0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
shawshank redemption or forrest gump?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Shawshank

Forrest Gump is just a commercial rehash of Little Big Man - now THAT is a film
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
I'll pick Shawshank. I love Stephen King! Forrest Gump is good, too, but Shawshank is much better!
Lurker
0 likes
That's like asking, "What's better? A toaster or a trombone?" They're too different to compare.
Clever Gem
0 likes
Shawshank.
Stephen King! Much better. Loved the geology analogy of pressure and time in relation to the prison escape. Clever Andy, loved that film.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by zzthex79
That's like asking, "What's better? A toaster or a trombone?" They're too different to compare.

I have to agree. FG was good for what it is/was. Tom Hanks is a good actor.

Thing is with King, I read his books long before they're made into movies and have my mind set on what the people should look/sound like. Also that the movie should be exact to the book. Which it almost never is.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by zzthex79

Totally Agree. Such Different Films, But Both Very Good.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm not really sure how you can even compare these two films... but as someone who doesn't like Tom Hanks, except in The Green Mile, where i think he was amazing, i would most defiantly say Shawshank. I really didn't like Forest Gump, it just isn't my kind of film.

Ice cream + Candy = Yummy
Matriarch
0 likes
Picking a better movie, is like a box of chocolates...

Shawshank for me. Morgan Freeman and Tim Robins were amazing in it. Forest Gump was a little too canned for my taste.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by zzthex79

Well, since you ask..... A Trombone, obviously.... ;-) xx SF
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by stephanie
Quote by zzthex79

Them's fighting words! It has to be toaster *rolls up sleeves*
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Lurker
0 likes
Shawshank Redemption
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
Quote by stephanie
Quote by zzthex79

Yeah, you can't put bacon on a trombone.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
YAY! Go Team Toaster!

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hard to compare the 2 different movies me though I'd have to say Shawshenk but both good in their own right
“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.”~Frank Sinatra~
Lurker
0 likes
I guess I started the war, so I should weigh in. TOASTER!!!!!!!! You can't plug in a trombone and drop it in the bathtub with your wife when you've just had enough of her.

Wow, that was horrible.

I don't want to kill my wife.

But, a trombone doesn't look nice on a kitchen countertop and a toaster is quieter.

Seriously. Toaster.

GO TEAM TOASTER!!!!!!
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Pulp Fiction was a better movie than both Forrest Gump and Shawshank Redemption but it lost out on most of the oscars that year... Especially when you see the influence Pulp Fiction left in it's wake.
Lurker
0 likes
I love both films! But Shawshank is the better of the two in my opinion due to a better plot and better acting/actors!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Shawshank without a second's thought. If it was Shawshank vs The Green Mile then decision would have been more difficult.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by BustyMinx
Shawshank without a second's thought. If it was Shawshank vs The Green Mile then decision would have been more difficult.

I would have to agree with you there!
Lurker
0 likes
Ugh!! Never watch anything with Tom Hanks in it!
Lurker
0 likes
Shawshank. There isn't really a choice.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Quote by overmykneenow
Quote by stephanie
Quote by zzthex79

Yeah, you can't put bacon on a trombone.

But You CAN toast bread even if you don't have a toaster..... But you can't make a noise like a trombone if you don't have a trombone..... (or a serious medical condition.....)

This is turning into The COURT oF APPEAL!!!!!! xxxxxxxx SF
Lurker
0 likes
Shawshank
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like both movies for what they are. That said, Shawshank is in my personal Top 5. But my favorite corny movie quotes come from Forrest Gump.
In-House Sapiosexual
0 likes
Both are great, but Forrest Gump is timeless and interesting to every age group.
? A True Story ?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by stephanie

But You CAN toast bread even if you don't have a toaster..... But you can't make a noise like a trombone if you don't have a trombone..... (or a serious medical condition.....)

This is turning into The COURT oF APPEAL!!!!!! xxxxxxxx SF

My neighbor blows his nose like a trombone. Some days it's a trumpet though.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is it too late to vote for Boondocks Saints?
Lurker
0 likes
Gotta say I agree with the majority. Ain't it funny how if King isn't involved in the production aspect of a flick based on his book, it's awesome, but when he is it usually sucks? So which King based movie is the best?

My money is on "The Shining." However, I think the cards are stacked considering Kubrick has his wicked hands in on that one.
Lurker
0 likes
Shawshank Redemption