Login

Top, bottom or switch?

last reply
61 replies
9.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
0 likes
Ok, first of all I would like to thank the Lush powers that be for creating this new section here. I am sure there will be some great topics posted and good conversation about all things BDSM.

So I now pose this question to you, are you a Top, bottom or do you consider yourself a switch?
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Rocker of the cocker
0 likes
First of all, I want to point out that Dude didn't answer his own question.

As for me, I'm going to say that I'm a Top. Now with that said, if I found someone that I truly trusted completely, I would definitely be a bottom. So does that make me a switch? haha maybe I should have just said that in the first place.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
If I dominate anyone it's because they've told me to do it, I find it more amusing than arousing.
Says it all no?
0 likes
Quote by Callisto
First of all, I want to point out that Dude didn't answer his own question.

Thanks for the call out on that one, you deserve a spanking (kidding!)
I will take your challenge Callisto, I myself am a Top. I am a very strong personality and like control.

Being a Top comes with a lot of responsibility, you need to have your sub trust you entirely. They will be pushing their boundaries for you and need to know you won't abuse them. Appropriate rules need to be made to ensure that both of you are on the same page.

A bottom however has an enourmous amount of "power" in the relationship. In fact it could be argued that they are in control. It is the Top's dominant personality that keeps the sub in check. The bottom can easily not admit that they have broken their Dom / Domme's rules, and accept their punishment for doing so. Therefore having slight control in the relationship.
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Let me also follow suit with Dude and say very happy to see this space.

I'm a top

I am currently involved with someone who was once a good friend of mine, new to this way of doing things. learning more everyday looking forward to seeing all of the posts in here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dudealicious

A bottom however has an enourmous amount of "power" in the relationship. In fact it could be argued that they are in control. It is the Top's dominant personality that keeps the sub in check. The bottom can easily not admit that they have broken their Dom / Domme's rules, and accept their punishment for doing so. Therefore having slight control in the relationship.

I am a bottom or submissive...

I give control to someone I admire, trust and respect. And to someone I can be honest with.
If I feel the need to lie to avoid punishment for breaking my Dom's rules, then I'm with the wrong Dom.
I don't feel safe or I don't respect him enough to tell him the truth.
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
I'm a bottom, a sub, a slave to my lover. I give myself to him to do with as he pleases.
[url]http://[/url]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm a Dom. Always have been one and always will be.
Had a dream I was king, I woke up still king!!
Lurker
0 likes
I've been everywhere in the spectrum, Dom/Mistress,switch and so on....I am currently a sub and the more I realize within myself the more I realize I've always been a sub I just didn't like giving up the control...I don't think it will ever change...I will always be sub...For me it was a life journey thing...
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by TheDevilsWeakness

I am a bottom or submissive...

I give control to someone I admire, trust and respect. And to someone I can be honest with.
If I feel the need to lie to avoid punishment for breaking my Dom's rules, then I'm with the wrong Dom.
I don't feel safe or I don't respect him enough to tell him the truth.

Very well said TDW I am a submissive and feel the same way. I will only give that control to someone I trust and respect and who will show it in return. It is not an easy journey to find.
Lurker
0 likes
a bottom who knows his place
Lurker
0 likes
I'm a switch. I'll only allow myself to be dominated by a woman but I'll happily dominate a man or a woman, but preferably a man. If a man wants to dominate me, I must trust him fully, but I'd still rather be dominating him and being dominated by her.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
switch I enjoy having a women ride me and I like being on top too. If I get the chance with a guy I would like to do the same
Lurker
0 likes
Switch - it would be a shame to bar oneself from 50% of the available experiences!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm more of a top at times but would consider myself a switch, I don't mind giving up control...I enjoy it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I would call myself a switch, but at the moment I'm more of a submissive than a dominant (doesn't stop me from trying to dominate my Master on occasion though).
Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Don't quite understand this fixation with labels I would say over under sideways down anything goes. Any sort of categorization has overtones of inhibition which sort of defeats the object.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I make a lousy Dom and a worse sub, i like a 50/50 partnership... that's when things work out for the best in my experience... i had a thing for a sub once, her favorite saying was "You're the boss of me" but it got boring really quick, i like a partner with a little ambition of her own who doesn't mind experimenting.
I feel like Da Vinci, His last words were "I have offended God and mankind because my work did not reach the quality it should have."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm totally a natural top but can switch on rare occasion with the right person. I get approached by tops wanting to try being submissive to me all the time but decline as I think they really have a conquer the dom fantasy somewhere in there lol
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Lurker
0 likes
I guess I have a different attitude about the labels and definitions. To me topping, like dominating, is a verb, not a noun. Submitting is the same, existing only in the action, not in some static form as a "thing". I think we tend to over-label things, partly as a result of the alleged information age in which we are so exposed to so much data and input that we try to use some form of "shorthand" as quick and easy labels to communicate.

