last reply
18 replies
3.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hi Lushies,

How do you get to be on the Featured Members area on the home page?

I don't know if I missed seeing myself but there is someone on there today who has been a member for 4 days and had twice as many hits as I have in six weeks.

Ok, she is younger, better looking, and not as bitter and twisted as me. In fact, as she is so popular I will send her a friend request!

Love

Cupid XxX
Lurker
0 likes
yeah, I think its some kind of favouritism by Gav ...... he likes 'em young and hot!

(well, I guess they all like 'em young and hot!)

Lurker
0 likes
There is already a thread on this - as far as I know it's totally at random - all women and one male member (sometimes two)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TheScottishGal
There is already a thread on this - as far as I know it's totally at random - all women and one male member (sometimes two)

hahaha ..... so not random ..... but thanks for playing! LOL
Lurker
0 likes
I am young and Hot LOL and i don't think i have ever been on it!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Yahtzee
Quote by TheScottishGal

hahaha ..... so not random ..... but thanks for playing! LOL

Man, I'm so gullible!!
Rocker of the cocker
0 likes
Quote by cupid69
Hi Lushies,

How do you get to be on the Featured Members area on the home page?

I don't know if I missed seeing myself but there is someone on there today who has been a member for 4 days and had twice as many hits as I have in six weeks.

Ok, she is younger, better looking, and not as bitter and twisted as me. In fact, as she is so popular I will send her a friend request!

Love

Cupid XxX

Here you go..

Quote by gav
it is based on profile views. The list is generated every 4 hours from 7 members with the highest number of profile views records during the previous 4 hours and a token male.

Hope this helps.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Yahtzee
yeah, I think its some kind of favouritism by Gav ...... he likes 'em young and hot!

(well, I guess they all like 'em young and hot!)

Young and hot? Now I know why I'm never there.
Lurker
0 likes
......and I''m not young and I've been on there, so it must be random, or they were desperate LOL
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
If you post stories, you will greatly increase how often you appear on the list. Most people who read an interesting story will want to check out the profile of the author.

If your story is recently posted, chances are high that you will have an accumulated number of views in a shorter period of time.

If you don't post stories and want to appear on this list more often, then try posting more in the forum or creating a photo album on your profile. When people see that you've posted new pics in their status feed, they are more likely to click on your profile to check them out.

Never forget... if you pimp your profile, they will come.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
If you post stories, you will greatly increase how often you appear on the list. Most people who read an interesting story will want to check out the profile of the author.

If your story is recently posted, chances are high that you will have an accumulated number of views in a shorter period of time.

If you don't post stories and want to appear on this list more often, then try posting more in the forum or creating a photo album on your profile. When people see that you've posted new pics in their status feed, they are more likely to click on your profile to check them out.

Never forget... if you pimp your profile, they will come.

Thanks DD ..... random is not random! smile
0 likes
Token Male?
Seriously a "Token Male"

I feel cheap, like the last one chosen for the team.
So being the "Token Male" is like being a "Mercy F**k"?
Lurker
0 likes
I was a featured member for roughly 48 hours, after Lush V2 booted up...

I'm assuming that was some sort of mistake? Like, I got all my feats at once?

lol
0 likes
ScottishGal,

You do have a very nice "feat"
Lurker
0 likes
Going back .... way back ... in the early days of Lush, before the implementation of the "featured members" ... there was a contest for "The Attention Whore" to see who would get the most views in an allotted time frame. It was WAY tougher then to get views with a much smaller rooster of members! lol

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst6574_100-Attention-Whore-Profile-View-Competition.aspx

Here was the results: http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst6844_The-Attention-Whore-winner-is.aspx
Lurker
0 likes
lol, no I'm back again! hahahaha
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TheScottishGal
lol, no I'm back again! hahahaha

pimp, pimp, pimp!!
Lurker
0 likes
Bwahaahah - I am SO going to whore those forums!!!
Lurker
0 likes
I got my 4200views the hard way lol. I think it's unfair lol. You know the token male was added cause if there wasn't it would always be women lol.
Reverse sexism? cry *puts on my flame proof suit of armor*
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Garza
I got my 4200views the hard way lol. I think it's unfair lol. You know the token male was added cause if there wasn't it would always be women lol.
Reverse sexism? cry *puts on my flame proof suit of armor*

be careful what you wish for, Garaz, the cons of being a 'popular female Lushie' far out weigh having your picture on the home page. i'd be happy to let you navigate through some of the messages, chat box requests, and chat room whispers that are a part of life for many of us woman if you'd like. really, you should spend a week here as a hottie and get a little taste of it - it's eye opening. smile

oh, and for the record, i think i earned my 76,000+ views the hard way too, by posting a lot on the forums, by being a presence in the chat rooms, and by writing a LOT of stories exclusively for Lush - believe me, they don't just write them selves - i've put a lot of hard work and time into entertaining people here. :)

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by TheScottishGal
I was a featured member for roughly 48 hours, after Lush V2 booted up...

I'm assuming that was some sort of mistake? Like, I got all my feats at once?

lol

So was I, at first I was wondering why I had a ton of messages for add requests but then I realized I was still on the featured members
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The favourites etc all seem to be incest! hard to get anywhere really, I guess posting for months might get one noticed!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I would like to take a shot at the Featured Member page too! I mean I guess I'm not young...but I think I am still hot!
Lurker
0 likes
Well if that's how you get on the featured list I must have been very lucky I've hit it a couple of times and I'm certainly not on the young side more the milf direction

Cupsfulofred you would be up there as one of my fav women Along with debbydare and sweet sprite
Lurker
0 likes
laughing , gaz you have a sense of humour , im up there again xxx
Matriarch
0 likes
I think we should have a 50/50 split, males and females.

That seems fairer.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I think we should have a 50/50 split, males and females.

That seems fairer.

I think that would be very fair Even fairer-er, have a permanent slot for the one and only Frank_Lee
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Fugs

I think that would be very fair Even fairer-er, have a permanent slot for the one and only Frank_Lee

When does he fly in?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
4,200+ views... WOW Garza, how does that happen? You started after me and have 3x the views.
I've written a few stories, I've posted extremely witty forum responses and my video collection are to die for.
yet *sniff* only 1300 views. Oh woe is me...
Maybe this isn't a site for cat people.