lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2012 9:01:41 AM

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Buz
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2012 6:48:52 AM

Can I vomit now?

ShyVixen
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2012 6:53:18 AM

Just heard about this yesterday and was floored! She's almost screaming her happiness! And may I ask why she is she entitled to computer accesses? She should have been stripped of everything until her probation was over. She can't write a book, but she can post video diaries. Sick!
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2012 7:58:32 AM

I wondered how long it would take this to hit The Tank.
Heard a shrink talking about this. Says it classic narcissistic psychosis. She's the injured party. Poor me etc. etc.
I did notice that she had talked about getting a dog and finally having something that belongs to her. She said she hasn't had something that belonged just to her in a long time. I thought well, you used to have a child...
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:18:25 AM

According to Casey Anthony's phychiatrist, she claims that her baby Caylee was conceived when she was raped after passing out at a party at the age of 18.

Casey Anthony, child conceived after drugged and assaulted?

Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:56:11 AM

lafayettemister wrote:
According to Casey Anthony's phychiatrist, she claims that her baby Caylee was conceived when she was raped after passing out at a party at the age of 18.

Casey Anthony, child conceived after drugged and assaulted?

That's one of her claims, anyway. She is obviously a pathological liar. She has lied so much that if she were to stand outside screaming "The sky is blue!", I'd have to look up and check for myself. A reporter on CNN said that this was her "testing the water" to see if anyone is interested in paying her for her side of the story. I really hope that is not true.
LadyX
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:59:49 AM

The more I think about this whole thing with Casey Anthony, I think less and less about Casey herself, and whether she's a murderer, and whether the state presented a case worthy of a conviction, etc.

More and more, I just think of Caylee, a kid that came into the world under less than ideal conditions, left the world under tragic conditions, and left a parent in her wake who didn't even seem to miss her. I'm not saying that having loved ones miss you really matters after you're dead, but it is an unfortunate tell. Being loved by somebody, or many people, doesn't take away the sting of not being loved by your own parent(s). I just hope she wasn't able to fully comprehend all of that before she went away.
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 9:46:09 AM

I hope so too. At 2 I don't/hope she didn't. Her grandparents seemed to love and care for her a lot.
Unfortunately this is a good example of our legal system being broken. The courts and a jury of her peers have spoken. She's innocent. *sigh*
And so was O.J. and M.J.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:19:58 AM

I don't understand why the media is still on this story to be honest. It's just feeding her narcissism. Nothing that happens going forward will change the outcome of the trial, which is the only thing that we should be concerned about at this point. Not whether she gets a new nose-ring, changes her hairstyle or tries to shop her story. The only thing that concerns her right now is making her million dollars and moving into criminal-celebrity status with the talk-show circuit and maybe a reality-tv show farther down the line. If she has no audience for this, then she just becomes another random loser in the game of life... which to me is exactly where she should be. The trial is over, Caylee isn't coming back or getting any justice in this mess, and everything she spins now is garbage and more lies... so why are people giving her an audience for this and rewarding her in exactly the way she wants?

As an aside... I do believe the state more than proved their case. I don't believe they overcharged, however I knew she would never be a death row inmate based on this crime. The downfall was picking an impatient, uneducated jury that didn't want to go over the evidence twice because they were geared up for their 4th of July weekend and wanted out of that sequestered nightmare as fast as possible. The judge should never have given them such a conservative estimate on their potential time-demands. The 'blink and it was over' duration of their deliberations was just as criminal as the case they should have been reviewing under proper care and guidance... one of those charges would have stuck if they had taken their time (ie. at the very least - manslaughter).

This is maybe a topic for another thread but the jury system as it is right now... sucks! I am much more in favour of a smaller panel from a more highly educated and qualified pool of people (maybe ex-lawyers, judges, or legal students). Criminal trials are filled with tedious facts, legal jargon, highly specialized medical/forensic evidence that the average person with the average attention span simply cannot comprehend. They will always defer to the schmoozy easy-to-understand paint by numbers theory. In this case, Jose Baez's infantile "photos and poster-board" defence closing was the winner. It looked like something I would have created for a trial role-play in my grade-9 law class. The jury system, as it is today, will quite often fail when it comes to complex legal cases like this that are based on circumstantial evidence, which is considered valid by the law but not by the simple minds of a 'jury of our peers' that will only respond to flashy CSI-style proofs.

LadyX
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:26:53 AM

As society becomes more and more like the above, I agree that a professional jury is definitely preferable to a "jury of our peers." Seen "our peers" lately?

Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:28:09 AM

Sick.
I think that sorry bitch want attention.
That is one piece I'd never want to fuck.
Posted: Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:20:43 PM

She would be a swaying point for me to have faith, that way she would surely rot in hell and serve time in a trunk in Dante's Ninth Circle.
Kitanica
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2012 3:07:06 AM

As a Floridian. I'm glad I dont know where in port st lucie she lives because it's an hour away and would be easy to pay a visit to. An I can vouch for anyone from Florida. We hate her just as much if not more.
1curiouscat
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 8:33:52 AM

LadyX wrote:

As society becomes more and more like the above, I agree that a professional jury is definitely preferable to a "jury of our peers." Seen "our peers" lately?

Could not agree more... when i first saw that movie I though it was ridiculous, but more and more i see pieces of it in everyday life...

