Inversion Tables

last reply
8 replies
1.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Anyone use an Inversion Table? (Oh, I know, some of you are thinking it's a new type of sex swing thingy! hehehe)

I have for a number of years used an Inversion Table for "self adjustments" on my spine after recovering from a long sciatic injury while snowboarding. Along with my yoga and pilates ... this seems to help my core staying flexible and strong.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am very interested in hearing responses. I have a compressed disc, that bears on the sciatic nerve, and have often wondered if one of those would help on those days when I can't stand up straight.
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DLizze
I am very interested in hearing responses. I have a compressed disc, that bears on the sciatic nerve, and have often wondered if one of those would help on those days when I can't stand up straight.

I think it has been a huge help for me. The hanging allows the spine to "stretch" in a softer relaxed way as the gravity just gently pulls the discs/bones, relieving the pressures. I have not HAD to get into a chiropractor for about 5 years now. smile

A great $200 spent, in my opinion.
Lurker
0 likes
The trainers office at my school has one but I have never used it. I know my grandma uses one and has spoke very highly of it. One Thanksgiving I was asked to go find where nanna had disappeared to, this was at her house, and I found her dangling from it LOL.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think you guys have sold me. I am moving first of January. I wonder if I can find one in a "white sale"? LOL
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Tried it once very weird feeling didn't really like using it myself
“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.”~Frank Sinatra~
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by DLizze
I think you guys have sold me. I am moving first of January. I wonder if I can find one in a "white sale"? LOL

If you find one let me know.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hubby and I have used one for many years.
I would advise anyone to go to a specialty back store and try it out with someone knowledgeable about them before going the cheap route and buying an inexpensive one.

For my physique, it has helped with a condition of swayback and also been beneficial for my upper back with the weight of my large breasts. I didn't realize that I was also self-adjusting myself over time and making less visits to our chiropractor.

Hubby had a full spinal injury many years ago and has had constant pain. You would never know it as he is so active but he not only uses the inversion to relax and stretch out his muscles in his back, he now also uses it to exercise and strengthen his core by doing fully inverted sit-ups!

Kisses!

Steph