Any Michael Jackson fans here?

last reply
44 replies
3.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
If so, what did you like most about him?

He's been my #1 artist for close to 20 years and I'm 30 now. I can't say the same about most other artists I listen to. I'll never stop listening to his music.

Stunning, iconic dance moves, stellar vocal delivery and impressive songwriting...he seemed to have all the ingredients to make him one of the most popular artists of all time.
I liked his songs the most.

3 of my all time favs are;

Who Is It (Dangerous)
Billie Jean (Thriller)
Smooth Criminal (Bad)

Dangerous is also I most played album of all time. Listen to the cd at least once a day. smile

Cheers, everyone!
Lurker
0 likes
Hell yea!!! I loved Michael since I was little... Me and my siblings and cousins use to get together and watch his videos and copy all his dance moves, having dance offs! His music is ill!!!! What I like most about Micheal was his music , his smile - he had a smile that could light up a room, he was a true humanitarian, his performances, his dance moves, and so much more ♥ There will never be anyone like MJ ♥

My favorites are

Will You be there
The Way You Make Me Feel
Smooth Criminal
Dirty Diana
P.Y.T.
They Don't Care About Us
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
Oh my god... so many other ones too!!!! I love this man! ♥
Lurker
0 likes
Yes, I am still a fan of his music. I will always remember Michael Jackson as the King of Music and the greatest entertainer! His albums: Off the Wall, Thriller, and Dangerous are masterpieces! He was the soundtrack of my childhood.

My all-time favorite MJ songs are

“Human Nature”
“Wanna Be Startin' Somethin”’
“Thriller”
"Rock with You"
"I Can't Help It"
“Another Part of Me”
“Smooth Criminal”
"Speed Demon"
"Remember the Time"
"You Are Not Alone"
“This Time Around”
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
While I do think he was very talented, I cant say I was ever a fan. I did like some of the Jackson 5 stuff when I was a kid but I soon gravitated towards other music by the time I was 10 or 11. Overall its just not my kind of music
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
yesterday a friend told me that he was watching the wiz. IMMEDIATELY thoughts of michael jackson as the scarecrow, singing "ease on down the road" filled my head! i love that movie and it NEVER ceases to make me smile =) mj was my first celebrity crush, lol i carried an off the wall notebook with me on my first day of 1st grade. those childhood memories are my ABSOLUTE favorite of him.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree with Nikki.
Puppy Love came out about the time I was falling in love with my first real girlfriend back in 6 th grade.
We played; "Spin the bottle" at a friends party, and I actually got to kiss her on the lips that beautiful evening
I couldn't get that damned song out of my head.

He was one hell of an artist though.
Balloonmeister
0 likes
Jackson was a child molester. That trumps anything else he did in his life. Secondly, he was a drug abuser and it eventually killed him. The doctor was just trapped in this same idolization of him and gave him what he wanted. And third, he tried everything he could to turn himself white. Why do black people still consider him a role model? He obviously hated being black. And don't say he had a medical condition. BS!!! I cannot understand how anybody can still idolize him.
Have you ever had an "Airgasm"? Take a sexy ride in a hot air balloon and enjoy the view from a mile high.

Mile High Club in a Balloon
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hotairgasm
Jackson was a child molester. That trumps anything else he did in his life. Secondly, he was a drug abuser and it eventually killed him. The doctor was just trapped in this same idolization of him and gave him what he wanted. And third, he tried everything he could to turn himself white. Why do black people still consider him a role model? He obviously hated being black. And don't say he had a medical condition. BS!!! I cannot understand how anybody can still idolize him.

WOW!! While there may be some truth to what you are saying, its a little harsh too. He is dead, let him rest in peace!

Like I said, I have never been a fan and think he had some problems. But a lot of that is from never really having a childhood and really think he came from a very dysfunctional family. I put much of the blame on his father who seemed more worried about how can they make money then being a real family. He even seemed more concerned about cashing in on Michael's death then his son dying.

I do agree about the doctor and think the crimes he was convicted of are BS.

As for the plastic surgery, that is pretty fucking strange!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by hotairgasm

I just KNEW that there were gonna be negative posts on this topic. Can we just stick to the positive please? No-one knows what really went on apart from Michael himself, and god, 'Judge not, lest ye be judged'. He was a great dancer, a great singer and I for one, hope he rests in peace.

Couldn't resist.
Head Nurse
0 likes
I enjoyed the music he created while he was still identifiable as a black man, before he crossed the line towards white woman.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse
I enjoyed the music he created while he was still identifiable as a black man, before he crossed the line towards white woman.

