Rebound

last reply
6 replies
1.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is it easier for Men or Women to get into another relationship right after a break up?!
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by naughtyflipgirl
Is it easier for Men or Women to get into another relationship right after a break up?!

This question is probably best asked in the Relationship section. I'm sure a mod will move it for you when they are able.

http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_topics20_Relationship-Advice.aspx

In answer, I really think it depends on the individual, their history, personality, and the nature of the break-up. I don't think the gender has much to do with it.

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Internet Sensation
0 likes
In my youth I always had a fairly easy time moving on.
Replacing what I lost with what new exciting thing I found around the corner.

I tried doing this when I lost my Australian lover, but it didn't work. I couldn't move on at all.
All I could think about for months was how to get him back.

Even when I found someone all I could think about was him.
But now finally I've let go of what we could have had. Focusing on my future.
Hoping he doesn't realise what we lost.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
On the practical level, I think it's easier for women. Generally speaking, all a woman has to do is be available and somebody will hit on them. There's often someone who's been waiting for her to available again. Guys will often not hesitate about starting up with a woman who's just become available, but women will.

On the emotional level, I think it's easier for men, assuming they're not the obsessive type.

It might depend on whether/who got dumped. "Once bitten, twice shy" applies to either gender. The person who calls it quits generally emerges with greater emotional strength and that makes it easier to act with confidence and attract someone else. Of course the reason for calling it quits might matter. Lessons learned can result in reluctance to get involved.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by naughtyflipgirl

Depends on who is more desperate and/or afraid of being 'alone'. Some people can't function without being in a relationship. Sometimes they even lay the groundwork for a new relationship before they can consider leaving the old one. It can happen with both genders.

In general though I've found that men initially rebound faster with sex/flings/fuckbuddies, but women 'get over' their exes faster than men. Men sometimes have a delayed reaction to the end of a relationship, initially distracting themselves with partying and getting laid, whereas a woman often does all her crying/mourning up front and then gets her closure and moves on... Often at this point the man will resurface with unresolved feelings and 'what if's'... This sometimes results in those infamous 'ex-texts' and phone calls out of nowhere that leave you scratching your head because you thought it was all done and in the past.
Fireman
0 likes
Depends on the person, but generally speaking I will say men.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
In general though I've found that men initially rebound faster with sex/flings/fuckbuddies, but women 'get over' their exes faster than men.

This seems accurate, but I think women are generally more prone to "swearing off" all men for a while after being hurt by one. I haven't known any guy who said, "I give up. No more women." I've known a few women who have. I'm not saying there aren't any men who are like that, but we're more prone to hunt and women are more prone to evade, especially when injured.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust