Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

The New Mars Rover Curiosity Options · View
RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 7:32:26 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/9/2012
Posts: 79
Location: Second star to the right...straight on til morning
@ Nazhinaz....

"I still hold that the more fortunate and wealthy nations must contribute to develop less fortunate people and nations."

Where does this selfishness come from? Why do you think you have the authority to dictate the actions of others, be they people or nations? Who told you that your moral clarity is superior to all others? Is their some voice in your head that tells you it's ok to force others to your way of thinking because you think your fire burns brighter?

The worst dictators and megalomaniacs in history have laid millions in an early grave using the same moral clairvoience you express in every post.

" it is for the good of others that we steal what you have rightly earn, therefore it is not theft but social redistribution."

Which will eventually become 'Mao's cultural revolution'. Until one morning you wake up in a cot with all the others in the gulag you now call home uttering the words; "yeah, but I didn't mean this!"

Your need to take what others created is evil in pure form because it shows the way you justify your own existence. Moral because you steal in the name of the needy.
I will fight you and the evil that think the way you do with my last breath leaving nothing for the looters like you to feed off of except my rotting carcas.

Have a nice day!icon_smile




"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
1ball
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 7:46:56 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/13/2011
Posts: 970
Location: United States
nazhinaz wrote:


I did not back out.
I still hold that the more fortunate and wealthy nations must contribute to develop less fortunate people and nations.
Even in self interest; to create and develop a market for our products, we need to develop less developed to be able to buy our products.
That is besides the humanistic values, a self interest based decision.
And if we can start by sending a nickle to a kid in Africa today; maybe soon you will urge your government to do much more for all the poor kids in Africa and elsewhere.
One has to take a start to feel for others; soon one will feel compelled to urge the government to help the less fortunate nations too.
A begining in the right direction is half achievement.


I noticed you still haven't answered my questions.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
1ball
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 7:48:20 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/13/2011
Posts: 970
Location: United States
Jack_42 wrote:



[Oh of course I meant oppression getting my fascist armband on now.]


If it fits, you might as well wear it proudly.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Dani
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 9:56:05 AM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch
Moderator

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 7,202
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
nazhinaz wrote:


I did not back out.
I still hold that the more fortunate and wealthy nations must contribute to develop less fortunate people and nations.
Even in self interest; to create and develop a market for our products, we need to develop less developed to be able to buy our products.
That is besides the humanistic values, a self interest based decision.
And if we can start by sending a nickle to a kid in Africa today; maybe soon you will urge your government to do much more for all the poor kids in Africa and elsewhere.
One has to take a start to feel for others; soon one will feel compelled to urge the government to help the less fortunate nations too.
A begining in the right direction is half achievement.


Is beating around the bush a debating tactic of yours? If so, bravo. Once again you've completely managed to avoid the topic at hand and subtly sneak in a new one. You'd make an awesome car salesman, my friend. But I'm afraid you've exhausted this subject...whatever the subject is (there's really no telling with you). Trying to get you to understand and focus on logic is akin to nailing jell-o to the wall. If this was your objective, then job well done. Applause

You speak of nothing but ideals and hypothetical situations. When you finally present some facts and some realistic viewpoints, I'll be more than happy to broach this subject with you again.

I'm sure someone else will be on standby waiting to read yet another of your impassioned, factless/tactless poetic stanzas that'll no doubt follow my reply.



RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Monday, August 13, 2012 11:24:46 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/9/2012
Posts: 79
Location: Second star to the right...straight on til morning
@ SlipperyWhenWet


"Nailing jell-o to the wall" says it all in one line.


I'm so not worthy,

RM

"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
nazhinaz
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:56:56 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/16/2010
Posts: 295
Location: Longview, United States
slipperywhenwet2012 wrote:


Is beating around the bush a debating tactic of yours? If so, bravo. Once again you've completely managed to avoid the topic at hand and subtly sneak in a new one. You'd make an awesome car salesman, my friend. But I'm afraid you've exhausted this subject...whatever the subject is (there's really no telling with you). Trying to get you to understand and focus on logic is akin to nailing jell-o to the wall. If this was your objective, then job well done. Applause

You speak of nothing but ideals and hypothetical situations. When you finally present some facts and some realistic viewpoints, I'll be more than happy to broach this subject with you again.

