Curlygirly and Mazza's BIG sandwich!! Options · View
adele
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:46:40 AM

Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 8:50:56 AM

adele wrote:
I'll bring these boobieflash2

Adele!!! You made it!!! *mwah mwah mwah*

So good to see you!!

Come one and we'll go and find a beautiful frock to accentuate those wonderful breasts of yours!!!

Takes Adele by the arm and drags her to the dressing room!!
subside
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:01:09 AM

Hello everyone. I believe we will need some great wine for the festivities. I think a 1997 Borola and Bertani Amarome will do. Lets also have a 2003 bordeaux, I do like Chateau Margaux and Chateau Haut-Brion. Perhaps a Petrus too. For White wines I think we should have a nice crisp Pouilly Fusisse and Montrachet 2007. I also like the Gavi di Gavi from italy . A great red burgundy(Echezeaux Grand Cru) and some champage-lots of it. I like Bollinger and Roeder

I will prepare athree mushroom Risotto (potabello, shitake and regular musshrooms) with sausage and olive oil I just brought back from Sicily-from my mother's olive trees. I will also prepare lobster ravioli prepared in white wine and pink cream sauce with shallots mushrooms and a touch of red crushed pepper. We do need a meat dish to go with the reds. Any suggestions.? perhaps a roast leg of lamb or osso buco ina a balsamic sauce (just had it in Rome-awsome)For an anti-pasta - Fresh provolone that I purchased at the factory and also brought back; home cured olives from sicily and home made sun dried tomatoes (stuffed with garlic, pepper and parsley).

I will assume this is black tie_- looking foward to meeting everyone- Bon appetite
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:07:40 AM

subside wrote:
Hello everyone. I believe we will need some great wine for the festivities. I think a 1997 Borola and Bertani Amarome will do. Lets also have a 2003 bordeaux, I do like Chateau Margaux and Chateau Haut-Brion. Perhaps a Petrus too. For White wines I think we should have a nice crisp Pouilly Fusisse and Montrachet 2007. I also like the Gavi di Gavi from italy . A great red burgundy(Echezeaux Grand Cru) and some champage-lots of it. I like Bollinger and Roeder

I will prepare athree mushroom Risotto (potabello, shitake and regular musshrooms) with sausage and olive oil I just brought back from Sicily-from my mother's olive trees. I will also prepare lobster ravioli prepared in white wine and pink cream sauce with shallots mushrooms and a touch of red crushed pepper. We do need a meat dish to go with the reds. Any suggestions.? perhaps a roast leg of lamb or osso buco ina a balsamic sauce (just had it in Rome-awsome)For an anti-pasta - Fresh provolone that I purchased at the factory and also brought back; home cured olives from sicily and home made sun dried tomatoes (stuffed with garlic, pepper and parsley).

I will assume this is black tie_- looking foward to meeting everyone- Bon appetite

Ooooh, very nice indeed Subside!!! Do you think that we could have venison?? It is my favourite and will go well with a lovely read... Perhaps some wild boar carpaccio??? With lemon, parmesan, olives?

I am just about to have a lovely aromatherapy massage IRL...

Sweeeeet!!!

underthehood
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:17:33 AM

Am I too early ?
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:23:50 AM

adele wrote:
I'll bring these boobieflash2

Adele, SO happy you made it to the party!!! Hugs Have fun shopping with Mazz for a dress for tonight. Can't wait to see it.

Mazz, your dress is beautiful. You will look stunning!!!

Sub, your choice of wines sounds absolutely perfect, and I am not surprised. I've been dying to taste the olive oil from your mom's olive oil trees. Glad we get some of the benefit from your trip to Sicily. Dinner suggestions sound wonderful as well!

Posting Pics and Videos on Forums
We've had a lot of questions from people who are not familiar with posting pics or videos on the forums, so I am going to give some instructions. Any additional questions please IM or PM me. Good luck.

Pic: Find the pic you want on internet and copy the URL. You need the actual pic's URL and not website. Click on pic and make sure you look over to right to "enlarge image" or something like that and then copy URL from top of screen or right click on pictures and "properties" is last option. Click on properties and copy URL from there. URL's that end in .jpg, png, gif, and jpeg work on Lush (thanks, Under). Hit the "post reply" button on the forum thread and NOT "quick reply." When the box opens click on the "image link" icon, which is a blue mountain horizon with sun. a [img] [\img] will appear and you have to paste your URL BETWEEN those two img boxes and finish your post as usual.

Video: You can only upload YouTube videos as far as I know. Find your video. Under video there is a share button. Click on this and click on "embed" and a code will appear. Copy this code. You must have the "embed" code to post a video on the forums. Not the URL from the top of the page. Hit the "post reply" button on the forum thread and NOT "quick reply." When the box opens click on the "YouTube link" icon, and paste in the embed code in the box that will appear. Then finish your post as usual.

