last reply
21 replies
3.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Hi

I'm after tips for how to exercise in my flat as can't afford a gym sad and desperate to loose the love handles mainly, but the extra baggage around my middle too :/

Thank you smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Best thing without spending money did it for me anyways walking lots of it specially if you have hills in your area
“I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.”~Frank Sinatra~
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks rider - I do some walking but need to step it up a bit smile
Lurker
0 likes
You could also see if there are any walking clubs in your area.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
One method you could use is dancing. Put some music on and go wild....
Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Thanks for the suggestions. I like the dancing one. Might invest in Zumba for my Wii and go from there smile
Lurker
0 likes
Wear that top to Zumba, and they may give you the membership for FREE. I am certain you will increase their male membership!
Lurker
0 likes
Dynamic Warmup/Stretching

Begin with a dynamic warmup/stretching for approximately 5 minutes. This will increase your heart rate, warm/loosen up your muscles, and get a little sweat going. Complete each stretch until you feel a SLIGHT discomfort/tension then release.

Knee Hugs - 1 x 20 reps (alternating legs)
Quad Stretch - 1 x 20 reps (alternating legs)
Walking Toe Touch - 1 x 20 reps (alternating legs)
Side to Side Lunges - 1 x 20 reps (alternating legs)
Jumping Jacks - 1 minute
Jump Rope - 1 minute

Workout

Being new to working out, try working out 3-5 days per week. An intensity of light to moderate, going for 2 or 3 sets, 8-10 reps, with 30-45 seconds rest in between each set. Each workout session should be 20-30 minutes long to begin with. Start with larger muscle groups first then smaller muscle groups, also multiple joint exercises then to single joint exercises last.

Burpee - 3 x 8 reps
Prison Squat - 3 x 8 reps
Forward Lunges - 2 x 8 reps (complete 1 set for each leg)
Bridge - 3 x 8 reps
Mountain Climbers - 3 x 8 reps
Moderate Pushups - 3 x 8 reps
Flutter Kicks - 2 x 8 reps
Superman - 3 x 8 reps
Plank - 3 x 30 seconds

Cardio

I don’t know where you live, but weather permitting, try walking for 30 minutes each day. Maybe a 15 minute morning walk, then 15 minutes in the evening, or however you see fit. After building up on walking for 30 minutes, try jogging for 20 minutes. Also hit the stairs instead of using an elevator, thats providing you do not live or work in a 10+ story building. Using the stairs is an easy way burn calories during your everyday life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I found these videos on youtube of Jillian Michaels DVDs
its the 30 day shred - 3 different levels for 10 days
i dont have weights so i just use water bottles lol
I swear they work! if only you keep at it which is my problem! did the first 20 days and began to lack! definitely getting my ass in gear for the whole of january!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdJ9jJv594&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjS2Sx45NNs

Hope this helps!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by thunderroad93
I found these videos on youtube of Jillian Michaels DVDs
its the 30 day shred - 3 different levels for 10 days
i dont have weights so i just use water bottles lol
I swear they work! if only you keep at it which is my problem! did the first 20 days and began to lack! definitely getting my ass in gear for the whole of january!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKdJ9jJv594&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjS2Sx45NNs

Hope this helps!

The 30 day shred is actually a pretty impressive workout - a manageable muscle-confusion workout that you can do in 20 minutes a day*. Not sure it can give you the weight loss it claims but it's fine for toning and giving you a good base level of fitness.

*Of course to get it done in 20 minutes there is NO REST during the whole of that period
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There are actually a lot of home-workouts that you can find almost anywhere.
Books, DVDs, even on the television, that you can follow along with.
Not to mention, the internet. LOL just search it up on the internet or on YouTube and
I'm sure you'll get a lot of results (;
~Crystal; PM Me.?
Lurker
0 likes
i workout two to three times a day. nothing special just some free weights and cardo if i feel up to it. i love to walk and hike as well. go at your own pace and if your feeling froggy then push yourself a little more. you may just find that you like it and want more. before you know it you will be doing stuff you never thought you would.
Lurker
0 likes
Check out you tube. Hordes of work outs aimed at particular muscle groups, or just eat sensibly and do a work out while watching TV instead of snacking. You'll probably go to bed earlier as well.

peas.
Lurker
0 likes
Try the workout called Insanity. It kicks your butt. You do cardio and work every muscle in your body. Your body as the weight. It is interval training. 60 day program at home use. First 30 days is 30 minutes to 40 minutes. Warm up stretch and then workout and cool down. It is the best workout.
Lurker
0 likes
You can do any work out you want.. Run, train cycle in the end 70% is diet.. I would start off first by cutting alcohol, complex carbs, salt and sugar.. Then I would run or speed walk every morning on an empty stomach for 45 minutes, the same thing in the evening, 7 days a week..After a month you should see some changes..The key is consistency.. Good luck..
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I read a lot about the different types of workouts you could do, but you're goal should be addressed on multiple fronts.. Now I'm not an expert but I would say your diet is half the battle!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
YouTube has a lot of great workouts, some that don't require a lot of space to do them in!
Lurker
0 likes
Sorry but it needs to be a combination of exercise and -that bad word- diet.

The exercise needs to be high tempo, and have enough resistance.

It's much tougher for girls, unfortunately. You need to be much more disciplined, and work harder to gain muscle mass.

If you are serious and want more advise, I'd be happy to provide some suggestions, however don't want to spend much time typing here. Most people lack the determination, so it would be just posting to deaf ears -so to speak.

Best of luck
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Diet, and eating healthy is the most important thing.
Lurker
0 likes
off topic but post above (topless girl doing yoga) reminds me of funny story... a female co-worker wanted me to go to a yoga class with her. She was attractive and I expected the ladies in yoga outfits would make it worthwhile and I was looking forward to it. It turned out to be a Bikram Yoga class - 90 degrees and 90% humidity. After 10 minutes I would not have noticed if every woman in there was nude...I was so worn out by the heat and humidity! I did continue to attend because it was such a wonderful feeling to finally finish after 90 minutes of that. Like the feeling of hitting yourself in the head with a 2x4 because it feels so good to stop.