Now this is a wtf moment. You're pretty adroit at creating them online. How are you in real life?
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
While I was beyond impressed when his amazing music first hit the streets, what's even more impressive is how great it sounds decades later. His work is timeless!
Balloonmeister
0 likes
Quote by SITTING

I just KNEW that there were gonna be negative posts on this topic. Can we just stick to the positive please? No-one knows what really went on apart from Michael himself, and god, 'Judge not, lest ye be judged'. He was a great dancer, a great singer and I for one, hope he rests in peace.

I will give one more parting shot then leave all of you MJ Apologists to your admiration society. I don't care what kind of childhood, or lack of same, he had. I don't care what kind of dysfuctional family he came from. There is no excuse for molesting or mistreating a child. My father physically abused (beat) my brothers and I. I vowed to not carry on that little family tradition and succeeded in raising my children in a non-violent manner. He was a pervert and that did not change when he died. When his music comes on the radio, I turn the station. 'Nuff said. Enjoy your delusions.
Have you ever had an "Airgasm"? Take a sexy ride in a hot air balloon and enjoy the view from a mile high.

Mile High Club in a Balloon
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I had time an technology on my side,'
Just think where I could be now!...

scooter
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah, man! Love his songs! Every time Billie Jean comes up, I turn it up!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by hotairgasm

I will give one more parting shot then leave all of you MJ Apologists to your admiration society. I don't care what kind of childhood, or lack of same, he had. I don't care what kind of dysfuctional family he came from. There is no excuse for molesting or mistreating a child. My father physically abused (beat) my brothers and I. I vowed to not carry on that little family tradition and succeeded in raising my children in a non-violent manner. He was a pervert and that did not change when he died. When his music comes on the radio, I turn the station. 'Nuff said. Enjoy your delusions.

Hotairgasm, while I am very happy to hear that you raised your children in a completely normal way, I don't really think you have the right to judge a man you never knew. OK, I understand totally that abused children sometimes become abusers but to be honest, I think that this very rarely happens. Lots of unfortunate children go through abuse and neglect but come out the other side just fine. (Read 'A Child Called It' - though that case is VERY extreme)

Point is, yes, Michael Jackson didn't have the best childhood but putting that against him to call him a ? That's very unfair. Was he ever found guilty in court? No. What's that phrase again? Oh yeah, INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Do you really think he'd have been allowed to keep his own children if he was honestly suspected? Jeez.

Anyway, back to the topic, I think I love 'Smooth Criminal' the best. That video has AWESOME dance moves!
And I ADORED the Jackson Five, because MJ had the best little voice!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Facts are facts.
If anyone else in the whole wide world was accused of being a child molester,
they would be considered guilty by the general public.
Plain an simple.
Innocent until proven guilty only works for the rich an famous.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hotairgasm

Considering the OP asked 'what did you like most about him?' I'm quite surprised that you admit you like him most for being a KZxMe56Y78mN2V7Z interesting LOL

For me, never liked the man himself, but did like his music and dramatic stage presence (except the crotch grabbing ).
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Billie Jean is a bad-ass song.

My dad used to play some of his older disco-sounding stuff too, and I admit I liked it. smile

@hotairgasm- you're right about all his transgressions, and you might even be right about his wanting to erase his "blackness"- but the cat could sure sing and dance. If I'm a bad person for compartmentalizing the two, then so be it.
Rocker of the cocker
0 likes
I like pretty much all his music.

Another Part of Me is one of my favorites for sure.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Michael Jackson made some incredibly music. He was uber talented and his music was iconic. I understand some people may be fans of his music. Being a fan of Michael Jackson and being a fan of Michael Jackson's music are two different things. The man was a predator. Whatever drugs he did do not matter to me. Most artists end up taking drugs at some point, some kick the habit some get worse. But that only affected himself. His actions as a child molestor, , predator, and abuser are what defines him in my mind.

There are only a few definitive right and wrong things in this world. Regardless of nationality, religion, race, political affiliation.... sexual abuse of a child is one of the wrongs. We ALL agree. I will never understand how or why people who are monsters get a free pass based on their artistic talents. As if being so musically talented somehow offsets his predatory addictions.

If any other person had commited the exact same crimes or had the exact same behavior but was filthy rich because he was a banker, politician, oil executive, minister/priest, then he'd be crucified. Rightly so. It is impossible to talk about a public figure and leave out something as negative as this. It should be mentioned every single time his name is mentioned.

