Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

You might be a terrorist, if... Options · View
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 12:58:14 PM

10 Ridiculous Things That Make You a Terror Suspect

You thought you weren’t doing anything wrong, so why should you care about who they call a terrorist? Well, you may not believe it, but you’re likely a terror suspect in America’s new paradigm of the Land of the Fear.

The government is casting a wide net over its citizens in its search for potential threats. Now, you don’t need to actually commit a crime to be hauled away to a detention center and held without charges while you are tortured; you just need to appear suspicious by sympathizing with anti-government views to be labeled a domestic terrorist.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 1:51:07 PM

To walk through an airport with Bruce Schneier is to see how much change a trillion dollars can wreak.

So much inconvenience for so little benefit at such a staggering cost. And directed against a threat that, by any objective standard, is quite modest. Since 9/11, Islamic terrorists have killed just 17 people on American soil, all but four of them victims of an army major turned fanatic who shot fellow soldiers in a rampage at Fort Hood. (The other four were killed by lone-wolf assassins.)

During that same period, 200 times as many Americans drowned in their bathtubs. Still more were killed by driving their cars into deer.

“We’re spending billions upon billions of dollars doing this—and it is almost entirely pointless. Not only is it not done right, but even if it was done right it would be the wrong thing to do.”

It's much more cost effective to train multitudes of people such as the hotel clerk in the video above, to become extensions of the security state. It's far easier to intercept all email and phone conversations in this country and then run all that traffic by the modern version of Carnivore, searching for key words and phrases in the communications. None of this is illegal anymore, thanks to The Patriot Act and several amendments of it.

You don't think you're doing anything 'wrong', but thanks to the draconian bills recently discussed in this forum, now the US President can simply ship your ass off to indefinite detention because a clerk thought you were strange for paying with cash, not having a credit card at all, and only one form of photo ID.

You're probably a terrorist if you've ever downloaded MP3s from peer-to-peer networks. You're definitely a terrorist if you've ever purchased black market 'recreational' drugs.

Most intelligent people are introspective and doubt themselves while many fucktards are proudly over-confident. - a tip of the hat to Charles Bukowski
Juicyme
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 3:59:22 PM

^ This is the Think Tank,a place for heavier conversations. Just because this is an erotic social networking site doesn't mean that we shouldn't have intelligent conversations.
easy_rider75
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 5:22:00 PM

Hmmm never had a reason to need a credit card myself so guess that makes me either weird or a terrorist LOL stupid dicks

“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.”~Frank Sinatra~
Juicyme
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:08:12 PM

Susan, I believe you're missing the point of the OP. From my understanding, the post isn't about the act of terrorism, but instead about everyday actions that have now been deemed terrorist-like/suspect by the US gov't. The OP was trying to get the point across that this war on terror has become so ridiculous that if you have more than 7 days worth of food or only have one form of ID then you could be a suspected terrorist.
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:12:16 PM

It seems, as Hollywood, there is no original idea any more.

For the younger crowd, that's Joseph McCarthy, swell guy, look him up. Ahhh, subversive paranoid fever, catch it!
Cheltenham
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:32:35 PM

This thread is an act of terrorism.

If any of you have seen it, this whole "terrorism" policy reminds me of Star Trek.

"We are the Borg. Existence, as you know it, is over. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Well I hope I never figure out
Who broke your heart ~ Baby if I do
Well I'd spend all night losing sleep
I'd spend the night and I'd lose my mind
Shibui
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 6:43:17 PM

Eviotis: You have hit the nail on the head.

We are, once again, looking for evil that doesn't, necessarily exist. The search makes us no safer. Being aware that it can happen, makes us safer.

The restrictions are EXACTLY what Osama wanted...........
Buz
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 8:34:21 PM

I use cash and not credit cards and I own lots of guns. (At least I don't take the guns to the airport though.) Maybe I am on a watch list.

I mean really — cash instead of credit cards is just good common fiscal sense, something our government does not understand. Our rights and civil liberties is something our government has forgotten!

Never spend your money before you have it.
— Thomas Jefferson

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
— Thomas Jefferson

Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:37:58 PM

If you like to shoot home videos threatening everyone with a towel on your head.
Archadia
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 6:55:38 AM

I would like somebody to explain to me just one benefit, from owning or having or using a gun. But dont just state the benefit, as thats selfish, instead, try to justify the use of one. If somebody burgled my house, i would want to hurt them, alot, but not kill them, thats completely insane, so why the fuck would I shoot them? And that goes for most crimes. In fact, i dont agree with killing anybody, anywhere, for anything. There are far more effective ways of gaining retribution and justice (although they are not exactly exercized in most countries). And thats what the police are there for. When it comes to guns, the cons always outweigh the pros.

Oh and also:

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"
lafayettemister
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 8:38:31 AM

Archadia wrote:
I would like somebody to explain to me just one benefit, from owning or having or using a gun. But dont just state the benefit, as thats selfish, instead, try to justify the use of one. If somebody burgled my house, i would want to hurt them, alot, but not kill them, thats completely insane, so why the fuck would I shoot them? And that goes for most crimes. In fact, i dont agree with killing anybody, anywhere, for anything. There are far more effective ways of gaining retribution and justice (although they are not exactly exercized in most countries). And thats what the police are there for. When it comes to guns, the cons always outweigh the pros.

