Knowing the Worst?

last reply
27 replies
2.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Would you rather know the worst (something that feels like it rips your heart out), or just live in a constant state of not knowing?
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Depends what it is. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, but other times being told the hard truth is the best thing, maybe not there and then but in long term perspective.

E.g. say your partner is cheating on you and this is not just a one time thing. If I have to pick between knowing and not knowing then I'll pick knowing.

But I don't want to know which day I'm gonna die. On that matter I prefer living as an ignorant bastard and just regret it when it happens. I'd be too stressed if someone came to me and said "You're gonna die in 2 months". So much to do...
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by elitfromnorth
Depends what it is. Sometimes ignorance is bliss, but other times being told the hard truth is the best thing, maybe not there and then but in long term perspective.

E.g. say your partner is cheating on you and this is not just a one time thing. If I have to pick between knowing and not knowing then I'll pick knowing.

But I don't want to know which day I'm gonna die. On that matter I prefer living as an ignorant bastard and just regret it when it happens. I'd be too stressed if someone came to me and said "You're gonna die in 2 months". So much to do...

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Shylass
Would you rather know the worst (something that feels like it rips your heart out), or just live in a constant state of not knowing?

The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not knowing is worse than knowing take the pain deal wit it get over it and move on
Lurker
0 likes
I would rather know. It hurts more not knowing..
Sarcastic Coffee Aficionado
0 likes
Quote by elitfromnorth

Such a blanket question. It is all dependent on what it is .... did someone die? Will it change the outcome?

Honesty is usually the best policy ... though we all know, tact is a requirement for telling something that is less than joyous.
Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
about something lifechanging, i would rather be gently told the truth..... it saves everyone heartache in the long run....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Truth Always. Even if it hurts.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I will take living in ignorant bliss! There are none more happy than those who have no idea what is going on around them. Of course total ignorance is required for this to work. As soon as you get a hint of reality the whole utopia thing becomes an unbearable shitstorm.
[img][/img]
Lurker
0 likes
Tell the truth always
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
truth, always. its better to know, grieve, be pissed off, whatever and then move on. If you dont know sure ignorance is bliss but for how long?
Lurker
0 likes
No trickers or users! You always find out one way or another, sooner or later. Truth. Immediately. Always.
Lurker
0 likes
There is no substitute for the truth in individual relationships.
0 likes
sometimes i know to the worst of things than being in the dark on things.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
I'd rather know. I have a weird knack for knowing when I'm being lied to.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i'm definitely a sweep it under the carpet kind of guy...leave me in ignorance any day!

Sophisticate
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

They say ignorance is bliss, but I do not think so. If there is something you are fretting about, you should know one way or the other and deal with it. It may not be as bad as you imagined, and, in any event, you will deal with it. Much better than living and wondering and obsessing into deeper spirals of stress. Not knowing is not really a fool's paradise if you are worrying.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
hi all new to this any girls 21 to 60 up for a chat with me?? send me a msg if you are x
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nipper
hi all new to this any girls 21 to 60 up for a chat with me?? send me a msg if you are x

Dude, this isn't the right thread for begging.........

I'll take not knowing as long as I don't even have a hint.......Like a mushroom. Keep me in the dark and cover me with shit and I'll flourish.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Good question. In my Lush/fantasy world, I don't really want to know it all, it's kinda nice just to know and enjoy the good bits. However, in my 'real' life and world, oh yes, I sure do want to know it all - good, bad and the ugly!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i would rather know the hard truth it is easier to deal with than not knowing
and wondering you can't try to fix what you don't know
what's up sunshine
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I've always opted for the agonizing truth. Or others have made the decision for me.
The Bee's Knees
0 likes
this is way too difficult for me to answer. it all depends on what is being lied about or hidden.

Say. Her. Name.

Lurker
0 likes
If I could change it or stop it I would want to know

If I couldn't stop it or change it no I wouldn't want to know