Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

This is so very disturbing. Probably on the verge of child abuse. Options · View
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:00:08 PM

I saw him and his father on tv today. His father is a pastor, and he is imitating Daddy. If Daddy worked in construction, he would probably be pounding nails with a hammer. Lighten up, people. He's just a kid having fun, and I don't see any evidence of him being forced.
ToXiCFuN84
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:05:14 PM

Hes been preaching since age 1, Watching this story on nat geo, he's not the only one, there's more.....

There is a thin line between bravery & stupidity.......Don't cross it!
Take time to live, love and dream!!
You have been a naughty boy.........Now go to my room!!!

joanne84
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:05:53 PM

I'm curious as to what National Geographic show this video clip came from. It would be nice to see the whole documentary. Tends to get misleading when we're only shown this small clip.
Posted: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 8:14:33 PM

Pint -Sized Preachers

Seems it's on right now. Get the popcorn ready.
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:57:26 AM

Another example of a child being out of her depth in a topic. Notice when she uses "finger quotes" and when she mentions the Creator...

And now a "child's" view on Euthanasia

[youtube width=560 height=345]http://www.youtube.com/embed/q6tAgJStVlo[/youtube]

Do we think this girl did all this research and became so involved and has such strong opinions on her own? Or was she coached and prodded and brainwashed by her folks? Yes, these two videos are sensational. Children on the front lines of religion and life and death issues just seems out of bounds. Do they have the right to raise their kids however they see fit.. yes. Within reason of course. But I don't have to like it. And I still can and do believe it is irresponsible parenting. I know I'm in the minority, but it's how I feel on the subject. Good points made by many have softened my resistance to it, but not completely.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:10:59 AM

Here's the other video that didn't post above...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 8:45:13 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:
LittleMissBitch wrote:
seriously good points. however there is still the fact remains that no child of 4 years old is qualified or gifted enough to preach. golf and music lie within the purview of a child, being a spiritual leader does not. so there is a difference.

I theorize that all organized ( or disorganized is probably more appropriate a term ) religions are full of brain dead cultists. Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddist, and the Scientologists...yanno basically the big five and the 23002 other cults.

The very fact that a 4 year old child is encouraged to lead his own peers (meaning other children) with evangelizing...pretty much paints my theory in vivid splendor.

If these nutballs want to toss this stupid crap out and show their true colors to the rest of the world...I'm all for that shit, man. It lets me know where to keep my eyes peeled for future troubles.

Christian Zealots, Militant Zionists and Muslim radicals have to come from somewhere...they don't just suddenly wake up one day as a 16 to 56 year old backpack bomber or a race baiting assassin...or do they?

In this particular incidence...I won't pass judgement on the kid nor his parents, until he grows up and decides that the best way to get his message across is to blow an airliner out of the sky or pull a Columbine. And as far as I know, we don't have Minority Report style technology available at present.

Give'em a break. In my world, even kooks are allowed to live their life the way they wish (until they piss on the snow in my front yard).

seriously jeff? so then this girls mom gets a pass too?

preacher kid is just as gross as this. and im thinking now that i wonder if the mothers of these two kids ever dreamed that the images of their children, that they have so happily shared with the world, would end up on a sex site. no, im sorry...this is simply bad parenting to parade your child as an adult, to make them act like one before its their time and i think both of these kids are going to be 29 kinds of fucked up in about 15 years.
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 9:33:34 AM

No her parents do not get a pass. and frankly i don't think his do either. toddlers in tiaras is one of the scariest fucking things i have ever seen just the previews make me want round up and arrest all of the parents involved. its fucking sick. the kid in the video seems passionate as do a lot of the tiara wearing toddlers however that doesn't make it right for the parents to encourage or allow the behavior. in many instances the parents initiate it as a kid who is 2 years old is to0 young to decide to preach or be in pageants and that is where i draw the line he seems brainwashed its not acceptable. i don't know where national geographic fits in to this but their logo is in the bottom corner of the video. does anyone know if their is a series on their channel like "From Womb to Pew" or something fucked up like that? anyway the parents have a responsibility and in both cases the parents failed
WellMadeMale
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 9:51:20 AM

LittleMissBitch wrote:

seriously jeff? so then this girls mom gets a pass too?

preacher kid is just as gross as this. and im thinking now that i wonder if the mothers of these two kids ever dreamed that the images of their children, that they have so happily shared with the world, would end up on a sex site. no, im sorry...this is simply bad parenting to parade your child as an adult, to make them act like one before its their time and i think both of these kids are going to be 29 kinds of fucked up in about 15 years.