I'm sure someone else will be on standby waiting to read yet another of your impassioned, factless/tactless poetic stanzas that'll no doubt follow my reply.

Well, if these are just poetic stanzas, humanity stated communicating through poetry.
And inspite of milliniums gone by, poetry is still supposed to be the LANGUAGE OF MANKIND.
If I am speaking through poetic language, I feel thats a compliment to me.
And if the contribution of wealthier nations to the poorer ones, you better reach out your governments to stop funding scores of poor nations of Africa and Asia.
Unless your governments stop such funding, it clearly shows that the vast majority of your country still is on the side of these poetic stanza writers like me.
1ball
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:56:35 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/13/2011
Posts: 970
Location: United States
nazhinaz wrote:

Unless your governments stop such funding, it clearly shows that the vast majority of your country still is on the side of these poetic stanza writers like me.


Add this to the list of questions you're afraid to answer.

Does popularity prove that an idea is a good idea?

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Dani
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 12:55:10 PM

Rank: Big-Haired Bitch
Moderator

Joined: 12/25/2010
Posts: 7,202
Location: Under Your Bed, United States
nazhinaz wrote:

Well, if these are just poetic stanzas, humanity stated communicating through poetry.
And inspite of milliniums gone by, poetry is still supposed to be the LANGUAGE OF MANKIND.
If I am speaking through poetic language, I feel thats a compliment to me.
And if the contribution of wealthier nations to the poorer ones, you better reach out your governments to stop funding scores of poor nations of Africa and Asia.
Unless your governments stop such funding, it clearly shows that the vast majority of your country still is on the side of these poetic stanza writers like me.


Do you even know what you're talking about anymore? dontknow



WellMadeMale
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 3:52:43 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,858
Location: Cakeland, United States
RobinMaxwell760 wrote:
Contributions to our lives courtesy of NASA:

1) weather satellites that can give us days of warning to before weather destroys a coastline.
Millions of lives.


That's NOAA not NASA, but who's keeping score.

RobinMaxwell760 wrote:
2) surveillance satellites that have saved thousands of lives on the battle field.


My take is that those surveillance satellites have aided in the decimation of untold hundreds of thousands of so called enemy combatants (easily since the 1st Gulf War). And combined with your reason #3, have assisted in what we see now with the evolution of the drone technologies. Score a big one for worldwide conquest. Not really doing much to advance humanity with these technologies if you ask me. But again, this is just semantics.

RobinMaxwell760 wrote:
3) technology that gave us the GPS not just for our cars but to find lost ships at sea.


RobinMaxwell760 wrote:
4) improvements in the vaunted "solar cell" technology that we are all suppose to embrace... At least when the sun is out.


There ya go, it works half the time...About like NASA has since it was established. 50% realized production for 100% full time investment. That's a government program we can all get behind.

RobinMaxwell760 wrote:
5) bio growth technology that proved food can be grown in "0-G" faster and larger than down here on earth, kinda usefull since everyone wants us to stoP the space program and feed the world.


So down the road, you can see the world construction acres of space warehouses, orbiting the globe, utilizing this 0G & advanced solar cell technology, to then import our food back down to the planet? I don't know about the ROI feasibility of this plan.

RobinMaxwell760 wrote:
Theres 5 benefits from NASA. Now can I get five benefits humanity receives from welfare...just like mine; no abstracts, no hypotheticals, no intangeables. 5 benefits the world has gained from welfare programs.


There's four (and one honest mistake...but this is how guys like you argue - confusing facts). Photovoltaic technology & NASA is a natural fit in orbit. Big benefits to getting that perfected, but again...on Earth, it's good for 50% of the time. So, that's a half truth...about par for the course of most of your arguments.

What is your definition of welfare. Are these welfare programs?

What is it which you have against assisting your fellow man when your neighbor is $uffering? You right wingers are all over the Socialism aspect of The Perpetual Welfare State and how it rips you off, transferring your small amount of wealth over to people who are flagrantly abusing the system, the welfare queens and con artists (hint, the rest of us are against that too), but you heartless motherfuckers also claim to be red blooded, flag waving patriotic Americans and those of us who don't see things your way are bleeding heart do-gooders, who want to hand over America to minorities, illegal immigrants, baby factories and street beggars.

