Login

Poor Choice of Party Themes...Titantic Party

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OK, I have to vent...Yesterday while watching the news, they were covering the numourous Titantic Parties worldwide, 'celebrating' the 100th anniversary of the sinking and tradgedy.

Am I the only one upset over this? This was a serious loss of life, and people are now using it as a party theme?

What's next? A party with a tsunami theme? A party with a Columbine High School theme? What has the world come to...

I've said in the past that I'm afraid for the next generation...but at times I'm terribly embarrassed over the present generation.

Just my vent...what are your thoughts?

Terry
Lurker
0 likes
I hadn't heard about this Terry. I think it's in very poor taste. I imagine they figure no one is left from the survivors so they can get away with it. Plus Hollywood glorifies everything, even tragedies and makes them look cool and fun.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well at least they shouldnt run out of ice!!

Yes, I agree it is in poor taste! But I also dont think the intent is malicious.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If they were having an Edwardian party then I would be fine with it. But to celebrate a tragic event in a hoopla way. It's pretty disrepectful.
Candy Connoisseur
0 likes
I think you are taking this way out of context. WAY OUT!!!!