Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Are you more open on this site than on others? Options · View
DLizze
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 5:05:12 PM

Had an interesting discussion with a LUshie friend last night. We were saying this site is unique, in that we find ourselves being more honest about our personae on here than on other social nets, or in real life interactions. We concluded it has to do with sex being so intimate. And, as Harry said in When Harry Met Sally, "the sex always gets in the way," in real life. There is always an underlyig sexual tension. Here, that does not exist, because we get that part out of the way before anything ese. Do the rest of you Lushies feel tht way, or am I unusual?

"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 5:33:39 PM

I feel more open on this site, I think it's because in the "real" world no one generally speaks about sex openly in public.
Here you can be honest with your sexual feelings, creating an open conversation environment in my opinion.
I feel like I don't need to hide most things that I would normally do
in my everyday life here on Lush.
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 7:01:04 PM

Simple answer: Yup!

Long story short, sex and all its nuances are strong and a driving force within us. Of course, mores, social etiquette , and inhibition always stays the truth. On here though, speaking from my own perspective, I can voice what I truly find exciting, and not just about sex. A multidimensional way to express my id, and ego.

Cheers.
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 7:15:05 PM

Yes, in most ways, I am much more open on Lush than I am IRL. Any Lushie who spends times on the forums knows more about my sexual preferences than almost anyone in my real life.

On the other hand, I am very cautious about discussing aspects of my real life here, which seems to be the case for most of us. We know so much about each other, but then again so little.
JPGR64
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 7:18:49 PM

Yes I am more open here. I can't do what i really feel like doing on social media sites. plus on one know who i am here.

my2cents
fuckedsilly
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 7:19:55 PM

No I'm pretty much the same here... If we are close IRL then you already all this about me. No games, no drama from me here or in real life.

Have the courage to make the change, the strength to see it through, and keep the faith that it will turn out for the best!
WellMadeMale
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 7:22:43 PM

I'm pretty much an open book, everywhere online. And everywhere in the real world (except, perhaps...those corporations I've worked @ and for...I go out of my way to err on the side of discretion in regards to the rest of my life around colleagues).

Online though, meh...what you see is what you get. And if 'we' decide to escalate our friendship from the internet to the real world, I'm the same guy I've portrayed myself to be to you. The thing I've discovered about my online travels is that most the forums I've ever hung out in much, are specifically concerned with one core thing or interest.

I hit political commentary websites, computer-centric websites, sports related websites, UFO and paranormal websites. Lush is one of the websites I visit which allows and encourages adult conversations where sexual banter is welcomed.

I'd get banned in a New York minute, trying to talk about giving facials to hot chicks over at Politico or the ESPN forum. But I'm pretty open about other things over on those sites.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
rudyP34
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 7:25:00 PM

I'm usually too open for most sites. Here I can go unnoticed a little more. But even then, I'm sometimes too weird for people here too.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 8:41:53 PM

No, I'm pretty much the same in real life. I guess I like to 'push buttons' so if you know me in real life, you can expect some pretty twisted topics and openly kinky talk... especially if I've been drinking.

I can't stand polite, boring chit-chat in real life if it's a social occasion (unless it's a wedding/funeral... then I can tolerate more).

Obviously I easily pull it back professionally and I can be very PC when I need to be, but if we're friends IRL or out in a social setting, I always strive to avoid getting stuck talking to social-zombies or conversationally conservative types.

That doesn't mean it always has to be about sex... but it does have to be a bit of a memorable mind-fuck or a meaningful or fun-convo.

As for other sites... I'm not really on them, so can't compare.

rudyP34
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 8:44:22 PM

Dancing_Doll wrote:
No, I'm pretty much the same in real life. I guess I like to 'push buttons' so if you know me in real life, you can expect some pretty twisted topics and openly kinky talk... especially if I've been drinking.

I can't stand polite, boring chit-chat in real life if it's a social occasion (unless it's a wedding/funeral... then I can tolerate more).

Obviously I easily pull it back professionally and I can be very PC when I need to be, but if we're friends IRL or out in a social setting, I always strive to avoid getting stuck talking to social-zombies or conversationally conservative types.

That doesn't mean it always has to be about sex... but it does have to be a bit of a memorable mind-fuck or a meaningful or fun-convo.

You should hang out with me... I'm too much of a social retard to respect any social conventions. My only boundaries are those I encounter in others... often too late.
dv8dom
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2011 10:31:15 PM

I think this site allows you to broadcast aspects of yourself you usually wouldn't elsewhere, whether it be in real life or on other social networking sites. Either way, people still think I'm a weirdo 😉
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:45:37 AM

I am slightly more open about sex here, but I'm pretty much the same wherever you find me.

I guess I've had the opportunity to express myself more creatively in some writing and explore ideas and concepts that I hadn't thought about before...
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 7:20:30 AM

I'm not exactly more open, but open in a different way. Most of my friends know about my sexual preferences, but I think it's the "illusion of anonymity" that the internet creates that makes it easier to be more open even about taboo subjects. I like this site because I can be more open without fear of being persecuted or sneered at because lets face it, everybody has a fetish and it's nice to be able to share that interest with people who are wired the same way without the need for commitment that may be found in the outside world.
gr8guy2
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:55:05 AM

I am me. Im the way I am on here as in life. I may not be perfect, or have the perfect body, but I am who I am, and dont have to hide, or make an alternative lifestyle to be who I am. I dont like fake people, or people who try to be someone their not.
stephanie
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:45:53 AM

In short, yes!