Oh and also:

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

First off, to SexySusan. I think that's a bit of a broad generalization. My "society" doesn't see each other as a potential threat. But "we" do see that there are bad people in the world. Yes, it is in our constitution. Which was written by men much smarter than myself. They came from a place where it was illegal to possess arms even for use of defending themselves. So, they knew life both ways. I'll defer to their wisdom on this issue. Fear and despair, I think you're must only be seeing the bad stuff that the news reports. They usually leave out the good stuff. Life here is generally pretty damn good.

Now as to Archadia. First off, there are a few misconceptions that maybe the rest of the world has about Americans.

Yes, we may legally own a gun. But fact of the matter is, most people DON'T have any guns. It may be the presence of young children in the home or a general distaste for them as a whole.

Secondly, a huge majority of gun owners do not own handguns. Most, in my experience at least, own shotguns or rifles. The people owning this type of gun is usually a hunter and this is the only time he uses his gun(s).

Yes, there are some people who choose to buy and own many guns. Of many styles and power. Collectors. These people are few and far between.

So we aren't all toting around 457 Magnums a la Dirty Harry. I've known many many people who own all types of guns. I don't know any of them that have ever aimed a gun at another human being. Just doesnt' happen. Also, the number of deaths of intruders into homes is probably pretty low. Miniscule. Guns are a deterrant. Criminals often do a little homework before barging into someone's house. If a bad guy knows there MAY be a gun in one home and not the other, guess which one he burglarizes!

And, if someone breaks into a gun owners home, many people will shoot at arms or legs. Not trying to kill, only to stop and/or slow down. In fact, I would guess that most shots fired do not hit anyone at all. But you can bet, if a burglar is fired at he is going to be running out the door ASAP.

No one agrees with killling another person, generally speaking. But saying anybody, anywhere, anytime is too absolute. These are extremes, but if someone is strangling a loved one, raping, about to kill.. someone I love and the only way I can stop it is to kill them. I would. Sometimes waiting for the police just isn't an option. Maybe that's a difference in culture. I don't know.

Don't beleive everything you see in movies or on the news. "We" aren't all gun toting lunatics waving our sidearms around like Doc Holiday.

There are cons to owning guns. But I'm not going to list them as I'm sure you already have a list a mile long.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Swollen
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 11:08:05 AM

I'm a Brit, and in my house there are 2 shotguns. These are owned legally, used in accordance with UK hunting laws and stored responsibly. They also, however, give peace of mind should some little shit break into our home and put our very existence under threat ! We don't break the law of the land and never would, but surely self protection is a human right we should all be entitled to.
Swollen
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 1:29:06 PM

WellMadeMale wrote:
10 Ridiculous Things That Make You a Terror Suspect

Ooops! I digressed from the original question sorry WWM ! How about if I had a jar of marmite down my stockings as I attempt to clear Florida immigration ?

You thought you weren’t doing anything wrong, so why should you care about who they call a terrorist? Well, you may not believe it, but you’re likely a terror suspect in America’s new paradigm of the Land of the Fear.

The government is casting a wide net over its citizens in its search for potential threats. Now, you don’t need to actually commit a crime to be hauled away to a detention center and held without charges while you are tortured; you just need to appear suspicious by sympathizing with anti-government views to be labeled a domestic terrorist.

Nikki703
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 4:36:39 PM

I usually do not get involved in the Think Tank discussions because I do not feel informed enough on a lot of the topics, Or I just dont give a damn on many others. But this one is just too good to pass up, I am not going to get into the whether or not certain acts make you a terror suspect or not. But what I will say is why I think there is terrorism and war and probably every other type of altercation known to man. It is because one person or group believes that they know what is right or best for everyone and anything else is wrong. That they have the right to force their beliefs on everyone that doesnt go along and if they are extreme radicals, they have the right to kill anyone who doesnt go along. That only one voice should be heard and no one else matters. It has been happening since the begining of time and will probably continue until some radical figures out a way to end life as we know it.

Some people will only hear what they want to hear, they cant be reasoned with, will never admit they could be wrong!! Sort of like this thread. Those are the scariest people on earth.

As for guns, I have no use for them, but think we should have the right to own them as long as we meet the required qualifications to own them (no criminal history, etc). I believe that sometime in the 1930's, a guy, cant remember his name made it illegal for private citizens to own guns, was in Europe I believe. Didnt work out too well!! Now what was his name, its on the tip of my tongue.

Just my worthless opinion, now you see why I stay in the sex forums, LOL!!
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 6:48:18 AM

I guess Pearl Harbor and Oklahoma City never happened?

LadyX
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:04:44 PM

After all that, I'm not even sure what you disagree on, other than stereotyping based on nationality (which again, has got to stop). I'm sure you're aware that not all Americans, or Brits, or citizens of any nation, think alike or hold like values. Please reflect that in the future, otherwise it's more than a bit inflammatory.

