Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The Worst Thing That Has Been Said To You Options · View
Guest
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 2:18:16 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
Seeing as there was an earlier topic for compliments, I thought that I would go the other way.

I have been chubby for most of my life and years ago a group of us at work were talking about beauty etc and I said that I had always looked after my skin, one girl turned round, looked me up and down and said "No good looking after your skin, if you don't look after your body".

I was mortified.

So what catty comments have you had said to you?
Guest
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 3:06:33 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
I have full lips and when I was a kid, I was always being teased about them. I used to get get called Mick Jagger a lot by certain people but I remember this boy in school I really liked called me it too one day. I was heartbroken and so upset by this that I cried when I got home from school.
Just no need for nastiness to others. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
Guest
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 3:51:25 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
PussyGalour wrote:
I have full lips and when I was a kid, I was always being teased about them. I used to get get called Mick Jagger a lot by certain people but I remember this boy in school I really liked called me it too one day. I was heartbroken and so upset by this that I cried when I got home from school.
Just no need for nastiness to others. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.


What a sod, no need for that. We are what we are, trouble is now I have learned to foresee comments and now I sound critical of myself. No win situation!!!
Guest
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 5:52:50 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
Honestly i think i've had a lot of bad things said to me, I used to get bullied a lot.
TheDevilsWeakness
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 7:40:34 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 7/19/2011
Posts: 1,341
Location: I'm the girl that your father hoped he could date.
I've always been tall and skinny. I think Mommy Long Legs was the nicest name I was called. When I got older, they got meaner...
I was told by guys, fucking me would be like fucking a rake or a twig or a clothes hanger and I'd probably snap in half.
The girls were worse tho. They used to ask me, every day, how many times I barfed.
Anorexic, Bulemic, Barf Bag Princess, Chew and Spew, all kinds of mean things.
It got to the point the guidance counsellors and school nurse got involved and tried to send me off for counselling and therapy at a mental institution for my "eating disorder"

A person's weight should never matter - big or small - calling them fat OR skinny is hurtful

freakycactus
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 8:29:28 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 5/12/2010
Posts: 410
Location: On my cloud, United Kingdom
NaughtyAnn wrote:
What a sod, no need for that. We are what we are, trouble is now I have learned to foresee comments and now I sound critical of myself. No win situation!!!


This is exactly what I do.

I was bullied a lot, at all ages, so all the nasty and hurtful comments blurred together. Then there were the other comments and nicknames like Tit-tanic (I developed early), that weren't part of the bullying, but still hurt.

The worst instance I can think of was during an English lesson, a boy hurled abuse at me for about 15 minutes, 'fat', 'ugly', 'stupid', 'lazy', 'thick', and the worst thing was, no one did anything.

flashytone
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 8:50:50 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 6/15/2011
Posts: 870
Location: In a great place ;-), United Kingdom
I came in for a lot of ignorant racist abuse when I was a kid growing up in an all white provincial town, I'm Indian by origin... there were good people there too but it took me a long time to realise that the ignorant ones knew no better!
Guest
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 10:32:29 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
There are a lot of cruel people in the world and I don't know whether it is because they think they are being superior, clever or what, but it just isn't funny.
sillyndelicious
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 11:10:45 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/14/2011
Posts: 161
PussyGalour wrote:
I have full lips and when I was a kid, I was always being teased about them. I used to get get called Mick Jagger a lot by certain people but I remember this boy in school I really liked called me it too one day. I was heartbroken and so upset by this that I cried when I got home from school.
Just no need for nastiness to others. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.


got this, well i have a lil above average on lip size too, so yeah they're mean with calling it, and i was short too, (still actually, just not as short as i was, even a bit taller than some of them now) and was called with shorty kind of nickname. which was a bad naming. i grew up with lack of confidence til now. I know now that some guys adore me, and I shouldn't be ashamed of myself. And got a boyfriend that loves me, so I'm good. :)
Guest
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 11:46:55 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
sillyndelicious wrote:
PussyGalour wrote:
I have full lips and when I was a kid, I was always being teased about them. I used to get get called Mick Jagger a lot by certain people but I remember this boy in school I really liked called me it too one day. I was heartbroken and so upset by this that I cried when I got home from school.
Just no need for nastiness to others. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.


got this, well i have a lil above average on lip size too, so yeah they're mean with calling it, and i was short too, (still actually, just not as short as i was, even a bit taller than some of them now) and was called with shorty kind of nickname. which was a bad naming. i grew up with lack of confidence til now. I know now that some guys adore me, and I shouldn't be ashamed of myself. And got a boyfriend that loves me, so I'm good. :)