My experience with this whack practice of a Parent projecting themselves into their daughter's life, is real. I dated/mated and lived with a young woman who was 24 when I met her. I spent nearly 5 years with her on a 24x7 living with basis.

Her adoptive mother use to doll her up, from the age of seven and put her in those toddler beauty pageants. She spent the last few years of her childhood and all of her teen years...entering pageants and being put on display.

Suzette had some issues (not having any close female friends being one of those). She was ultra competitive and very outspoken and could be intimidating to men and more than a handful of women. But, aside from those 'things' she was not requiring medication to live a 'normal' life...nor was she a psychologically damaged in any way that I could tell. She sort of resented being on display as a child, but in her mid to late teen years enjoyed that lifestyle very much. She 'retired' at 20, losing out on a Miss State winning note (1st runner up) and called that part of her life - quits. Went to college, got a fine degree and started her enjoyable and profitable career as a 4th gen computer language programmer. So...this affects some differently than others. This fed her ego during her teen years, and she was not really an ego-maniac when I met her 4 years later.

Her mother, a licensed and practicing psychologist in the state of Missouri...was one fucking extremely crazy beyotch. I can only imagine her professional advice.

I don't agree with the practice, LMB. I think it's horrid. But I think that parental incest is extremely fucking sick. Pushing your kid(s) into every sport in the world from the age of 6 or 7...is also, I think...over-fucking-doing things. Living your life through your kids is something we all see and recognize.

Some things are far worse than other things. And that's were we as a society should concentrate our eradication effo
rts.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
Posted: Thursday, August 18, 2011 10:16:01 AM

WellMadeMale wrote:

I don't agree with the practice, LMB. I think it's horrid. But I think that parental incest is extremely fucking sick. Pushing your kid(s) into every sport in the world from the age of 6 or 7...is also, I think...over-fucking-doing things. Living your life through your kids is something we all see and recognize.

Some things are far worse than other things. And that's were we as a society should concentrate our eradication effo[/size]rts.

i could not agree more. and i take your point...there are far worse things. in fact i think this is all just another manifestation of our degrading society. that said, just because there are worse things going on doesnt mean we should let this just slide. if those in society who find this uncomfortable or just down right wrong dont stand up and say "hey thats fucked up" how will we ever change as a people?

never will i not make my voice and opinion heard on a subject because there are worse things...if we did that, no one would ever say anything.
Posted: Friday, August 26, 2011 9:48:14 PM

Now this is child abuse.

I didn't know Evian had the spirit. Luckily, the camp was closed...for now.
Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2011 5:23:10 AM

love the arabic subtitles. wow, people r nuts.
Posted: Sunday, August 28, 2011 8:19:39 AM

Yup, loved that constant subtle parallel which Large Marge herself draws. Except for the "War on Drugs" I can't remember a war that didn't involve, I'm right, you're wrong.
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2011 4:55:16 PM

oh here we go...we just loove this!!

4 year old wears fake boobs to win pageant!
Jingle
Posted: Friday, September 02, 2011 8:00:05 PM

That Jesus Camp thing was... holy shit. There were so many points in there that struck me as too much for little kids... Too much for even adults. And when that woman said 70% of kids leave Christianity when they're teenagers, all I could think was, well, that's their choice. Maybe they can see that something doesn't fit in that religion for them. But her answer to that 'problem' is to start camps like they do in the east? In my opinion, those camps are brainwashing machines. If a kid makes a choice to not be something, we shouldn't be brainwashing them into making them what we believe is right. confused1

WellMadeMale
Posted: Saturday, September 03, 2011 10:04:54 AM

LittleMissBitch wrote:
oh here we go...we just loove this!!

4 year old wears fake boobs to win pageant!

