Who Is Watching You On Lush?

last reply
78 replies
6.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
This isn't about stalking, this is more... scary coincidence. For me, anyway. You're probably thinking, WTF? Or, WTHIWWY? Or, What the hell does WTHIWWY mean? It's "what the hell is wrong with you?"

But anyway... Often, when I read a thread, I am reading it, and then get to the end, where it tells you who else is reading the thread at the same time. And often, it says, "Guest, Shylass". It doesn't happen all the time, but in waves. If it's a popular thread, I always see the names of logged-in Lush people, at busy times, and sometimes Guest as well, and that's fine. And other times, it's all quiet, and just me on my own reading either latest posts, or more frequently, really old posts/threads.

But other times, when it's really quiet on site, like sleeping cross-over, it's just me and Guest. And I'm all... mate! Are you following me? Or is it coincidence that one guest, when everyone else is quiet, is simply flitting about like I do, or lots of guests happen to be reading a single thread, or one Guest got there first and actually, I'm crashing their party and they're all... Shylass! Are you following me? Why is Guest reading posts from 2009 at the same time as me? Are they following me to see if I might express an opinion? Or to see if I blush? Or... to annoy me? Are they simply like-minded, in which case, why don't they sign up so I can see who they are? Why are they reading ancient threads with me?

Or is it just me?
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
A guest is just someone who is not a member that is checking out our awesome site. (who could blame them? We rock!) No need to be freaked out about it.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
A guest is just someone who is not a member that is checking out our awesome site. (who could blame them? We rock!) No need to be freaked out about it.

I know, but are they really? Are they maybe a member called Guest (not the same as Guest who has 50 billion posts and a generic avatar), and are thinking I know something they don't, so they have to follow? Are they a member just not signed in and trailing me for the best of the forgotten threads? Have I unwittingly managed to become a Guest magnet and they have no choice but to see what I see? Or am I bizarrely channelling their every step (it's true, I often know when somebody is about to phone me, or Facebook me before they do it)?

Seriously, am I the only one to notice this?

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes

EDIT: GUEST IS LOOKING RIGHT NOW! GUEST! PLEASE SIGN UP AND TELL ME WHY YOU ARE FOLLOWING ME! And I seeee yooooou, LadyX...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
you are never alone im watching you very closely ..ur every move

'..May the Lord watch between you and me when we are absent from one another..' Gen31:49 😇

Lurker
0 likes
Well, I am currently sharing my viewing pleasure with: Guest and Tempting_Tigress...

I do think the guest thing is nothing to worry about... Well, I did until NOW!!!

Bloody Shylass, you're gonna get me all paranoid too!!
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah, I've noticed too. It's kinda spooky. I mean here I am, lurking about and I see this Guest and it seems to follow me no matter what thread I go to. I know it's just my paranoid mind being a dick, but I can't help wonder if I'm being stalked even in the real world (sorry if this thought scares you, but it scares me too) by some dude or dudette called Guest.
0 likes
"Guest" was "created" in 2006 and does not have any profile.
It is assigned to everyone that is not logged in.
Gav can clarify if you are still freaked out.

Gav is real. I think...
Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
i hope lots of people are watching me.... ;-)
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Oh my! Y'all are paranoid! There is no one out to get you or stalk you! LOL It is just someone checking out the site or it is a member that is looking in the forums but not signed in. No boogey monsters, I promise!
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's a community... but not for all, only for members.

boogey monsters, stalkers or just curious Guests..
They should not be allowed to read a post. Maybe to read stories and without looking at profiles. End

They want more than sign up! Period!

They say that you don't need to buy the cow if you get the milk for free.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Lurker
0 likes
The guest or other member noted was the person that was last there. If a buddy posted the last one, and you respond, at times you can refresh the page, and PRESTO, the name is gone.

Now pass the pipe, I think you've had enough.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by eviotis
Now pass the pipe, I think you've had enough.