Where do we list all the benefits of Corporate Welfare?

RobinMaxwell760 wrote:
Btw: we'll made male, we'll start the search for a fat lady that can accommodate your mouth now.


Yo Robin, when you aren't letting your bulldog mouth overload your puppy dog ass...you and I can maybe have a conversation.

Get your facts straight, and quit making shit up. Your talking points (borrowed from the Tea Party) have been summarily dismissed for the last thirty years by people far more intelligent than me or you.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
1ball
Posted: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:54:45 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/13/2011
Posts: 970
Location: United States
RobinMaxwell760 wrote: wrote:

Contributions to our lives courtesy of NASA:

1) weather satellites that can give us days of warning to before weather destroys a coastline.
Millions of lives.



WellMadeMale wrote:

That's NOAA not NASA, but who's keeping score.


You believe NASA had nothing to do with the specifying, testing, launching, positioning or monitoring of weather satellites?

http://www.space.com/13435-nasa-npp-weather-climate-satellite-launch-wrap.html
http://climate.nasa.gov/
http://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseastconus.html
http://science.nasa.gov/missions/tiros/

Haven't you done enough damage to your credibility?

I know that you can't be trusted to deliver that kiss, but it's overdue. When you decide you want to have a serious discussion, you can start by answering the unanswered questions.


My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 10:25:21 AM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,858
Location: Cakeland, United States
1ball wrote:


You believe NASA had nothing to do with the specifying, testing, launching, positioning or monitoring of weather satellites?

http://www.space.com/13435-nasa-npp-weather-climate-satellite-launch-wrap.html
http://climate.nasa.gov/
http://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseastconus.html
http://science.nasa.gov/missions/tiros/

Haven't you done enough damage to your credibility?

I know that you can't be trusted to deliver that kiss, but it's overdue. When you decide you want to have a serious discussion, you can start by answering the unanswered questions.


That's what I'm looking for, chief. You committing some of your valuable time to digging up hotlinked urls to back up your arguments.

Now if only you could do that for all the fictional crapola you spew.

Incidentally, I didn't say what I believed - that's more of your accusatory babbling. I merely choose to ignore your BS when you post (whereas you simply have to retort to everyone to show us all how magnificently intelligent you are).

You're too easy to fish- 1ball, you jump on every top water lure thrown near your lily pads.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.
1ball
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:04:15 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/13/2011
Posts: 970
Location: United States
WellMadeMale wrote:


You're too easy to fish- 1ball, you jump on every top water lure thrown near your lily pads.


It seems pretty clear that you're interested in something other than what qualifies as thinking suitable for a think tank. You're too busy fishing and all you're pulling up is proof that you have no credibility. You babble, blather, dither, yammer and dodge. In an honest discussion, you don't get to choose which questions you answer.

Reason and free inquiry are the only effectual agents against error. -- Thomas
Jefferson, Notes on the State of Virginia, 1787


Why are you avoiding free inquiry? Is it simply that you lack the ability to earn credibility? You seek to dictate the terms of discussion, such that you have no accountability for your failure to make your case. I'm not buying it. You are without substance and you owe that fat lady's ass a kiss.

NASA acquired the Moon as US territory by Right of Discovery. Look it up. Refusal to believe it does not make it false. Correct?

NASA, acting as a civilian entity, was an instrument of US foreign policy during the Cold War. Correct?

The Cold War didn't become a global thermonuclear war. Correct?

US foreign policy did not fail us in that respect. Correct?

The Soviet Union failed to supply enough benefits to its people to survive as their form of government. Correct?

The Soviet Union spent a lot but lost the Space Race. Correct?

Assuming that part of NASA's mission was to prevent the Soviet Union from dominating in Space while avoiding global thermonuclear war, NASA succeeded. Correct?

RobinMaxwell760 provided 5 valid examples. Correct?

None of these are rhetorical questions. Failure to answer them will be taken as inability to earn credibility. You may stop pretending you have something valid to add to the discussion now.




My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 11:39:22 AM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/9/2012
Posts: 79
Location: Second star to the right...straight on til morning
@ WellMadeMan;

"That's NOAA not NASA, but who's keeping score."

Really?? National Oceanagraphic and Atmospheric Administration constructs rockets/satellites and has a ground control and launch facility somewhere (I say somewhere because they don't mention it's location on their website). NASA is going to be pissed because Eisenhower told them everything over 80,000 feet was there's.bs

Just to shorten this up, you say;

2
Survailance satellites are bad because they save American lives on the battle field from enemy ambush and bring a greater number men home to their loving families quicker with all their limbs still attached than could be had without them. Not really seeing that but....

3&4
No pints there because GPS isn't perfect (I thought you said in an earlier post you "didn't expect NASA to be perfect, humm...guess you do.) and solar cells only work when the sun is up(Really?!? they only work when the sun is out??? So the power they produce for free is of no consequence???). Well about 1 in 15 homes in my neighborhood have a solar panel on their roof so I guess those people are suckers.

5
No points ther because the food is not cost effective to import from space???? The food is grown in space so we don't have to launch food up there from Earth to be consumed by those that will be living in space in 20 or 30 years! That IS cost effective, but it is fascinating to see your mind working the empty portion of the glass.

From there you accuse me of twisting the fact or just "making up fact" when I clearly posted earlier that I got data from Ask.com.

THEN, you gave me 5 examples of the benefits to welfare programs like I asked you to, with; no intangables, no hypotheticals....NO, YOU DIDN'T, MY BAD.

INSTEAD, you asked me to more clearly define the question by answering it with more question:
Define welfare?

THEN you attacked me with: You 'rightwingers Don't want to help your fellow man' and how I'm a teapartyer and all for welfare for the evil corperation. From there it became a runny slurr that probably comes out of you naturally when you are forced to think instead of simplly react.

When I point out you owe a fat ladys ass a big smochie kiss, you attack me personally...boringly typical and all to predictable.

There are major differences between you and me, the biggest is you are a slave to your own idology and will be crushed by it when it collapeses in on you. I am a slave to myself only. With; reason, logic and an unbias view of the world around me I can't be let down by anyone but myself...that can't happen. If my views and beliefs are ever pointed to be wrong, I am the one that finds them first and adjustes without shame. When you realize your view is incorrect you change the unwanted facts to protect you preconceived conclusion.

After yet another insult( the white flag of all that have lost the arguement ) you lemented the loss of converstion between us. It is no loss. there was never a concversation between us because a conversation is interaction of thoughts in a listen/think/speak format. Anyone that has read your posts can clearly see that has never happened.


"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
Guest
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 4:26:16 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 816,693
DirtyMartini
Posted: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:36:56 PM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,910
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
jollylolly wrote:
I thought we were going to Mars to get more candy bars?? That's like 2 birds one stone. Bravo NASA.


Yeah, that makes perfect sense to me...after all, didn't we go to the moon to get more Moon Pies?

I have to agree with Xuani, I think we need a Feel Tank, way too much thinking in this tank...

Btw, I heard the Curiosity didn't get a real warm reception when it landed...




You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

nazhinaz
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:15:12 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/16/2010
Posts: 295
Location: Longview, United States
1ball wrote:


Add this to the list of questions you're afraid to answer.

Does popularity prove that an idea is a good idea?


If popular opinion does not count for anyone, to me he is as bad an extremist as Mulla Umer or Hitler was.
We all follow the popular opinion and popular votes to make or amend laws.
Just holding any opinion, how much "good" it may appeal to one, does not count.
What counts is the vast majority of people and that makes the laws of the land.
And to me the vast majority of our land agree to my point of view.
1ball
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:42:42 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/13/2011
Posts: 970
Location: United States
1ball wrote:

Add this to the list of questions you're afraid to answer.

Does popularity prove that an idea is a good idea?

nazhinaz wrote:


If popular opinion does not count for anyone, to me he is as bad an extremist as Mulla Umer or Hitler was.
We all follow the popular opinion and popular votes to make or amend laws.
Just holding any opinion, how much "good" it may appeal to one, does not count.
What counts is the vast majority of people and that makes the laws of the land.
And to me the vast majority of our land agree to my point of view.


I guess I'll just have to accept that as your cowardly way of saying that yes, you believe popularity proves an idea is a good idea. So in places where the death penalty is popular, it's a good idea? And in places where female genital mutilation is popular, it's a good idea? Or are these just examples of where you would contradict yourself?