I find Lush members to be mostly non-judgemental, and I've confessed/spoken of things here that I simply couldn't discuss with most of my real-life friends...

And Lush has made me realize that I'm a lot more ordinary than I thought I was, while still being pretty extraordinary!!!

xx SF

"Unruly girls, who will not settle down, MUST be taken in hand" (Barbarism Begins At Home - The Smiths) xx SF
Michael
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 5:37:49 AM

I am more open here on Lush than other sites, but I feel more exposed here.

On the forums I can express myself in sexual banter, however, I still feel it is banter. On occasion, I have said something on the forum that I wish I had not, as it exposes more than I desire... but once said, it can not be un-said, any more than the flasher can cover himself once exposed. Fugly

But here I can write stories and poems that I reveal much more about myself, some contain self expressions of lust that I had no intention of sharing publicly, but then I do. In others, I relive a relationship.
Although I may have felt I was risking embarrassment to push the submit button, I somehow still did. And the response has usually been favorable, no one has labeled me, or passed judgement on me. They may choose to ignore me, but then that is life.

So, in retrospect, I do feel more open on Lush.

I Live In My Own Little World, But It's OK, They Know Me Here...

1curiouscat
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 10:08:18 AM

Yes - but then again this is the only site I interact with socially.
Furthermore, considering the base content of the site -- SEX, there is no other way to be... here we get to share and read about other people´s fantasies (something usually private)

Overwhelming Reality

From Across the Room
lafayettemister
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:15:11 PM

Yes, I am. Somehow I don't think a status on facebook about wanting a good prostate tickling would go over very well.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Nikki703
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 2:18:07 PM

I am pretty much the same in real life as on Lush. When with friends and sex is the topic, no subject is off limits. And that carries over to Lush too, especially since I have friended so many like minded people.

I really do not chat on any other sites, I think Facebook is a colossal waste of time.
lustyscribbler
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 7:20:35 AM

Yes. Because either of two common things--I love to read and to write as well. That might have set a connection between me and the other Lushies that its not hard for me to express here my own real thoughts....

Sometimes, a bitch is just a girl who wears a mask to hide what's real inside her
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 2:58:38 PM

dv8dom wrote:
I think this site allows you to broadcast aspects of yourself you usually wouldn't elsewhere, whether it be in real life or on other social networking sites. Either way, people still think I'm a weirdo 😉

Dominic, your av looks like Mother Theresa lent you her head gear.
Iszofia
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 9:56:06 AM

In terms of personality and my thoughts I'm the same on here and in real life. Throw me a couple of drinks and my mouth gets looser and you can expect some interesting and revealing chats about sex and I.
I have mentioned to a couple of people that I read and write erotica but they didn't believe me lol and have stop short of mentioning I'm on Lush.
One thing that I have noticed is that since joining Lush I have become more confident and comfortable talking about sex and what I want from it with a partner :)
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 6:50:40 PM

I think Im the same on here and on other sites/real life. I used to be real reserved but now I have I dont give a fuck attitude and I'm very open about who I really am. ♥
Buz
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 8:51:08 PM

I am about as open here as I am at a football tailgate, a sportsbar, dinner with some of our best friends, or lunch with the guys but I am much more reserved at church, political gatherings, or chamber of commerce meetings.

unicorn92
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 9:35:09 PM

I'm honestly pretty much an open book anywhere, not only on here, although, no one I know in person knows that I am on here and that I write stories...
Ricky6999
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 10:15:14 PM

Here I am very honest about loneliness, about betrayal, about sex, in real life, I usually always answer the same way, I am fine and have a smile on my face! I do not want to burden anyone with my issues, everyone has their own IRL.
ArtMan
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:42:06 PM

Absolutely.

You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:55:51 PM

Not Really I'm mostly as open on here as i'd be on Other sites and real life But it also depends on who i'm talking with, As It's a trust thing with me and if i feel like There's a trust connection between me and the other person I'll Mostly be open with them.

But Topic wise it's mostly all normal fun random boring chit chat even if it can get boring it's still more enjoyable then talking about sex stuff, But That Doesn't mean that i dont Talk about sexual stuff from time to time But Mostly if i do talk about sexual stuff it's with people i truly trust and not some random person.
mercianknight
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 12:55:06 PM

eviotis wrote:
Simple answer: Yup!

Long story short, sex and all its nuances are strong and a driving force within us. Of course, mores, social etiquette , and inhibition always stays the truth. On here though, speaking from my own perspective, I can voice what I truly find exciting, and not just about sex. A multidimensional way to express my id, and ego.

Cheers.

Sweet mother of pearl, this Dude has such a cool way of saying what I thought too. Well said sir. I'll just add that the anonymity also helps.
toast

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2012 1:59:20 PM

I am much more open on here than I am in real life. My friends would be horrified if they knew half of what I was thinkiing etc.