Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How do you track your exercise?

last reply
11 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes

What method do you use to track workouts?

17 votes remaining
Don't need to - I stick to a strict regimen (2 votes) 12%
Keep a workout journal on paper (3 votes) 18%
Use an online tracking tool (2 votes) 12%
Have a smartphone app (3 votes) 18%
Just have a rough idea in my head (7 votes) 41%
Combination of the above - please explain (4 votes) 24%
Other - please explain (1 vote) 6%
Track 'em? I don't even do 'em! (2 votes) 12%
Divine Rapscallion
0 likes
I find that keeping track of my workouts helps motivate me to exercise more consistently and to ramp up the intensity when I see that I've gotten stuck in a bit of a rut.

How about everyone else?
Maggie R
Divine Rapscallion
0 likes
I use a combination of methods.

Generally I just keep gym workouts each week in my head. In the past, I used an online tracker for my gym time, and I may go back to that but I've been such a slacker in the past few months that it's been easy to remember my workouts.

Lately, walking has been my major form of exercise and I've started using a smartphone app that employs GPS to map my route and provide other details.
Maggie R
0 likes
I have a baby who doesn't like sleeping during the day and a dog that needs walking or he'll destroy the backyard, so they're my reminders to exercise. Going out on long walks every day, rain or shine, keeps everyone happy.

When I was running seriously I used to track my times on a spreadsheet so I could see my improvement.

I also have a friend who cycles and logs his kilometres travelled. He uses Google maps to see how far those kilometres are taking him around Australia. It seems to keep him motivated.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm part of a calorie counting site. It has a great exercise diary entry as well. I also use a heart rate monitor to show my fitness increasing which has a calorie counter/fitness counter,stop watch etc etc. By measuring how much exercise I put in, I can also see how many calories I can eat for the day. There is a great UK site for swimming called swim fit, it measures your swimming sessions so you see how far you swim. I was able to swim in a few weeks the length of Lake Windermere.It's free.

http://www.swimming.org/swimfit
Lurker
0 likes
I keep track of the runs on a running social network, and keep track of the strength training on my laptop.
Lurker
0 likes
I use Cardio Trainer application on my phone. It keeps track of all my workouts, GPS tracks how far I ran or biked and how many calories I burned and so on. Keeps track of the classes I took and so much more... I love it!
Lurker
0 likes
I cycle most days and have a computer on the bike target is 100 -120 miles a week also i noticed the other week i went from a 38" waist to a 36" woo hoo
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
The rec center I use has "fitlinxx" (nothing 'x' rated about it. You might be able to use it yourself online.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've started using the Runkeeper App. - GPS linked, tells you how far, how fast, lets you know if you're on schedule to beat your PB, encourages you to go faster and further, lets you swear at it ! - and when you've finished, it e mails you a breakdown and 'round-up' of each session that you can use as an ongoing tracker record.

Shame it doesn't then pour you a hot bath, rub your aching limbs and do the laundry whilst you soak !! but then I guess that's what Husbands are for !!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Found that keeping a track, either hard copy or on-line, kept me...welll...erm...on track. Now that I see smartphones have Apps for that, maybe I should finally upgrade?
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have several workout apps and calorie counter and work out apps on my phone that tracks everything. The work out one keeps track of how much i've done on different cardio machines. Then when working the weights i have a program I use and keep track of what to do on what days.. I love technology!!!!
No one can make you jealous, angry, vengeful, or greedy -unless you let him.
- Napoleon Hill
Lurker
0 likes
A few years back, I was training for a triathlon and ended up with chronic fatigue. After doing some research, I invested in a Polar heart rate monitor with a footpod that I can download workout data straight to my computer. The included software is great for calorie expendature, speed vs heart rate, etc. I've not had a problem with fatigue since.