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
nazhinaz
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:32:57 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/16/2010
Posts: 295
Location: Longview, United States
1ball wrote:
1ball wrote:

Add this to the list of questions you're afraid to answer.

Does popularity prove that an idea is a good idea?



I guess I'll just have to accept that as your cowardly way of saying that yes, you believe popularity proves an idea is a good idea. So in places where the death penalty is popular, it's a good idea? And in places where female genital mutilation is popular, it's a good idea? Or are these just examples of where you would contradict yourself?

I did not say that a popular idea is good or bad.
I said the popular opinion holds sway as it becomes the law of the land unless amended, altered or changed.
And laws are to be be abided by; by all those who may agree or not, and also those who desire to change it.
But those who do not submit to the laws of the land and insist that their opinion is better than the vast majority, are for sure EXTREMEISTS, LIKE MULLA UMER.
1ball
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:57:15 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/13/2011
Posts: 970
Location: United States
nazhinaz wrote:

I did not say that a popular idea is good or bad.


Is that because you lack the ability to decide, for example, that slavery is bad?

Quote:
But those who do not submit to the laws of the land and insist that their opinion is better than the vast majority, are for sure EXTREMEISTS, LIKE MULLA UMER.


Were the people who participated in the Underground Railroad "EXTREMEISTS"? They did not submit to the laws of the land.

If a majority passed a law that forfeited the property of all blue-eyed people, would that be an exception to "And laws are to be be abided by; by all those who may agree or not, and also those who desire to change it."?

Isn't there some underlying principle that transcends all laws and all majority decisions for the sake of the individual?

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Ruthie
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:43:54 AM

Rank: Moderator Emeritus
Moderator

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 3,392
Location: The wilder parts. , United States
1ball wrote:


NASA acquired the Moon as US territory by Right of Discovery. Look it up. Refusal to believe it does not make it false. Correct?


The moon is not US territory. It is Terra nullius. It doesn't belong to any nation or person, but to the entirety of humanity. This is according to the outer space treaty of 1967, of which the USA is a ratified signatory. Refusal to believe your "facts" doesn't make them false. Being false makes them false.
Ruthie
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:58:42 AM

Rank: Moderator Emeritus
Moderator

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 3,392
Location: The wilder parts. , United States
http://www.noaa.gov/satellites.html

NOAA operates weather satellites. No matter how badly RobinMaxwell760 wants NASA to have the credit, the monitoring of weather is done from NOAA geostationary satellites and polar-orbiting satellites. Not all satellites belong to NASA. There are numerous private corporations with satellites in space. Some of them were placed in orbit by NASA, but not all of them. If big screen TVs are shipped by UPS it doesn't mean that UPS is in the TV business.

1ball
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:03:19 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/13/2011
Posts: 970
Location: United States
CoopsRuthie wrote:


The moon is not US territory. It is Terra nullius. It doesn't belong to any nation or person, but to the entirety of humanity. This is according to the outer space treaty of 1967, of which the USA is a ratified signatory. Refusal to believe your "facts" doesn't make them false. Being false makes them false.


Treaties are easily broken. Naivete about the nature of treaties does not change the fact that the US has a claim to the Moon. All it takes for the US to nullify the treaty is to assert the claim to the Moon. By what right can anybody or any nation nullify that claim? The US very intentionally fulfilled the conditions of a claim by Right of Discovery, just in case any other nation that signed the treaty broke it, or any nation that never signed the treaty tried to claim it. NASA acquired that for the US. Refusal to agree changes nothing.

If you refuse to believe any of this, go to Yale or Harvard or some other place where they have experts in Right of Discovery or Right by Discovery. Try to find an honest expert as those places are known for having a large number of academics who aren't all that honest. Ask them if any other person or nation has a claim that precedes or supercedes the US claim. They'll tell you what that treaty is worth.