That said, I suspect, as human beings, we are all what people call switches, constantly flowing form one to the other depending on what we experience and choose to do. But again, it's over labelling: at work we have to do what a boss tells us to do, are we then submissive to the boss? If we're driving and someone tries to cut us and we honk the horn and they back off, did we just dominate them? It gets a bit absurdist to my thinking to keep trying to apply inappropriate labels and definitions all the time.

I suppose for "tops", we define them as the assertive initiators of actions, the controllers, perhaps, but how a dominant can be a "bottom", then I don't understand. If we define a bottom as the catcher and the top as the pitcher, why then confuse the issue with dominant and submissive? It just seems pedantic. I know humans are prone to encompassing dichotomies, but a dominant bottom and a submissive top seem a little oxymoronic, like a weak tyrant or a cynical romantic. Maybe my mileage must vary...
0 likes
Quote by WmCutterBlack
I guess I have a different attitude about the labels and definitions. To me topping, like dominating, is a verb, not a noun. Submitting is the same, existing only in the action, not in some static form as a "thing". I think we tend to over-label things, partly as a result of the alleged information age in which we are so exposed to so much data and input that we try to use some form of "shorthand" as quick and easy labels to communicate.

That said, I suspect, as human beings, we are all what people call switches, constantly flowing form one to the other depending on what we experience and choose to do. But again, it's over labelling: at work we have to do what a boss tells us to do, are we then submissive to the boss? If we're driving and someone tries to cut us and we honk the horn and they back off, did we just dominate them? It gets a bit absurdist to my thinking to keep trying to apply inappropriate labels and definitions all the time.

I suppose for "tops", we define them as the assertive initiators of actions, the controllers, perhaps, but how a dominant can be a "bottom", then I don't understand. If we define a bottom as the catcher and the top as the pitcher, why then confuse the issue with dominant and submissive? It just seems pedantic. I know humans are prone to encompassing dichotomies, but a dominant bottom and a submissive top seem a little oxymoronic, like a weak tyrant or a cynical romantic. Maybe my mileage must vary...

Very very very well put cutterblack so i suppose the more appropriate question would be what position of power do you prefer to be in ,dominating (leading) or submissive (following) or do you prefer to have fun with both aka switch ( getting out of the way? )?

I personally tend to naturally be more dominating though i would like to find someone i feel comfortable enough with to be submissive .
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WmCutterBlack

Sorry to disagree but I believe all people are born either with a Dominate or a submissive personality. or in my case a Dominate personalitly is bought out of them at an early age so I would have to say I am all TOP
Lurker
0 likes
I think My name - Master Jonathan - pretty much solves this riddle!
Lurker
0 likes
I am definitely a bottom!

I believe that trusting someone to have total control over your body is extremely sexy!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i am sub, my hubby is dom occasionally switch
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't mind, bottom is more relaxing but you can't let her do all the work.
Cheeky Chick
0 likes
I'm a bottom/submissive.. I can have my "switchy" sides come out when it comes to foreplay but I think it's just fun to tease more then being a Dom. So I become more agreesive when the foreplay comes about otherwise I am His, He does to me as He pleases.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm a dedicated bottom, much preferring to be disciplined by a dominant lady. However just recently there has been one lady, a switch, who let me spank her and it was so sexy. I've spanked other women, I suppose half heartedly, but this lady can take a really hard spanking and I know enjoys it.

I expect to stay a sub myself as I still enjoy the stinging feeling afterwards.
Lurker
0 likes
Interesting topic. Before i knew much about BDSM, i would say i was switch. I have a pretty dominant side, can be very aggressive sexually. Until i met my Master. I am deliciously, deeply committed and submitted. Definitely bottom. Nothing gives me more pleasure than giving all control to him. Pleasing him, is my only purpose. But because i was very careful who i would give this gift, i chose someone I love, trust and cherish. In the end, pleasing him , pleases me. He is an amazing Dom. He knows me inside and out and knows my limits and breaking points.he knows what I need, what i want. There may be times I will be a Top.. But only because He allowed it, so doesn't that still make me a bottom?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Top, bottom, sideways, upways, downways, behind, reverse...... im usually up for any of them, as long as it feels good and your partner is happy too. How are you supposed to know what feels best if you don't change it up?