on. I admire girls that can pull off high maintenance look, they are so sexy! I am just not one of them
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I say no make up for some women and light for others. I am just not a fan of make up.
Lurker
0 likes
A family friend of ours was a little OTT on the old make up front...wouldn't let anyone see her without make up, so she'd make sure all the lights were off, go to the bathroom and remove her make up then leg it back through the house to her room (in the dark still) so that no one would see her. Amusingly, this is the same woman who was curling her eyelashes (again) ready for a quick supermarket trip....the doorbell goes, scares the *ahem* heck out of her......resulting in her pulling out all her eyelashes with the curler. Giggle.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I guess it comes down to what the make up is doing - is it making a statement or is it concealing. The eyes and the mouth have an incredible effect on attraction - accentuating them (in the right way of course) just works.

I love a natural look but I also know a woman feel more confident with what she will see as a "normal" level of make up - of course, this could mean men who like women without make up could be subconciously opposed to them feeling confident ;)
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber