Serious Taboo

last reply
13 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Ok, so put yourself in my shoes for just a moment.

You have an 'uncontrollable' desire/fetish that is considered too taboo for mainstream society. Now, when it comes to meeting a new person and falling in love (etc...) would you keep this fetish a complete secret from them, tell them straight away or leave it a few months until you know each other reasonably well, then tell the person?

I just don't know what to do any more

PS - sorry if this is in the wrong section, I couldn't quite work out where my query should go.
Lurker
0 likes
It would be better if we knew what the fetish was, but I'd say give it some time and then tell her, people can be alot more understanding than you think.

If it something illegal though, well thats a whole different kettle of fish
Lurker
0 likes
Hmm, well you've offered some food for thought there, thank you.

I would rather not divulge what this fetish is in open space - it's a sensitive subject for me.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
If you're a man of many fetishes, start off with introducing her to the more "normal" ones.
I had a bf that it took 1½ year and a break in our relationship before he told me he was into water sports.
He found that more of a taboo than his somewhat weird obsession of other (not mentionable) desires.
I would sooner have "allowed" his water sports than the other things, but he thought it was a bigger deal.
Now a days he usually keep it to himself for a month or two before he tells a girl, unless talk about their sexual taboo desires come up.

If it's something you feel you cannot live without, do tell the partner at the start of the relationship so that it's not something that will ruin a good relation later on.
If not, wait until it will come out naturally. (
The way I got to know my former guy liked to be peed on was when I was going to pee in the forest and he asked if I could pee on his hand.)

No matter what you do, good luck.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Hmmm, I would try to divulge most every secret (not all at once, as that's a bit of a beta technique) to the woman I was wanting to get to know better. And I'd hesitate to 'fall in love' which implies an accidental kind of thing.

Grow love by sharing, listening, experiencing, discovering boundaries, etc...If you divulge your wildest fantasies and find yourself rebuked...move along to the next fish in the aquarium.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Detention Seeker
0 likes
From my own Personal experiances I have always tried to be open & honest with lovers & partners.
Getting to know each other well before commitment is a much better way to a long & lasting relationship, But dont just blab out a long list mention something along similar lines to see how the land lies. Answer questions fully if asked something about your serious Taboo subject not skirt around it that way you will soon learn what will work or not work between you!
If the person is seriously against your Taboo subject then tell yourself this persons not right for you & dont dwell on the past move on & look to the future!
Detention Seeker
0 likes
From my own Personal experiances I have always tried to be open & honest with lovers & partners.
Getting to know each other well before commitment is a much better way to a long & lasting relationship, But dont just blab out a long list mention something along similar lines to see how the land lies. Answer questions fully if asked something about your serious Taboo subject not skirt around it that way you will soon learn what will work or not work between you!
If the person is seriously against your Taboo subject then tell yourself this persons not right for you & dont dwell on the past move on & look to the future!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
nothing wrong to admit what your fetish was to be open to your partner and maybe she will like it.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for the advice - it's greatly appreciated smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Be honest and don't try to hide something "serious" from a potential friend and lover.
I'm not telling you to blab out everything about yourself on a "first date", but gradually as your relationship and closeness grows.
Gramps

The quiet and always horny old guy in Sunny Florida USA
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
uncontrollable' desire/fetish that is considered too taboo for mainstream society

If I met someone, I certainly would not divulge my fetish straight away, but would slowly - as the relationship progressed - drop hints to see this other persons reaction. I would probably wait maybe a month or two before dropping the biggest hint of all, something like 'I have a friend who has this fetish ....... what do you think?'

If they were against it, I would not take the relationship further - it would be unfair to her and yourself. If they like the idea, well so much the better smile

My concern is you wrote 'too taboo'. Is this desire/fetish something you would act on or just a fantasy? If just a fantasy and you know it will never happen, I would keep it to myself. If you would act on it, look around the internet and find similar people with your desires and hook up with them.

I am sorry you have this terrible secret but sometimes a secret should be kept as that. Not everyone is understanding when it comes to 'too taboo'. Saying that though, I do hope you find someone who is understanding so you don't have to keep living a lie.
Cogent Sensualist
0 likes
I heard some advice that I think applies here. When you do roll out your fetish (one that you want to act out), you need to present as a "bonus" rather than a "disease". Like "hey, not only do I like all your lovely lady parts, but I could really get into sucking on your toes for a while, bet you haven't had a guy give you a really erotic toe suck before" rather than "well, I'm really embarrassed to admit that, um, well, hmmmm...ok... so I kinda have this fetish and I really don't want you to be too freaked out about it but...". The latter leads inevitably to a lil freak out even before you reveal it.

If it's something you NEED, well, you need to explore/divulge it reasonably early because it'll be a deal-breaker and you need to be fair to your partner and let them know the deal breakers fairly early. If it's something you WANT, well that can wait a bit until the time is right. If it's somthing you're curious about you can wait until the 3rd martini some night and play the "ever wonder what it would be like to" game. If it's something you fantasize about but never plan to act out, well, we all have fantasies that dont' need to be shared ;). But if you do, make it clear that it's just a fantasy or you might find out your partner brings a goat home someday to help you live it out.

Oh, and Fugly, we all know what your fetish is...lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have found that after a few months and you are comfortable with each other in a mainstream sexual way...then introduce the fetish, but also ask if they have any of their own fetishes that could be introduced too. This way it is a more give and take thing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have found that after a few months and you are comfortable with each other in a mainstream sexual way...then introduce the fetish, but also ask if they have any of their own fetishes that could be introduced too. This way it is a more give and take thing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
if it's perfectly legal, tell her fairly soon. Holding something like that back can hurt a relationship later on. If it's something fairly harmless, go for it right away! I had a guy once tell me he was really into caressing a girl's legs while she was wearing pantyhose. He told me this on the first date, and on the second date, I decided to let him roam!
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WorkAlone
I heard some advice that I think applies here. When you do roll out your fetish (one that you want to act out), you need to present as a "bonus" rather than a "disease". Like "hey, not only do I like all your lovely lady parts, but I could really get into sucking on your toes for a while, bet you haven't had a guy give you a really erotic toe suck before" rather than "well, I'm really embarrassed to admit that, um, well, hmmmm...ok... so I kinda have this fetish and I really don't want you to be too freaked out about it but...". The latter leads inevitably to a lil freak out even before you reveal it.

If it's something you NEED, well, you need to explore/divulge it reasonably early because it'll be a deal-breaker and you need to be fair to your partner and let them know the deal breakers fairly early. If it's something you WANT, well that can wait a bit until the time is right. If it's somthing you're curious about you can wait until the 3rd martini some night and play the "ever wonder what it would be like to" game. If it's something you fantasize about but never plan to act out, well, we all have fantasies that dont' need to be shared ;). But if you do, make it clear that it's just a fantasy or you might find out your partner brings a goat home someday to help you live it out.

Oh, and Fugly, we all know what your fetish is...lol

Wonderful advise in my book.

"or you might find out your partner brings a goat home someday to help you live it out." best line I've heard all week.