Announcing out latest competition - $500 First Prize

last reply
46 replies
3.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
I've posted this elsewhere, but there's no harm putting it in 2 places.

We've been incredibly busy behind the scenes this year on lush, and it's about time we ran a new competition.

To celebrate the introduction of our Lush Gold Membership, along with the launch of our Mobile site and soon-to-be-launched Android App, we’d like to announce our latest story contest, the "VIP" sex story competition - full details may be found here: http://www.lushstories.com/competitions/vip.aspx

The first prize is our biggest to date, the winner receives $500.

All of the top 10 stories will feature in a new ebook, which will earn the authors an equal share of royalties, as well as exposure on Amazon.

Have fun with the theme everyone, we look forward to reading your entries!

Cheers,

Nicola
Lurker
0 likes
I want to join but will be in basic training when the winners are announced. If by some stroke of luck I beat all these good authors and place in the top 3 what would happen?

Edit: I may just join and hope I get in the top 10.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Hyourinmaru
I want to join but will be in basic training when the winners are announced. If by some stroke of luck I beat all these good authors and place in the top 3 what would happen?

Edit: I may just join and hope I get in the top 10.

If you won, you'd get the money regardless.

Get scribbling!
Lurker
0 likes
Yes Ma'am.

Got a story in mind and everything
Matriarch
0 likes
Looking forward to reading your entry.

Good luck!
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by Hyourinmaru
Yes Ma'am.

Got a story in mind and everything

Matriarch
0 likes
A dozen good entries so far.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
some of the entries, so far, are really good, btw. bring your A game people, Lush has some of the best erotica writers on the web.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Yes they are... I am totally questioning myself now... Don't even know if I should bother finishing mine!! lol

(I will, but the competition is stiff! hahah)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Mazza
Yes they are... I am totally questioning myself now... Don't even know if I should bother finishing mine!! lol

*giggle* yep, there are lots of stiffies (double meaning totally intended)

And you better finish that story, Miss My-Stories-Make-People-Wonder-Why-Angel's-Turning-Red
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

i will hound you until you enter, Mazza - be warned. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

i will hound you until you enter, Mazza - be warned. smile

And I'll be right there supplying her with cookies. Sprite on a sugar high is an unforgettable sight.
Cocolicious
0 likes
Quote by Mazza

I had that thought but I think we both should finish our stories and enter, Mazza... Maybe hope for top 10!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by one_winged_angel

And I'll be right there supplying her with cookies. Sprite on a sugar high is an unforgettable sight.

*giggles* i am not allowed sugar and caffeine together, or much sugar at all - apparently it awakes me from my usual lethargic state!

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I'm working on an entry as well after an inspiring conversation last night sparked some ideas on one of my favourite dirty fantasies.

And of course, the VIP theme is a hard one to resist.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I'm working on an entry as well after an inspiring conversation last night sparked some ideas on one of my favourite dirty fantasies.

YEAH! that makes my whole week! *hugs*

Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Doll's entering!? Bollocks to it, then. *throws away story and picks up bottle of wine*
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by clum

Doll's entering!? Bollocks to it, then. *throws away story and picks up bottle of wine*

lol - that should be a reason to go all out and write a killer story, silly - that's what i'm doing! the heat is on!

Lurker
0 likes
Everyone better than me needs to not enter so I have a chance of winning.
Matriarch
0 likes
A reminder, all the Top 10 will be compiled into an eBook, which will be promoted on the front of lush (4 million monthly impressions), sold through Amazon and marketed by us. Each author will get the same revshare.

Publishers are always on the lookout for new talent, ebooks are definitely an excellent way for you to become "discovered" (as is publishing on lush).

It does happen.
Cocolicious
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Well, that did it! Don't have a chance....

***runs into a corner, throwing notebook paper in the air!!!***
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by cocokisses

Well, that did it! Don't have a chance....

***runs into a corner, throwing notebook paper in the air!!!***

Awww, come out of there coco, I has cookie for jooo

On a side note, I'm glad I got mine in already, otherwise I'd be pulling coco out of the corner so that I could take her place with my teddybear for company.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Jeez guys, I'm starting to sweat under the pressure now.

It's funny how I'm extremely competitive in so many other areas of life, but something about writing that brings out the insecure little girl in me for some reason. That might be why I've avoided the contests until now. Shhh...
Lurker
0 likes
I have a question for the mods out there.
In the last competition (winter cabin) we were only allowed a max of 3000 words.
Does that apply to this comp?
Please let me know. Thanx
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
Jeez guys, I'm starting to sweat under the pressure now.

It's funny how I'm extremely competitive in so many other areas of life, but something about writing that brings out the insecure little girl in me for some reason. That might be why I've avoided the contests until now. Shhh...

you are going DOWN! and HARD! there, hope that helps - i am going to kick your sorry ass unless you bring it UFC style, so you better just kick it into high gear, you.. you... blonde Canadian writer, you, cause i am play hardball, baby. no holds barred. Taking it to the HOOD! Yeah, baby! *giggles* see what i said about expectations? they totally fuck you up! smile

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by sholomrabin
I have a question for the mods out there.
In the last competition (winter cabin) we were only allowed a max of 3000 words.
Does that apply to this comp?
Please let me know. Thanx

nope - just like regular stories, minimum of 6,000 characters, max of 10,000 words. smile

Lurker
0 likes
thanx sprite.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by sprite
nope - just like regular stories, minimum of 6,000 characters, max of 10,000 words. smile

Except poems, obviously.