Sexysusan wrote:

I'm not giving up on this one, simple Brit as I may be.

What are you not giving up on, Susan?
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:35:12 PM

Susan, this is your last warning. You know exactly what you're doing and you're disregarding some fairly basic decorum in this discussion. I can tell how badly you want a UK vs. US battle royale but we're just not going to have it. If your only objective is to argue national superiority or to run down another nation, then I'm afraid your input on this topic has run it's course.

And no, "the shit"'s not going to "hit the fan". We're either going to have a discussion as grown people who can go beyond stereotypes and baiting, or this particular discussion will end. There are plenty of other sites and message boards to choose from if you'd rather just flame and fight.

This is a far cry, by the way, from somebody who claimed that a topic so far from all matters sexual was 'damned silly'. You seem right at home discussing non-sexual matters. If only it were for purposes other than to attempt to pick an internet fight.
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 2:38:37 PM

LadyX wrote:
Susan, this is your last warning. You know exactly what you're doing and you're disregarding some fairly basic decorum in this discussion. I can tell how badly you want a UK vs. US battle royale but we're just not going to have it. If your only objective is to argue national superiority or to run down another nation, then I'm afraid your input on this topic has run it's course.

Agreed.

Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2011 7:57:52 PM

Before watching the last video, one thing dawned on me, the Magna Carta.

Then I watched the video and heard Ron note it. It's sad when those taking away liberties and harken to past ways, and fundamental rights do exactly the opposite to what has been set as precedent for almost a millenia, and we, as a people can't put our heads around it.

We take a portion of what's noted and shout, "Here, here!" This, evident in the usage of such thought process to endorse Mr. Paul on one, singular note. Everyone has a genius moment and dons the thinking cap by chance. Constant usage of 911 to delineate to what could happen again and what our sovereign's intentions are become more and more ineffective as those who spout such protective measures show no such concern when viewed under the microscope.

P.S.

The only issue I take, in this thread, with religion is that it was at the time a way to keep people. Or at least keep them to the communal mores of the society they existed in and religion has become a way to allow infringement on liberties since proclamations are endorsed by godly men.

And, I love the part with the Hitler/Bush quotes since Bush senior was noted a fraternal member of young men who kept a Hitler shrine in their frat house. (giggle)

charmbrights
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 3:21:42 AM

swollen wrote:
I'm a Brit, and in my house there are 2 shotguns. These are owned legally, used in accordance with UK hunting laws and stored responsibly. They also, however, give peace of mind should some little shit break into our home and put our very existence under threat ! We don't break the law of the land and never would, but surely self protection is a human right we should all be entitled to.

"Should be" but not in the U.K. Remember Tony Martin? See http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1207880/I-dont-regret-shooting-dead-teenage-burglar-says-remorseless-farmer-Tony-Martin.html to realise that you do NOT have the right to use a shot gun on a burglar.

News of ALL my novels (and where to get free copies) on charmbrights.webs.com/novels.htm.
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2011 12:35:00 PM

Gun possession rants.

For those of you that would like to talk about gun laws/possession//what ever, then go to the above link. Otherwise, stick to the topic.

Merci, and happy años nuevos. There's another as well, but this one hit first in my search. It was really hard to do.
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 7:43:56 AM

Okay, so I've read this forum from start to finish. I won't add my opinion, even though like most folks, I have a few. I just saddens me that this is actually a legitimate forum. All I feel right now is an immense sorrow for the future of humanity. Maybe the Myans were right, 2012 will see the shit hit the fan. Happy New Year everyone
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2012 9:38:49 AM

you might be a terrorist if you dont eat pussy ; )
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2012 12:15:47 PM

These days you need to be careful to NOT be seen as a terrorist. Even if you are an American citizen. This bill, which is backed by both Republicans and Democrats, is frightening. Unconstitutional for sure. No idea how our elected officials would agree this is a good idea. I just don't get it. If you don't hear from me after I post this, check Guantamo. No such thing as Due Process. I'm ashamed right now.

National Defense Authorization Act

psyduck
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 8:29:50 AM

As absurd as these things are...they make more sense to me than being suspected a terrorist simply for being an Arab, or a practicing muslim. I mean don't get me wrong, it's retarded...but if it's moving away from racial vilification toward actual suspicious acts then it's moving in the right direction. Who knows, maybe in about 10 years they'll get it right.
clum
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 10:50:51 AM

We just had our big monthly meeting and I wanted to let you all know that the official stance of Britons on this issue is not that of Sexysusan. A majority agreed that she's an antagonistic (and slightly racist) troll.

She Just Wants To Be

Third place entry in the Toy With Me competition.
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2012 5:45:12 PM

Thanks Callum. Glad to hear that. We knew it all along. BTW, do they serve beer at those meetings?
WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2012 8:29:16 AM

This is fcking scary.

Clicking that link will open up a .pdf file. You need Adobe or another .pdf viewer to see this very freaky placard from the Joint Regional Intelligence Center.

You can get a taste of it visually here, with an html version of it and accompanying article/comment.

Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 2:28:36 AM

You might be a terrorist if man-boy love thursday is your favorite day of the week.