Any College Football Fans?

last reply
53 replies
7.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Hey, we have a thread going on Pro Football (USA football). However, I'm more of a college football fan. I love those Tennessee Vols, but we are going thought hard times these days.

Here is a little history on the Vols.

Having played their first season in 1891, the Vols have amassed a successful tradition for well over a century, with their combined record of 794-349-52 ranking them ninth on the list of all-time winningest major college programs as well as second on the list of winningest SEC programs. Their all-time ranking in bowl appearances is second (tied with the University of Texas) and sixth in all-time bowl victories. They boast six national titles in their history and their last national championship was in the 1998 college football season.

The Vols play at historic Neyland Stadium, where Tennessee has an all-time winning record of 426 games, the second-highest home-field total in college football history for any school in the nation at its current home venue. Only Georgia Tech's Bobby Dodd Stadium, which opened in 1913, eight years before the 1921 opening of Neyland, has hosted more victories (432) for its team. Additionally, its 102,455 seat capacity makes Neyland the nation's fourth largest stadium and largest below the Mason-Dixon Line.

Go Vols!

How about you... Got a favorite college team?
Lurker
0 likes
I live in the South but still hold a special place in my heart for my Alma Mater Ohio State. I'm usually busy on Saturdays but try to keep my eye on them in the news and what they're doing. And since I live in Florida, I also keep an eye out on the Gators and 'Noles.
The Linebacker
0 likes
Go Dawgs! Sic 'Em! Woof! Woof!

I am a Georgia Bulldog. I am an alumni of the University of Georgia, and my family has a long tradition of graduating from there.

UGA and the Dawgs are in Athens, GA, currently rated the Best College Town in America.

My Dawgs are big rivals with the above mentioned Tennessee Volunteers. Other rivals that stir even more intensity though, are the South Carolina Cocks, Florida Gators, Auburn Tigers, and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. The Dawgs play "Between the Hedges" in Sanford Stadium. Sanford Stadium currently holds 93,000 and is in desperate need of expansion. The UGA football team started in 1892. The current stadium was inaugurated in 1929 when the Dawgs upset Yale, which was ranked #1 in the nation at the time, by a score of 15 - 0.

I am a season ticket holder and plan to be for the rest of my life.

If you have never been to a southern, SEC, football game I suggest you do so. You'll love it! The crowd noise is off the charts and the games are surrounded by all day, if not all weekend long socializing, partying, drinking and cooking on grills.

Lurker
0 likes
Well geez Buz. I coulda done that for OSU. Didn't know there was a history test here.
Lurker
0 likes

Go Gators
Head Nurse
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Well geez Buz. I coulda done that for OSU. Didn't know there was a history test here.

O-H!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Michigan Wolverines or any Big 10 teams
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Clemson..South Carolina...Tigers
doing my best to be good..
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Buz
Go Dawgs! Sic 'Em! Woof! Woof!

I am a Georgia Bulldog.

I'm an NU (N stands for knowledge) booster...but...I'll bet you one week of not posting...that Missouri beats your Bulldogs this year...

I know you can't refuse that offer.

MU's gonna show the SEC how the Big 12 plays some football.

Welcome to the SEC? LMFAO.... SEC = pansies of college football.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Living in FL I have to go with the Gators
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse

O-H!

BDBITL!! Hang on Sloopy!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
sed to bewe'll leave it at that.I'm also consider not even watching the NFL any more unless they start to do something about these coked up guncarry jackass's that have no freaking clue how to use a gun .they want the money and fame,but then they can't man up and act like they should .the national thug league needs a much stricter policy .the league encourages the drug use and other stuff .these athletes know the league will just slap them on the wrist.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Empress of the Moon
0 likes
I can't imagine anyplace I'd rather be than Athens, GA on a football weekend. Oh, and Jacksonville, FL once a year.

[url]http://[/url]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Go WV Mountaineers on their first season in the Big 12!!
Lurker
0 likes

Any Questions?
Lurker
0 likes
GO BLUE!

My stadium is bigger than your stadium ;)
Purveyor of Sweetness
0 likes
there is NOTHING like football in the south... and WAR DAMN EAGLE....

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well, my University of Washington Huskies are expecting to win at least 9 games, and possibly challenge USC for the Pac 12 title. God, that sounded so funny, no, we'll try to win the big games, miss out on the good stuff and lord it over WSU in the Apple Cup...
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
OHIO STATE ALL THE WAY HERE!!!!!!! GO BUCKEYE'S-----HAVE SEASON FOR THE BUCKEYES FOR THE PAST TEN YEARS NOW
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

BDBITL!! Hang on Sloopy!

O-H-I-O HO BUCKEYES
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
LSU!!!! Go Tigers!!!!

Rookie Scribe
0 likes
ROLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLLLLLL!!!!!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm more for the marching band when I go to watch my alma mater's ball games but i love me some Auburn! War damn eagle baby!!