0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
what does separation mean to you?
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
It's pre-divorce or pre-breakup.

This is the stage where you find out if you actually prefer single life over being in a mediocre relationship. Depending on the rules, you can date or mess around with other people (always set those rules or else it has the potential to go to hell if there's miscommunication about what's allowed!).

Depending on how this stage goes or how many single friends the person has that rally around them for nights out and showing them all the opportunities and fun that can be had with the single-life, it may just be a stepping stone to a formal breakup.

If the person doesn't have as much fun as they thought, they may decide they'd rather stick with their relationship instead ie. willing to 'settle' for a relationship that is less than ideal but one that they feel is still better than having to go at life alone.
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
the state of not being together

two singles (whatever that means to you) that are not together

when together .... they are united

I presume, as DD has stated above, you are referring to a relationship. Separation usually means the trial to figure out if being apart is appropriate ... and leaves the gate open to resume the relationship if that's decided.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Hall Pass, dude.

You're either giving or getting - especially if there is very little discussion. If you don't know what it means (as it varies amongst couples) especially (as DD mentioned) there's no communications, either way - you're getting fucked.

One kind is preferable to the other kind, I'm pretty sure.

Of course, if you're the separator (and your wife/partner discovers you been sleeping where you shouldn't have been sleeping, beforehand). You could get fucked well and fucked badly @ the same time.

On that note: I like orange juice too (under a gallon @ a time).
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Seems to me that mine was a setting out of the plan to disolve the marriage. It was my husbands desire to try the single life again and not have to think so much about me and my lady friends.

I knew it was the end and I feared he was trying to grab all our assets for himself. That did not work and we ended up sharing everything but the dog and it was my dog in the first place.

I know couples do get back together, but most I know it is a very long process.