What's on the menu?

last reply
13 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Head Nurse
0 likes
It occurs to me that I cant be the only foodie here. I love to compare meals, get new ideas ext. so the question is what's on the menu?

last night we had thick pork chops that marinaded in a balsamic/garlic marinade, then grilled with a garlic/vidalia/apple chutney. Also cheesy chipolte potato soup, biscuits, and a cheesecake for dessert.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm also a foodie....and do enjoy cooking...(a little unknown secret is that I have published a cook book in Canada! (that's right., I'm like an onion...many different layers and I make you cry..from laughing))

Last night was boring...However next weekend I am doing a BBQ for about 20 people, and the menu is:

Springbok
Kudu
Buffalo
Ostrich
Kangaroo

And then the normal...Pork, beef and chicken!!!
Head Nurse
0 likes
thats great, what kind of cookbook?

Buffalo was on the menu two nights ago. How do you cook yours?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The book was on cuisine from Southern Africa (need any recipes let me know!)

This one I've made into sausages for the BBQ.

The others, are steaks....which I prefer to grill on the BBQ.

How did you do yours?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Thats awesome loud! I love to cook but havent been doing much lately my signature dish is delmonico sttake with a queso cheese sauce and garlic and herb mashed potatoes. And my husband loves goulash burgers
Live Laugh Love and have sex like crazy!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Now where's my invite for dinner!!!

One of mine is a type of Spatchcock Chicken marinated.
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by loud_bkr
The book was on cuisine from Southern Africa (need any recipes let me know!)

This one I've made into sausages for the BBQ.

The others, are steaks....which I prefer to grill on the BBQ.

How did you do yours?

I marinaded it in the above mentioned balsamic vinegar w/salt,garlic..then grilled. turned out great. When I am on the road(like now) all of my cooking is done on a small suitcase sized grill.

thank you Pixie, but like loud said I really wasnt looking for actual recipes, just a what are you eating kinda thing: btw breakfast is white grape juice, and strawberry whoppers, lol.
Lurker
0 likes
I had scrambled eggs on a croissant, with a glass of OJ and a large cup of coffee for breakfast...

I'm also a bit of a foodie, but don't seem to get the chance to do much cooking these days..

I am particularly good at roasts though, and casseroles and soups and things that I can lovingly prepare and then forget about while they cook
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by loud_bkr
Quote by Pixie
You might want to take a look at this thread......

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst11015_Share-Recipes.aspx

Thanks Pixie, but I think the intention of the OP was more on the lines of what we have eaten or going to eat tonight, rather than actual recipes.

There is a thread for that as well....

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst3523_What39s-for-dinner-tonight.aspx
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
RAAAWWWWWRRR!
Thousands of user submitted stories removed from the site. You are nothing without your users or their freely submitted stories.
Lurker
0 likes
Just rustled up some breaded chicken and a cheese omelette
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
boiled rasion cake with lemon sauce
what's up sunshine