If another nation even gets close to the capability of landing people on the Moon, the US will try to get their first in order to avoid a claim that it abandoned the Moon.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
1ball
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:08:04 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/13/2011
Posts: 970
Location: United States
CoopsRuthie wrote:
http://www.noaa.gov/satellites.html

NOAA operates weather satellites. No matter how badly RobinMaxwell760 wants NASA to have the credit, the monitoring of weather is done from NOAA geostationary satellites and polar-orbiting satellites. Not all satellites belong to NASA. There are numerous private corporations with satellites in space. Some of them were placed in orbit by NASA, but not all of them. If big screen TVs are shipped by UPS it doesn't mean that UPS is in the TV business.



Completely irrelevant. NASA gets credit for what it does, not what it doesn't do. NASA had and has a big role in providing us with the advantages of weather satellites. To claim otherwise would be false. Agreed?

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Ruthie
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:17:06 PM

Rank: Moderator Emeritus
Moderator

Joined: 10/21/2010
Posts: 3,392
Location: The wilder parts. , United States
1ball wrote:


Completely irrelevant. NASA gets credit for what it does, not what it doesn't do. NASA had and has a big role in providing us with the advantages of weather satellites. To claim otherwise would be false. Agreed?


To claim that NASA gets all the credit for weather satellites when they were developed and are operated by a different agency is false. I agree.
1ball
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 12:20:46 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/13/2011
Posts: 970
Location: United States
CoopsRuthie wrote:


To claim that NASA gets all the credit for weather satellites when they were developed and are operated by a different agency is false. I agree.


Nobody made the claim that "NASA gets all the credit for weather satellites". Agreed?

And would you care to try again to answer the question that I asked instead of the one you were not afraid to answer?

Collectivists, there's not an honest one in the bunch.


My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Guest
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:38:46 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 816,693
This is for intermission. No other reason.

RobinMaxwell760
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:13:08 PM

Rank: Advanced Wordsmith

Joined: 7/9/2012
Posts: 79
Location: Second star to the right...straight on til morning
CoopsRuthie wrote:
http://www.noaa.gov/satellites.html

NOAA operates weather satellites. No matter how badly RobinMaxwell760 wants NASA to have the credit, the monitoring of weather is done from NOAA geostationary satellites and polar-orbiting satellites. Not all satellites belong to NASA. There are numerous private corporations with satellites in space. Some of them were placed in orbit by NASA, but not all of them. If big screen TVs are shipped by UPS it doesn't mean that UPS is in the TV business.



Ok, really slowly, no big words:

Never said NASA operates the satellite's, said they :
Assembled them.
Coupled them to the delivery system ( rocket ).
Created the telemetry to get them into orbit.
No NASA, no weather satellites, get it?

Why God, why am I surrounded with those that believe the idea is not worth following if the wording is not ever-so precise as to apise their self imposed limited intellectual boundary? Why Lord, in this land of the free are there so many of us that wish to enslave their own mind in an ideology -right or wrong- To feel they are part of something bigger that themselves? Why does a man wastes his time sifting the munesia hoping to find a crack of imperfection so that he may justify his existence in his effort to bring the windmills down?

You are what Stalin called a "useful Idiot", the problem is your proud; Coops.

RM

"I understand that 'Shit happens'! I don't under stand why I have to be under it when it does!!!"
RM
1ball
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 7:27:17 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/13/2011
Posts: 970
Location: United States
chefkathleen wrote:
This is for intermission. No other reason.


Thanks. That was fun.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
nazhinaz
Posted: Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:35:29 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/16/2010
Posts: 295
Location: Longview, United States
1ball wrote:


Were the people who participated in the Underground Railroad "EXTREMEISTS"? They did not submit to the laws of the land.

If a majority passed a law that forfeited the property of all blue-eyed people, would that be an exception to "And laws are to be be abided by; by all those who may agree or not, and also those who desire to change it."?

Isn't there some underlying principle that transcends all laws and all majority decisions for the sake of the individual?

Yes, according to the then prevelant norms and laws they were extremists.
Their opinion may be praise worthy now but then, opposing the norms set by society and working against the then norms was an act of extremism.
1ball
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 6:31:50 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 9/13/2011
Posts: 970
Location: United States
nazhinaz wrote:

Yes, according to the then prevelant norms and laws they were extremists.
Their opinion may be praise worthy now but then, opposing the norms set by society and working against the then norms was an act of extremism.


Then their extremism was helpful in the righting of terrible wrongs, agreed?

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.