I thought something similar when I read this post .... it did show me as the only viewer at the time, so I wondered .... what is Shylass talkin' about? lol

Here you go, Eviotis ..... *inhales* .... *giggles*

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
I honestly do know who Guest is, and Guest, but I wondered about Guest. I will now call Guest "Fred", and he can keep trailing me round like the bear with me (who is also called Fred).

I just wondered if anybody else thought the same as me, really. And some do (funnily enough, the ones who do are on my friend list, I believe).

Gav has to be real, nobody who sends the kind of Lush Admin messages I have been recieving could possibly have sprung from my imagination!

EDIT: If Lush didn't have open forums, I would never have joined. Some of you may be glad about that, but I did, and I'm glad it's the way it is.

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by FelineFantasy
Guest is not just one person, it can be a plethora of people as they do not have an account but still want to enjoy the Lush website.
So whenever you're lurking on ancient threads, there is someone just as cool as you who shares a common interest. Embrace Guest! smile

As long as Guest (who I now call Fred) does not follow me into the toilet or steal my cookies without asking, I will be happy to cuddle.

Clumeleon
0 likes
You know, if everyone in the world joined Lush, we wouldn't have this problem.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by clum
You know, if everyone in the world joined Lush, we wouldn't have this problem.

Clum, trust me. The rate my mother can nag, you'd take that thought back and prefer the Guest Fred issue the second she joined!

Clumeleon
0 likes
Fred is really interested in this thread. He's been looking at it all day.
Lurker
0 likes
Looks like Fred has left the thread for the time being, but here's a thought: what if Guest is actually you, but in a parallel universe?
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Gurlyboy
Looks like Fred has left the thread for the time being, but here's a thought: what if Guest is actually you, but in a parallel universe?

I was wondering if he was my shadow. But he's disappeared for the time being... Or so he wants me to think...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by PersonalAssistant

I thought something similar when I read this post .... it did show me as the only viewer at the time, so I wondered .... what is Shylass talkin' about? lol

Here you go, Eviotis ..... *inhales* .... *giggles*

can I get it passed this away?
first big chuckle of the day!!! Thanks
sex is like a joke...it's only good if you get it

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

I was wondering if he was my shadow. But he's disappeared for the time being... Or so he wants me to think...

I think he's got a cloak of invisibility
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
FRED SPOTTING! I can SEE him! he's here! ok, now i'm getting a little paranoid too! *shivers and hides*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
You know... I love you guys...

I don't feel mad at all in this place...
Divine Rapscallion
0 likes
Quote by Gurlyboy

I have a notion about Guest: Several people (myself included) stay logged in all the time via smartphone, and I wonder, if we just close our browser app without exiting the site first, do we show up as Guest in the last place we visited? I think that may be contributing to the amount of Guest ghosting we're seeing, but it is a completely unsubstantiated theory that I came up with on my own, so I could be full of beans.

Maggie R
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by magnificent1rascal

I have a notion about Guest: Several people (myself included) stay logged in all the time via smartphone, and I wonder, if we just close our browser app without exiting the site first, do we show up as Guest in the last place we visited? I think that may be contributing to the amount of Guest ghosting we're seeing, but it is a completely unsubstantiated theory that I came up with on my own, so I could be full of beans.

Oh, I do that too... In fact, I'm usually logged in on 4 different devices (tried to log in on the Lelo, but that doesn't work)...

I hope I don't break Lush...

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by magnificent1rascal

Sounds like a plausible theory to me, heck as Mazza said, I'm currently logged in on 3 different devices and on one I'm logged in with 2 browsers. I'm just too dang lazy to log out all the time. So, Fred you enjoying our little speculative thread about ya?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am NOT paranoid! Anyone who says otherwise is just itching for a fight. But if I were paranoid, which as I say, I am not, I'd have DARNED good reason to be!
"There's only three tempos: slow, medium and fast. When you get between in the cracks, ain't nuthin' happenin'." Ben Webster
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
im super stoned and this is like the funniest thread ever...i used to wonder who the guest was too. thought it was mods moderating in stealth..
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..