Glad that you have got over it now, I am now 66 and it is only recently that I have got over all of the nasty jibes and I am happy with life now.
Guest
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 11:58:00 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
I remember a lot of hurtful things... from a lot of people lol
But when I was in grade 6, I added on a lot of weight in grade 5 and 6 because of emotional problems... parents getting divorced etc.
All the guys called me names and I clearly remember being called Jigglypuff. For a while, I tried to ignore it and think.. "hey, it's because I can sing" or sumthing...
but then on my birthday, everyone in the beginning of the year draws a card and when it's your birthday you get one filled out by everyone...
when my birthdai came around, everyone signed it.. and when I looked at, I just broke down and cried because it was full of rude comments...
the teacher found out and gave them all detention... and I actually felt bad for them... oh well
Guest
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 12:53:24 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
CutiiePiie wrote:
I remember a lot of hurtful things... from a lot of people lol
But when I was in grade 6, I added on a lot of weight in grade 5 and 6 because of emotional problems... parents getting divorced etc.
All the guys called me names and I clearly remember being called Jigglypuff. For a while, I tried to ignore it and think.. "hey, it's because I can sing" or sumthing...
but then on my birthday, everyone in the beginning of the year draws a card and when it's your birthday you get one filled out by everyone...
when my birthdai came around, everyone signed it.. and when I looked at, I just broke down and cried because it was full of rude comments...
the teacher found out and gave them all detention... and I actually felt bad for them... oh well


That was really nasty of them, they were in the wrong not you.
Bunny12
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 1:00:46 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/2/2009
Posts: 1,008
Location: My own little world, United States
I was told by a few people that "your a strong women and your sister is going to be just fine" when she was in the middle of dieing from stage 4 ovarian cancer which there is no cure for. People are fucking idiots and those people right after spouting those words of wisdom magically disappeared from sight go figure! That horrid episode in life showed me who my real friends are.

Bunny12


Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Guest
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 1:05:52 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
Bunny12 wrote:
I was told by a few people that "your a strong women and your sister is going to be just fine" when she was in the middle of dieing from stage 4 ovarian cancer which there is no cure for. People are fucking idiots and those people right after spouting those words of wisdom magically disappeared from sight go figure! That horrid episode in life showed me who my real friends are.


Yes, in situations like that you definitely know who your friends are. I know this is different, but when I split up from my husband it was amazing the friends that disappeared. At least I have good ones now and hope you have as well.
Jack_42
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 1:19:55 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/21/2009
Posts: 1,016
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
My ex said my youngest son is contemptuous of me and my eldest is indifferent.
Jack_42
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 1:24:25 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 8/21/2009
Posts: 1,016
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
OOps didn't realise it was a question for females only.
Guest
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 1:34:18 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
Jack_42 wrote:
OOps didn't realise it was a question for females only.



LOL - no problem, I do things like that at times, usually because I am not concentrating.
MMonroe
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 3:36:28 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 4/10/2009
Posts: 1,893
Location: United Kingdom
freakycactus wrote:
NaughtyAnn wrote:
What a sod, no need for that. We are what we are, trouble is now I have learned to foresee comments and now I sound critical of myself. No win situation!!!



The worst instance I can think of was during an English lesson, a boy hurled abuse at me for about 15 minutes, 'fat', 'ugly', 'stupid', 'lazy', 'thick', and the worst thing was, no one did anything.


I used to get bullied quite a lot at school and like cactus, once got about 15 minutes worth of abuse thrown at me, during which NO ONE said anything to this guy. I had quite low self esteem for a while after that and thinking about it brings it back sometimes.

The funny this is, me n my friend weren't the 'popular' girls at school although we had enough proper friends in our group. Now we've grown up, we've filled out well etc and some of the more popular ones.... well theyve gained weight and had kids :D Now, guys we knew from school will try it on when they see us but really.... after being ignored and/or bullied at school? Dont think so somehow



*Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullshit in order to be comfortable?*



albertagirl
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 5:27:34 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/28/2010
Posts: 449
Location: The Great White North
I can relate to everyone of you here, with the name calling, the rudeness. As a child in school I used to get called all kinds so funky things because of my last name, it was Barnes so you can guess the names I was called due to that. Then I was an early developer by the time I was 9 I had to wear a bra and so then I got the hey falsie names. As my self confidence went out the window my weight went up the cruelest thing that was ever said to me was a little chant the kids in school used to sing at me.
Fatty fatty 2x4 couldnt get through the kitchen door, so her momma kept her in the Barn with
the rest of the cows.
My mother moved me from that school but it still hurt.
I'm still heavy and it took me years to realize that people only say and do nasty things to make themselves look and feel better.


