Favorite kind of music?

last reply
73 replies
5.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Just curious as to what the majority of people on here listen to.
Lurker
0 likes
I Listen To Heavy Metal Mostly, Some Classical, Oldies
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Pop & occasionally country when I feel like it.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
honestly ... I listen to every different type of music. From classical to indie and everything in between. Seems to be dependent on my mood and what the ambience is ...

I am not fond of Gangsta Rap, but am subjected to it on the occasion
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
mostly everything besides heavy metal... And I find that a lot of songs I like are sad...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Mostly metal & punk but right now been listening to a lot of Johnny Cash.
Lurker
0 likes
I mostly listen to Rap, R&B, and Soul music.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like many kinds of music depending on my mood. Mostly I listen to Progressive Rock and Harder Rock. I never really understood where hard rock ends and heavy metal begins, LOL. But I listen to almost any type of music except rap.

Look at my playlist if you want an idea what I like.
Lurker
0 likes
Mostly heavy metal, prog rock and what would now be called classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Queen, Pink Floyd, that kind of thing). My favourite genre at the moment seems to be heavy metal, but I'm partial to a bit of classical and some pop (Lady Gaga, for instance).
Lurker
0 likes
Hard rock, grunge, classic rock...I like guitar heavy music. I miss the screaming guitar solos from the hair band era.

I also like music with good lyrics and like folk rock (like Jack Johnson, Mumford & Sons, etc.)
Lurker
0 likes
Guitar based music.
Bass driven music.
Drum driven music.
Lurker
0 likes
i listen to pretty much anything except for classical, jazz, country, blues. but right now my favorite is dubstep/electronic/electronica
Lurker
0 likes
I Listen to all types of music, but my favorite genre is Rock smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Classic rock.
Had a dream I was king, I woke up still king!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i'm hoping that my name explains 80% of it. except i do enjoy ray charles, hank williams sr, johnny cash, and that ranges to bands like pantera and metallica
Lurker
0 likes
i like a little of almost everything, depends on my mood
Lurker
0 likes
I Love all Genres of music as they all have there own special thing to them But mostly my mood decides what kind of music i listen to and right now it would be Acoustic Covers right now it's such a relaxing genre and has a warm feeling to the music .
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by vanessahearts
I Love all Genres of music as they all have there own special thing to them But mostly my mood decides what kind of music i listen to and right now it would be Acoustic Covers right now it's such a relaxing genre and has a warm feeling to the music .

SNAP!!!

Except for Opera signing!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm an old head-banger from the 70's .....
Black Sabbath, Kiss, Iron Maiden
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by loud_bkr

Except for Opera signing!!!

Let's not for get that Klaus Meine (The Scorpions) and Ronnie James Dio (Elf, Black Sabbath, and Dio) are both former opera singers; and Grace Slick (Jefferson Airplane) could have been

Also, I find that the hard rock sound draws a lot of influence from Richard Wagner: Think "Ride of the Valkyries"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
heavy metal, prog rock, classic rock. Absolutley love RUSH & going to see Rammstein next week smile
Lurker
0 likes
I like all kinds of music, been listening to rock more than anything else lately.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Listen to nearly everything apart from pop as it gets on my nerves. My favourite genre would have to be classic rock
guns'n'roses pink floyd etc
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am a very Eclectic music fan
1)Queen & Jetrho Tull(tie)
2)Judas Priest
3)Alice Cooper
4)Marillion
5)Genesis
6)Testament
7)Overkill
8)Queensryche
9) Demon Hunter

I own a whole shitload of recordings.In every format but 8 track.
Never take life seriously.Nobody gets out alive anyway.
Go Cardinals 2011 World champs/IH8DCUBS
Mary Rebecca H---------2/4/52 -8/20/09 You'll always be missed
Lurker
0 likes
Anything that is subjectively beautiful that doesn't sound like anything else I've heard before, and makes me feel.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Powerpop!!! jangling guitars, tambourines, 3 or 4 part harmonies and great hooks? I loooove it.
I also listen to:
Classical
Classic rock (oh yeah, Mick's still got it)
Some punk, but mostly the poppier side of it like Green Day.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
Acid Jazz, Techno, Dance, Christmas Oldies (Yes, I listen to it in the middle of the year), Blues, Soul and RnB
Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
i find anyone who has one favorite kind of music a little suspect... to me it depends on the moment, the artist, the piece they are playing... i like music from rachmaninov to dresden dolls....

but right now i do have a personal favorite playlist but that is personal....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Rock music.

Green Day, The Black Crowes, Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins, REM, The Dave Matthews Band, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, U2, The Rolling Stones, The Clash, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Van Halen, Lynard Skynard, The Counting Crowes, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, The Beatles, The Sex Pistols, Bruce Spingsteen, The Who, The Cars, etc.
You are invited to read Passionate Danger, Part II, a story collaboration by Kim and ArtMan.
http://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/passionate-danger-part-ii.aspx

Lurker
0 likes
Im rockabilly through and through. Love rock n roll - all styles, there are many - rockabilly, country, proper r'n'b and soul, northern soul, ska, country, blues, ad also stuff like 80s rock.

Basically i can appreciate anything written by a proper musician, not some manufactured pop band for the masses.. oh and anything where the 'gangstas' talk their way through a song.