Genius (what a marketing masterstroke!) (5 votes) 56%
Pretentious (like we didn't know that already) (1 vote) 11%
Stupid (how inaccessible to most fans) (4 votes) 44%
I like mixing business with leather (4 votes) 44%
Matriarch
0 likes
Pretentious? Genius?

What do you think? Poll attached.

I won't bias the poll with my opinion...although the choices steer people somewhat...
Matriarch
0 likes
Just...wow.
Lurker
0 likes
i'm torn between stupid and pretentious
0 likes
I suck at singing... so to anyone listening to me sing his songs, his songs would suck as well.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
When you want to play well known songs you can go to a music shop and buy famous albums in sheet music form so he seems to be just cutting out issuing the performance.,
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think its a really clever marketing idea... Its completely different and from the amount of press he is getting it seemed to have worked.

Yes it does mean that fans can't hear what he has written and probably will mean that its not as popular and his other album. But it makes the fans that try able to experience the music the way he would when performing it making them a part of it...

Maybe its just me but I like the essense of songwriting going back to the the basics and looking at the lyrics and score without the distractions..
Artistic Tart
0 likes
The guy has done, what, 9 or 10 albums? He's been on the mountaintop, he's tried many different things...so what's it to the rest of us if he writes a few songs and chooses not to record them for mass consumption? If his only objective was to make money, I think it's clear that he would go about many things differently, but it's apparently only about him doing whatever the hell he wants. He doesn't have to make these new songs available in any form, really, but he's choosing to do so. I'll be interested to see if performances of this music pops up on YouTube, perhaps even from a known artist or two.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
I'll be interested to see if performances of this music pops up on YouTube, perhaps even from a known artist or two.

I bet there'll be a few performances on YouTube and Jack White's will be in there with them.
Lurker
0 likes
He is suck a quirky fella that it does not surprise me...and I am certain there will be performances. He is pretty brilliant really. Why not do this?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't really give a rat's ass how complex, interesting, or well-written a song is. Some of the most kick-ass rock ever written just bangs out the same ol' three chords over and over. (Def Leppard, anyone?) If I can't turn on my radio and hear it... yawn.

There are scads of songs that were written by someone other than the performer that made them famous. If all these songs are going to have to be performed by another artist anyway, what makes this music any different than the music any other behind-the-scenes songwriter puts out?
Lurker
0 likes
I like jig-saw jazz and the get fresh flow, I dont mind if it's just sheet music.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
Quote by MrNudiePants
I don't really give a rat's ass how complex, interesting, or well-written a song is. Some of the most kick-ass rock ever written just bangs out the same ol' three chords over and over. (Def Leppard, anyone?) If I can't turn on my radio and hear it... yawn.

Def Leppard?

Fucking Def Leppard?

Def Leppard is your example of the most kick ass rock ever written?

Radio stations still play Def Leppard?

Fucking Def Leppard.... Really?

The guy second from the right is actually wearing "stupid pants".