Overwhelming Reality

From Across the Room
LadyX
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 8:43:26 AM

True that, Scro.
tomc82d
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 9:48:50 AM

She is a piece of trash and one day I hope she gets what she deserves. Gonna keep it vanilla and mild and not express my true feelings lol.

Veni, vidi, vici" Julius Caesar 47 BC
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 1:49:12 PM

I heard that the video diary was not meant for public consumption but was hacked and shown on the net to prevent her from ever making any money off of sales or interviews.
nicola
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 2:35:51 PM

Who? dontknow
LadyX
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 2:37:11 PM

nicola wrote:
Who? dontknow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casey_Anthony

Prepare to be appalled, for one reason or another.
nicola
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 3:01:22 PM

PPD + the possibility of her telling the truth about being drugged and raped, is still no excuse for what she did to an innocent child.

Why on earth was she given a laptop in the first place? The crime she committed is heinous, she shouldn't be given any kind of audience whatsoever.

I wish I hadn't read about her now.
lafayettemister
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 3:17:16 PM

This will be a firestorm. But, is there any possibility in anyone's mind that she actually IS innocent of killing her daughter? She was found not guilty in a court of law.

Assuming Karate Kid position and prepared for attack.

Catnip
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 4:39:47 PM

Uhm.. why is she like drugging her dog in the second video?
She's scary.

Edit: Oh, that one wasn't her.. looked very much like her though. drunken d'oh!

Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 4:47:30 PM

lafayettemister wrote:
This will be a firestorm. But, is there any possibility in anyone's mind that she actually IS innocent of killing her daughter? She was found not guilty in a court of law.

Assuming Karate Kid position and prepared for attack.

NONEFUCKINGWHATSOEVER!

(If by "assuming the Karate Kid position" you mean The Crane?? I would like to see a pic of you doing this in your image gallery. Thanks in advance. evil4 )
LadyX
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 4:50:57 PM

Curlygirly wrote:

NONEFUCKINGWHATSOEVER!

evil4 Well put and agreed! LOL

I am in the "the state overplayed their hand with the Murder1 charge and the trial strategy" camp, though.
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 5:28:59 PM

Quote:

Sure. Sure. O.J. was found innocent too. Yup. They both were. evil5
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 5:33:08 PM

LadyX wrote:

I am in the "the state overplayed their hand with the Murder1 charge and the trial strategy" camp, though.

I am in the "the jury was dumb as fuck and weren't properly guided as to the law" camp. geek

This overcharging thing is way overblown. The jury was given multiple options that should have been treated as individual charges. They didn't understand that circumstantial evidence is still evidence and that people can (and have been) convicted this way. One jury member went on record saying "since the prosecution could not definitively prove how Caylee died, she had no choice but to vote to acquit.". *cough*... No, that's not right, dumbass...lol. And if these people had been listening to the Judge discuss what was required to prove manslaughter and how circumstantial evidence works, then she/they would have known this.

At the very least, I think the legal system needs to dumb it down with some "cartoon skits" that jurors can watch at the end of these trials so they can understand the law or hand them "Jurors for Dummies" on their way out of the courtroom. As it was, most of them actually left the notebooks they had been making notes in on their chairs in the courtroom when they went for deliberation, which shocked much of the media. They should at the very least have a legally experienced 'mediator' type person assigned by the court, sitting in on deliberation to coach them on the charges and ensure they "get it" before they make a life-altering decision that can't ever be reversed.

As it was I think it was a crowd mentality with one or two dominant alpha-jurors who didn't understand the charges pushing the rest of the weaker jurors into a fast decision. One juror said they were "deadlocked" 6-6 for manslaughter... yet they didn't even deliberate a full 24 hours? That doesn't sound very deadlocked to me. At the very least a 6-6 split should have warranted going back over the evidence at least once with a fine-tooth comb. As it was, the smell of 4th of July BBQ was calling to them and they rushed a judgement that some people probably felt moderately bullied into.

LadyX
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 5:36:52 PM

I like the "Jury for Dummies" idea, that's solid. But I have a hard time believing they couldn't have locked her up on a lesser charge, even though I agree with all your points. Right or wrong, there's an awful lot of people who are going to be biased against the idea of a possible execution in all but the most open/shut cases of heinous murder. Too many things, even though it was one or two key things in the end, were left unanswered for them to go there. I don't agree with it, but I believe it to be true.
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 6:27:10 PM

It is a shame, but Jury Instructions and Jurors have much to do with a lot of a-holes roaming the streets. And, the attorneys take the blame.
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 11:59:37 AM

And now this is on the news... The strip club owner says it started out as a joke, but that he would hire her if she applied. d'oh!
MrNudiePants
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 11:06:41 AM

eviotis wrote:
It is a shame, but Jury Instructions and Jurors have much to do with a lot of a-holes roaming the streets. And, the attorneys take the blame.

How so? I used to know a very well-paid defense attorney who was very good at getting his clients acquitted. I once asked him how he could still do his job, knowing that guilty people were being put back on the street. He answered (paraphrased), "I'm not letting criminals go free - the State's Attorneys are. I'm just making sure that they do their job right. If the cops have done their job right, and the State's Attorneys have done their jobs right, there's no way in hell I can get a guilty man off. The most I can do is help him negotiate a plea deal for a lesser sentence. I'm there to make sure that they do their jobs right, so that no innocent man ever goes to jail because of someone's incompetence."

Hard to argue with that.