Fan of Michael Jackson's music? I can begrudgingly accept that. Although whenever I hear an MJ song, I personally think about the children made to suffer at his hands.

Fan of Michael Jackson? NO!

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by hotairgasm

I was not making excuses for him being a child molester. I was just pointing out that he had problems and sometimes there are underlying reasons why one acts the way they do. Just saying that people who were abused as children are more likely to abuse children as adults. Was he abused as a child? Who knows!! I suspect he was, maybe not sexually but some type of abuse. I believe that LaToya has stated that about their father. But either way, he did not come from a normal loving family.

Like I said, I AM NOT A FAN!! Personally I think he was a fucking freak and except for a few early Jackson 5 songs, I think his music sucks. But that is just my taste in music. As far as his ability to entertain, the man was very talented and had an amazing stage presence few others have had.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Big, big fan. Taught my daughter all the songs (and some dance moves). Faves were Thriller (obviously); Beat It; and more recently, Remember The Time. Great music often complemented by some awesome videos.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
0 likes
Micheal Jackson died on my 16th birthday, I felt so bad celebrating!
Constant Gardener
0 likes
I never read nor heard where the man was convicted of any indecent liberties or heinous / predatory & abusive behavior with any child.

I didn't know the guy. Saw some of the televised interviews with him, where he seemed a bit off kilter or quite different. But I know some other creative people and they think and act differently than 'the norm' too.

I do know MJ was put through hell at least twice in the court of public opinion and criminal law and quite possibly more often (which he managed to settle out of court - and those always seemed more like him being blackmailed than anything else, to me).

It's possible Michael Jackson never truly grew up himself and considered himself to still be a pre-teenager. His private and public behavior as well as the fortune he amassed left him open to a lot of... bloodsuckers, grifters and yes...predators too.

OJ and Mike Tyson both had boat loads of money and they got away with a lot of stuff...until they couldn't anymore.

MJ was never convicted (just in the minds of some people).
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
I never read nor heard where the man was convicted of any indecent liberties or heinous / predatory & abusive behavior with any child.

I didn't know the guy. Saw some of the televised interviews with him, where he seemed a bit off kilter or quite different. But I know some other creative people and they think and act differently than 'the norm' too.

I do know MJ was put through hell at least twice in the court of public opinion and criminal law and quite possibly more often (which he managed to settle out of court - and those always seemed more like him being blackmailed than anything else, to me).

It's possible Michael Jackson never truly grew up himself and considered himself to still be a pre-teenager. His private and public behavior as well as the fortune he amassed left him open to a lot of... bloodsuckers, grifters and yes...predators too.

OJ and Mike Tyson both had boat loads of money and they got away with a lot of stuff...until they couldn't anymore.

MJ was never convicted (just in the minds of some people).

This was the point I was trying to make about him never having a childhood and being thrust into the limelight at such a young age thanks to his "saint" of a father.

As for never being convicted of child abuse, that is very true. Although I did read that several of the families of some of the children in question were paid large sums of money and never heard from again. I do not know if that is fact, but if it is, Im sure it was only because MJ was such a giving person and loved his fans.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by scooter
Facts are facts.
If anyone else in the whole wide world was accused of being a child molester,
they would be considered guilty by the general public.
Plain an simple.
Innocent until proven guilty only works for the rich an famous.

It's very unlikely for anyone else to be wrongly accused of child-molesting as there isn't a motive. With MJ there was money and lots of it AND the chance to discredit. And innocent until proven guilty works for everyone...do you see people in jail when there's no evidence against them???

Muhahaha - I am a die-hard MJ fan and I love 'Beat It', though 'Eat It' by Weird Al was entertaining too!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by fairyeyesgirl

And innocent until proven guilty works for everyone...do you see people in jail when there's no evidence against them???

Not saying MJ was guilty or innocent of being a child molester, but you do see many people who arent in jail when there was a lot of evidence against them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I never got the M.J. frenzy?? his music just never did much for me, although he does deserve credit for bringing a few talented artists to the fore [stevie ray Vaugan] [Orthani] and as mentioned-he was somewhat strange! Buying the beatles songwrites catalogue, then selling said rights to corporate interests was a classless, greedy thing to do.[ Sir Paul Mc Cartney had suggested he invest in them, then was shocked when he bought HIS!] [john Lennon is still spinning in his grave that ''Revolution'' was used to hock sweatshop sneakers by nike] I came across this info in a McCartney biography and paraphrase liberally