Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Just wondering - can relationships begun through Lush last?

last reply
66 replies
9.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Of course they can. We actually have a couple that met on here and got married not too long ago.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
Of course they can. We actually have a couple that met on here and got married not too long ago.

I was gonna say that but I wasn't sure if I'd made it up. Thanks, Pixie.
Lurker
0 likes
I think so...
Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
what does "last" mean????

they can, i think... but like real life relationships they will change to survive.
Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by Mazza
I think so...

0 likes
All relationships are in transition.

Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Quote by clum

I was gonna say that but I wasn't sure if I'd made it up. Thanks, Pixie.

Nope, you would have been right. It is totally true. smile
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
There are so many different types of relationship. Just because you meet on Lush, or anywhere online, doesn't mean the relationship can't or won't last. Where you meet really doesn't matter, if you hit it off with someone and I don't just mean that romantically, chances are the relationship will survive.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i can say for sure that i have several friendships from here that have lasted nearly 3 years...(since i first found lush)
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by clum

Love you!

Lurker
0 likes
I would like to think yes, but the reality of it, is its almost easier here. You don't have the everyday stresses of taking care of a family together, a home, finances, etc. so a relationship online in a strange way seems almost blissful. You relish in the time you have and leave your stresses behind. My opinion, but hell what do I know!
Lurker
0 likes
Definitely not, I saw almost 90% people have slut status. And the rest live fake lives. Maybe 4-5% are telling true and be truth in their lives, rest are all lies. We are all here for our fantasies I guess, fantasies which we can't fulfill in our real life, we try to get them here with chat and imagination. Making your real life relationship, on the basis of these lies, won't last long. One day or another you have to face the real life, at that point your relationship will definitely break.
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Quote by Love9Inch
Definitely not, I saw almost 90% people have slut status. And the rest live fake lives. Maybe 4-5% are telling true and be truth in their lives, rest are all lies. We are all here for our fantasies I guess, fantasies which we can't fulfill in our real life, we try to get them here with chat and imagination. Making your real life relationship, on the basis of these lies, won't last long. One day or another you have to face the real life, at that point your relationship will definitely break.

There is pessimism at its finest.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Ravyn

There is pessimism at its finest.

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, I believe given the right perspective, relationships formed on the internet and on Lush can survive. In fact deep bonds can be formed.

Like any relationship though, in order to survive, they need working at.

Internet Sensation
0 likes
(Topic moved)

Theere's no doubt that they can. It's just a matter of meeting the right person, just as in real life.
It can be very hard to find that person but when you do and feel like that's the one.. meet up, before it's too late. I think that's necessary for it to work out in the long run.
To have a 2-3 year online relationship before meeting up I think won't do you any good.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by swollen
Yes, I believe given the right perspective, relationships formed on the internet and on Lush can survive. In fact deep bonds can be formed.

Like any relationship though, in order to survive, they need working at.

It is possible, after being here for nearly 4 years I have met several great people - some of them are truly special and have stood the test of time! But as Swollen says - you have to work at it - it pays off in the long run.
Isolation - A Tale Of Star-Crossed Lovers
By
hartclass & CumGirl

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
as long as you both are truthful...yes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So who are those crazy mofos who got married?

But catnip is right, you need to meet irl or else it will end up nowhere.
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think it possible they can last, but lets face it, like on the net is often directly proportional to distance. You aren't going to meet someone here you can ask out Saturday night. And so many people are married, which adds another barrier.
Matriarch
0 likes
Probably at least as much chance, as if you had met through a dating site.

There are no restrictions here, you don't have to pay for anything, it's all free. Which means you can chat to anyone you might like 1 on 1, message them, as many times as you wish, develop a relationship prior to calling / meeting up.

Plus if they are truthful in their profile, you already know a great deal about them, and can see if you share common interests.
Lurker
0 likes
IT DEPENDS...YOU ARE SO LUCKY IF SOMEONE IS VERY WILLING TO PURSUE BEING WITH YOU, DESPITE OF YOUR GEOGRAPHICAL DIFFERENCES.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Relationships can last if the people want them to. It doesn't matter where they start.
Lurker
0 likes
If it is a friendship or romantic, of course it can last and stand the test of time! If you share a strong bond with a human it can last forever I believe
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by Love9Inch

this seems to be very true ..... many of us have attempted/given into the Lush romance/cyber/lust .... only to be disappointed or aghast at how things go/end/fade away into dust, left disillusioned and hurt.

The very few that do succeed, are a rarity.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
it depends on the wants and needs of those 2 ppl .....it can and cannot happen....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Over the years I've probably met, face to face, with about 6-8 people from online venues; 8-12 if phone conversations count. Still have 1 good friend, of over 8 years, from that; so yes.
Cogent Sensualist
0 likes
Echoing the above. I have friends on here that I've been in contact with for years and I don't see them going away. Romantically, you can only go on so long without things progressing from online, to text, to phone or video, to rl. You can meet people anywhere and Lush is no exception. The one odd nuance to it all is that, given the nature of the site, the odds are pretty high that you know your date's sexual fantasies before you ever meet and that's not exactly "typical" of other places you may have met. Yes, there's the geographical issue, and I know a few 'couples' that are separated by several states, countries, even an ocean or two, and make it "work" for a while. I know of several multi-year romances on Lush and that's impressive online or off so why denigrate the online thing. Yes, its not "complicated" by co-habitating, but any relationship that hasn't taken that step is similarly uncomplicated. In short: why not?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WorkAlone
Echoing the above. I have friends on here that I've been in contact with for years and I don't see them going away. Romantically, you can only go on so long without things progressing from online, to text, to phone or video, to rl. You can meet people anywhere and Lush is no exception. The one odd nuance to it all is that, given the nature of the site, the odds are pretty high that you know your date's sexual fantasies before you ever meet and that's not exactly "typical" of other places you may have met. Yes, there's the geographical issue, and I know a few 'couples' that are separated by several states, countries, even an ocean or two, and make it "work" for a while. I know of several multi-year romances on Lush and that's impressive online or off so why denigrate the online thing. Yes, its not "complicated" by co-habitating, but any relationship that hasn't taken that step is similarly uncomplicated. In short: why not?

I agree with WorkAlone.
You never know...it depends on the individuals.