Ok, I have to go get a pedi for tonight's party and maybe take a nap. Must do some decorating as well.

subside
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:27:23 AM

Excellent suggestion Mazza on the venison and wild boar! The wild boar will go well with the Barola and the venison will go perfectly with the Burgundy. we will splurge too-only a grand cru. Perhaps the venison could be made grilled and topped with a balsamic mustard sauce(-easy on the balsa))mic so as not to interfere with the wine)? what do you think. Will anyone be bringing dessert? Perhaps Tiramisu? Creme Brulee?
underthehood
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:27:59 AM

Ohh he was jobless after the movie series got over .. brought him with me .. can help !!!

ohh and ladies he is well known for long fingers thumbup
subside
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:29:31 AM

Thank you Curlygirl. I hope work doesnt keep me late. And the damn Ferrari is in the shop again-may take the bentley
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:47:52 AM

Well if it's formal, white gloves and webbing belt then. Um, did you mean to plan this party on my birthday, oh dear,
now I feel I may well get the bumps if it's just a coincidence.
Any girls wanna kiss the birthday boy? Pleeease?
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:50:15 AM

underthehood wrote:

Am I too early ?

Under, you are stylin' as always. Love the ride!! Thanks for bringing your...errr...ummm...unemployed friend. He does give off quite the sinister vibe, huh? Poor chap is a little down on his luck! Thanks for going shopping with me, BTW. We need to stop for coffee first!

Sub, all the food sounds fabulous, and I am starving now. I have no doubt that you will be arrving in class!! ;)

OK, off to decorate a bit for the Dinner Party, and I still need to shop for a dress.

Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:55:22 AM

Te11tale wrote:

Well if it's formal, white gloves and webbing belt then. Um, did you mean to plan this party on my birthday, oh dear,

It's your Birthday today, Tell? Wow, a lot of Birthday celebrations this week!! We will definitely need to have a cake. Hmmm, maybe some white elephant gifts for you as well? What do you think?

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday, Dear Tell. Happy Birthday to you!!! (totally sung off key, sorry)

Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:39:47 AM

Curlygirly wrote:
Te11tale wrote:

It's your Birthday today, Tell? Wow, a lot of Birthday celebrations this week!! We will definitely need to have a cake. Hmmm, maybe some white elephant gifts for you as well? What do you think?

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday, Dear Tell. Happy Birthday to you!!! (totally sung off key, sorry)

OH HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tell!!!

*MWAH*!! Big hug too!!

I hope you don't mind, I bought you a little gift...

Now, how about a little music to set the mood a little?

Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:52:05 AM

OK, so, the table is set...

Let's congregate in the drawing room for aperitifs...

You all know how to get to my country pad, yes?

Beautiful views over the sea too...

Perhaps after dinner we can retire to the ballroom for dancing and then out to the balcony for cigars and liqueurs...
82tigress
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 11:59:17 AM

What the frick? This has got to be the weirdest ... nastiest ... bestest party i've ever been to! Thanks for the invite y'all! Btw ... i'll have some crown ... two fingers ... no ice ... por favor.

"When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them." -Marilyn Monroe
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:03:41 PM

OK, I got all my shopping done. Thanks for all your help, Under. Sorry I had to confiscate your camera!! Tsk Tsk

Tigress, welcome to the party!! Glad you could make it!!! Thanks for the music! I'm sure one of the bartenders would be happy to help you with your drink!

Mazz, everything looks beautiful. Lovely job!

My dress:

My shoes:

My...err...umm...lingerie. Yes, I know big surprise:

What is everyone else wearing? We need to see you dressed from head to toe. Ladies, how is your hair styled? Men, what type of cologne are you wearing? We need music, appetizer, and cocktail suggestions as well!
lafayettemister
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:04:40 PM

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:22:15 PM

Welcome tigress!! Hug!!

Ooh LM! you made it!! Don't you cut a dash, you look good enough to eat!!!

Mwah!!
82tigress
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:24:32 PM

imma wear this ...

"When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them." -Marilyn Monroe
bill11
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:31:48 PM

Mazza / CG you have done such a great job the tables and the room look wonderful, can not wait for the party to begin

82tigress
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:45:42 PM

hey everybody ... Thriller!!

subside
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:49:18 PM

Mazza, that is a perfect choice for the music for this evenings festivities.

Dirty_D
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:56:41 PM

since this is a lush party, are these accessories to much?
82tigress
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:58:18 PM

Oooo you brought Dita Von Teese to the party LOL

Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:59:03 PM

Mazza, CG, what can I say, thanks girls, and Mazza, perhaps we can christen the back seat later, I'll bring the Champers.

Cheers All!Pour Wine Pour Wine Pour Wine
bill11
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:00:40 PM

Well i selected this vest and matching jacket, so now just waiting for the party time,

Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:04:57 PM

What about some trousers bill? Or at least some underwear!
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 1:22:07 PM

Since I'm into heavy metal, I thought I would post this toned down version of one of my favorite Metallica songs to set the mood a little! ;)

Tigress, thanks for posting some MJ. We were certainly missing him in the 80's retro party yesterday.

LM and Bill, you are both looking very dapper.

NN, thanks for bringing Dita. She looks like she's all dressed up for the dinner party.

Tell, glad you enjoyed your birthday wishes. Here is your first White Elephant gift. It was the most ridiculous thing I could find. Seemed Lush appropriate:

bill11
Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:30:28 PM

I let the dance band in, they arrived to set up -

Posted: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:42:48 PM

Erm, Well thanks CG, I have the perfect place for it. You're so clever!

Recipe;
LONG draught of lemonade, SLOE gin, southern COMFORT, and aTWIST of lemon. for,
A Long Slow Comfortable Scew.

What a birthday,
CHEERS girls, you're the best.XX