It has been scientifically proven that any woman can be satisfied with only 3 1/2 inches --- and it doesn't matter if it is Visa or Mastercard
Guest
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 5:31:17 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
Hugs Damn, people/kids can be so horrible! :(

I wasn't necessarily bullied in school; however, in 4th or 5th grade we studied Greek mythology and some ass-head boy decided it would be a great idea to call me...wait for it...wait for it...Medusa because of my hair!! Grrrrrrr So, this fabulous nickname stuck around for the whole year. :( I did the only thing I could, which was ignore it and it eventually stopped. I can laugh at myself about it now, and I've gone as Medusa for a Halloween costume for a few years. evil4 That year really sucked. Funny enough, I've forgotten the names of most of the kids I went to school with during that year, but I haven't forgotten that shit's name! angry7
shawnababy
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 10:16:51 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 2/4/2011
Posts: 321
Location: United States
When a young man at a department store said, "Ma'am I am sorry we don't have that shoe in your size." AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH.
Guest
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2011 11:48:17 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
im still answering this even tho it say ask the gals (didnt notice that part till after i posted Embarassed )

easy it happened to me near the end of last month. some guy threatened my by saying "I'm going to kill you"
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 12:01:39 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
Thinking back to my school days I did get teased a lot, but it has continued through my adult life and it is only since I have retired and no longer have to be in a work environment that I can now be amongst the people I choose to be with.
Wholelottarosie
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:34:30 AM

Rank: Active Ink Slinger

Joined: 9/15/2010
Posts: 45
Location: A secret location somewhere in, United Kingdom
When I was 15 I had an acne problem. I tried to ignore it but I was out with friends when one of the lads from school came over to us and chatted. He turned to me and asked me if anyone had ever told me I had skin like a peach. Being naive at the time I blushed and said no. He turned to his pals and said:

"Have you ever seen the skin on a 15 year old peach?"

He walked off with his friends laughing, I went outside and cried for what felt like forever.

crybaby crybaby crybaby
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 11:20:23 AM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
Wholelottarosie wrote:
When I was 15 I had an acne problem. I tried to ignore it but I was out with friends when one of the lads from school came over to us and chatted. He turned to me and asked me if anyone had ever told me I had skin like a peach. Being naive at the time I blushed and said no. He turned to his pals and said:

"Have you ever seen the skin on a 15 year old peach?"

He walked off with his friends laughing, I went outside and cried for what felt like forever.

crybaby crybaby crybaby


Little sods, hope someone was just as cruel to him one day.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 12:04:35 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
I am sure it's not the worst thing that has been said to me but it's one of the harshest things
that has been said to me. I was in the admitting nurses station being prepped for surgery (DNC had
just found out my 3 child had died and I was 4 mo pregnant) I of course
was crying my eyes out and the nurse that was helping me get my paperwork and other
things together told me ...oh there there you're young and will have more kids you people
always have more....... I quickly stopped crying and demanded another nurse!!! crybaby crybaby

Guest
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 7:56:35 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
I have a very long list of stuff like this but ones that have stuck are: "You are the biggest disappointment. You can never do anything right. Life would be better if you werent around. No one would notice If you never showed up again. You are worthless. No matter who you are with you will always be the ugly one in the group. You are not a part of this family"
pet-player
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 2:15:00 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/2/2011
Posts: 324
Location: under your bed
HunterNoel wrote:
I have a very long list of stuff like this but ones that have stuck are: "You are the biggest disappointment. You can never do anything right. Life would be better if you werent around. No one would notice If you never showed up again. You are worthless. No matter who you are with you will always be the ugly one in the group. You are not a part of this family"


Is the person who said so an idiot or what?

When the shoe is fit the feet are forgoten :Osho
Guest
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 2:19:32 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
HunterNoel wrote:
I have a very long list of stuff like this but ones that have stuck are: "You are the biggest disappointment. You can never do anything right. Life would be better if you werent around. No one would notice If you never showed up again. You are worthless. No matter who you are with you will always be the ugly one in the group. You are not a part of this family"


That sounds like a quote from a parent - don't get me started on that subject.
Guest
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 2:24:35 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 675,722
NaughtyAnn wrote:


That sounds like a quote from a parent - don't get me started on that subject.


That sounds like a terrible parent angry7 crybaby
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.