I had no idea there was an actual reality program called Toddlers and Tiaras. Thankfully.

This is just Fucked Up The Ass

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
sluttykitty85
Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 11:28:54 AM

I have yet to see anything so dangerous as religion, but this is beyond disturbing.

Really, sex and laughter do go very well together, and I wondered - and I still do - which is more important.
standingbear
Posted: Friday, September 09, 2011 2:28:46 PM

This kid reminds me of Marjoe Gortner, who was a child evangelist in the fifties and was the subject of the film "Marjoe" in 1971. He was trained by his parents to preach purely for money making purposes. He reentered the field of evangelism later in life and used the film to expose the reality behind his ministry. I found it on YouTube, but I won't post it here because it's too long for one thing and is probably copyrighted for another. But it's worth watching. It may seem a little outdated, but I doubt that things have changed much.

"Happiness is doing it rotten your own way."Isaac Asimov (1994)
eddy1893
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 1:59:30 AM

naughtynurse wrote:
monkey see monkey doo....

the scarey part about religous people is that they all BELIEVE they have right on their side.

amen
Michael
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 4:53:03 AM

"So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her."

That being said, I cannot cast stones at the children or their parents. But, thus perhaps they need to live by these words.

I do not desire to be led by others.

Therius
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 8:51:08 AM

Not even viewable in Denmark, so must be something really disturbing.
TJRogue
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 1:41:58 PM

I watched this video and found a happy young boy that was mimicking his pastor. He was not coerced or coached during the video. It was a “performance”, much like I’ve seen videos of children mimicking rock stars by “performing” their music in the living room, only in this case the living room had a group of church friends that clearly knew and loved this boy and cheered him on. I’m guessing that he has done this in private and was then offered the chance to do it publically. That wouldn’t be my choice but I’m not his father. If he were part of a larger group performing (such as a church Christmas pageant) would you find it more tasteful, less objectionable? Of do you just not like “religious zealots?”

I am seriously disturbed that so many of you think that you have a right to tell parents how to raise their children and more importantly, what values they should or shouldn’t instill in them. You don’t want this kids parents to use the government to force you to raise your children with their value system so why do you think it’s okay to use the government to force them toyou’re your value system (not to mention a suggestion that the parents should be put into jail, for child abuse is a crime)? And seriously, to compare this to parents that train their children to strap bombs on their backs and blow up people in terrorist plots? Get real.

The law is very clear. Parents have the right to raise their children as they deem fit. Abuse is limited to cases of abandonment; physical or sexual abuse; deprivation of food, clothing or shelter; withholding of special care made necessary by the child’s physical, mental or emotional condition; dangerous environments (such as exposing children to criminal activity); or emotional maltreatment where there is consistent, deliberate infliction of mental harm by a parent that has an observable sustained adverse effect on the child.

Do you really want to argue that this religious upbringing is emotional maltreatment? Or perhaps you think a religious environment is by definition a dangerous one? We have lost the ability to say that we don’t like something or declare that something is stupid without jumping to the threat of criminal sanctions instead. If it’s abuse to let the kid “preach” if he wants to what’s next, is it abuse to teach him the religious views that the parent’s hold dearly? Or is it only abuse when the parents teach their children religious beliefs that you don’t like?

The threating of abuse charges to these parents is a totalitarian response if ever I have heard one. I shudder to think that you are willing to throw out our Frist Amendment rights away so easily.
Head
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2011 8:17:37 AM

The vid wont work in the UK for some reason, but I get the idea of what's happening by the comments. I have no opposition of any religion, so long as its not forced upon anybody. No offence to anybody, but bible bashing really annoys me, and to see kids doing it, is even worse, i don't for one second think children have any real concept of what the bible is, let alone to preach it to other people, we don't let children drive, drink, smoke, vote and many other things, WHY ??? Because they are not old enough or mature enough to understand. That being said if people wish to sit there, and be preached at by a child who can hardly wipe his own arse, then who am I to say he cant or should not do it.
PLEASE NOTE these are my personal views and are not intended to upset anyone of and religion here on lush.
Posted: Sunday, November 06, 2011 10:48:55 AM