Sex and cancer treatments

last reply
3 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi all just been diagnosed with Hodgkin lymphoma, with 6 months of chemo ahead of me.
Has anyone else on here been through chemo? and how did it effect you sexually during and after treatment?
Lurker
0 likes
Cancer treatments affect persons in different ways, including sex life. There are many changes you will experience when you have cancer and it is understandable if a healthy sex life is hard to maintain with all these physical and emotional factors involved.
People have different sexual needs and everyone is unique. The chemotherapy may affect your libido. But I also believe that it will affect your sex life indirectly. The main changes you will notices will be in your body image and this affects the way you feel about yourself and having sex. Mood changes, loss of confidence and self esteem may also play a major role in the enjoyment of sexual activities. Fatigue is a very common side effect of chemotherapy and you may feel too tired to engage in sex.
On the other hand, at times like these people often are in more need of love and care so this can bring you closer to your partner. The main thing for you to bear in mind is that it is perfectly acceptable for you to 'loose your appetite' in such a situation and I am sure whoever is by your will understand this and support you. Worrying about your sex life will definitely not be your main concerns at this stage in life.

All the best and I hope you'll get through it so you can continue exploring your interest in spanking =)
Matriarch
0 likes
A close friend of mine had Hodgkin's disease almost 2 decades ago, and had chemo. He was completely cured after treatment (I believe something like 95% of people are if you catch it in the early stages), got married, and has had no symptoms ever since. He lost his hair, but it grew back.

I wouldn't concern yourself about your sex life right now, you need to concentrate on getting well.

I hope it all goes well for you, stay strong.