Login

My next story

last reply
1 reply
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
So at present I have published 4 stories on lush, and I have a few more Im working on. TBH Ive been kind of surprised at the reaction (good btw!), and also surprised at what is popular.

Here are my questions though:

So far Ive used a big build up, putting my characters in situations, mostly, that could be real. Ive described seemingly trivial things to build a bigger picture, not just things like what the characters are wearing, but how they got to be in the position they are in. Do you enjoy reading about a big build up - meticulous scene setting, or do you prefer to get straight down to the action?

Ive seen with one of my stories (caught) that multiple fetishes in one story can be off-putting to some, do you prefer a story that touches multiple fetishes and taboos (I think my next story will), or a story that hits on one particular interest?

Love? or Lust? Three of the four are more love - or romance - based. Does there have to feelings of love to get you worked up? Or does the idea of random acts of lust float your boat?
Lurker
0 likes
Hi Orion,

Your post is something that I ask myself when writing a story for Lush. I think this thread might help you too:

How Long Before We Get to the Sex

My personal opinion is that I prefer the build up. Even in terms of real life - its not straight to the sex.

Even if its an impulse thing, there is some sort of mental build up at least. (Well I think there is anyway).

I also think it also depends on the audience. Love or lust will always seem to be two opposing themes with the stories on here. I posted a love story and someone gave it a poor score. As much as I can accept that I'm certainly not the best writer in the world, I do think it was because there was no big sex scene in that particular chapter.

I think you have to consider these two questions:

1. Am I writing because I want people to like it? OR 2. Am I writing because I enjoy the story itself?