Problems with focus

last reply
4 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I posted this as a response in another forum, however, now I am thinking that maybe it fits better as its own thread:

I recently switched from coffee to tea and have been having all sorts of problems focusing, staying on task, and I am really grumpy. I don't want to go back, I want to be strong and drink what I am told is better for me, however, I am thinking I might have mild ADHD or something and the coffee has actually been helping quell that. Does anyone know if it is caffeine that subdues the symptoms of ADHD or is it just coffee, because if all I need is more caffeine in my tea, I can do that. I really don't want to have to go on any meds.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
I guess he just lost focus and wandered off... yeah, happens sometimes... what was i going to say now?

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Matriarch
0 likes
Huh?

It's easy to use drugs like caffeine to artificially pep yourself up, I did it for years prior to ditching caffeinated coffee for decaf.

Your body should naturally correct the balance after a few week's off.

I'd recommend drinking stimulating herbal teas instead, like peppermint, if you want a pick me up.

It's best to get checked out by a doctor if you seriously believe you might be ADHD.

What was the question?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Most dark teas have just as much, or more caffeine in them when brewed, as coffee. Perhaps the lack of focus you are feeling is an overload of caffeine.
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
You are going through caffeine withdraw that's all. Exact same thing happens to my hubby plus headaches when he goes off coffee and pop. Will likely take a month or more to correct itself I suggest lots of exercise and water.
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!