last reply
6 replies
1.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hello everyone.

My name is Joris and I'm pretty new to this website, but enjoying it alot already!

I have a question: I'm looking for somone to write a story with. I have lots of ideas and fantasies, but I'm Dutch and my English is too bad to write a stroy you all would like.. So anyone wanna write with me? Help me?
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Joris130
Hello everyone.

My name is Joris and I'm pretty new to this website, but enjoying it alot already!

I have a question: I'm looking for somone to write a story with. I have lots of ideas and fantasies, but I'm Dutch and my English is too bad to write a story you would all like.. So anyone want to write with me? Help me, please?

I can't help you, I'm afraid, but welcome to Lush! I am sure there are some lovely people who will be able to help.

I did correct your post, which, I must say, was written a lot better than many people I know who use English as their sole language!
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
I'd love to help, but I'm quite busy with my own projects at the moment. Shylass is right, though. Your English is superb. If you were to write a (short) story in English, I might be willing to edit it for you, then send it back to you to submit on your own. I do enjoy collaborative writing, but I write primarily non-erotic fiction and works for the stage, so my time for erotica is limited. Anyway, feel free to get in contact and we may, or may not be able to work something out. It depends on how compatible we are creatively, and how comfortable with one another.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Oh my, what did I type wrong? Lol

And thanks, CenterLine. I'll contact you! smile
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Joris130
Oh my, what did I type wrong? Lol

And thanks, CenterLine. I'll contact you! smile

Don't worry. I'm also known as Miss Persnicketty Pants (that's one to Google - could be interesting).

The good news is, it only needed tweaking. If you compare your original post with the quote that I tweaked, you'll see the difference.

From your posts so far, I would encourage you to write your story anyway, and see where you get. As Centerline says, they may able to help with editing. If not, you could always post again when you have something written.

You could also try using Google Translate. It's not a perfect process, but may help you overcome parts of it. If you do use it, though, it will definitely need editing before submission. Also, try translating from the English back into your own language to see if it's still what you're trying to say. The results can be quite funny.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Hmm thanks alot. Perhaps I'll try to write it myself, although I still believe my English isn't well enough to do so.

I'll let you know if I wrote something!
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by Joris130
Hmm thanks alot. Perhaps I'll try to write it myself, although I still believe my English isn't well enough to do so.

I'll let you know if I wrote something!

You could try starting off small, say with some prose poetry or flash fiction, just to see how you get on. I'm afraid I can't offer any help right now, but keep us updated. I'll be watching.