I'm Struggling..........

last reply
18 replies
2.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I joined lush 2-3 days ago, and I'm loving the stories, but struggling to get to grips with the chat rooms. I've been in them a few times. But as a "noob" I seem to get ignored !!!!! I've had possibly 3 chats in the last 3 days. Am I doing something wrong. I'm getting properly peeved off about it. I've not been rude or harassing. Please help me to better understand where I'm going wrong. So I can Chat with like-minded folk.

Sparky new boy in town.
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Welcome to Lush!

You may find this thread helpful: http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_postst15037_Chat-Room--Tips-and-Tricks.aspx

The chatrooms frighten me, so I either go into the Gold room when people are there, as it's quieter, or make my own and just invite a few friends in with a password.

I would suggest posting in the forums to get to know people, or contact some of the writers of stories you enjoyed to build up friendships. Going into the chat rooms is really intimidating for some of us. Try these areas:

The Pub: http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_topics10_The-Pub.aspx

The Lounge: http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_topics18_The-Lounge.aspx

Entertainment: http://www.lushstories.com/forum/yaf_topics25_Word--Forum-Games--Jokes.aspx

If you're brave, you could make your own room that's open to all, and call it something daft like "Newbie Looking For A Chat". Or... y'know... something cool.

I hope that helps?

Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Cheers for the tips. I'll read up, then see how it goes.
Internet Sensation
0 likes
Welcome to Lush.
I'm sure you'll soon get some good chatting going. It can take some time to find people to talk to but usually it eases up after a while.

If you ever see me in a chatroom I'm up for chatting. I've not been on much lately though, but I'm rather easy going when I am on.

I hope you're having a great time already,

Cheers
Cat
Cock Connoisseur
0 likes
Welcome to Lush sparky the rooms will get easier. Just check out the rooms see how crowded they are. The more populated rooms some tend to get over looked in there unless you know some people. If you ever see me in a room just give me a holler or if I see you first I will most certainly welcome you smile

Good luck and don't give up on the rooms you can meet some wonderful people in them.

Ravyn
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Thank you both for your support. Hope to see you about smile
Lurker
0 likes
It's like any other established place my friend. There are cliques, all kinds of group dynamics and even politics, feuds, and all the other dross of human behavior. Don't be in a rush. Be respectful and you'll find people with whom you can chat. Besides, if you really read what's being said in chatrooms, most of it is pretty banal anyway, so you're not missing too much.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i do chat rooms on occasion, sort of in spells, lately i've been hanging out again. i say hi to everyone - a lot of the 'old timers' do. and answer all posts directed at me - that said, if someone piques my interest, with what they say, i'll keep the conversation going, newcomer or not. if they don't, i get bored and will spend time with people who do, or with people i know and consider friends. simple as that - it's like a party, you walk in and sometimes it's a good fit and sometimes it's not - sometimes you are the new guy and it's hard to fit it - if you keep going back, tho, people start recognizing you and you become one of the regulars - it DOES take time - sometimes i'll go into a room with people i don't know and i'll have trouble catching people's attention, even tho i've been a member for a long time - it happens. just keep at it, and one day, you'll just click...

that said, here's how i got started in chat - i found a member made room, there were 4 or 5 others in it - i started talking a little - with so few people it was easy to start a conversation and not get lost in the crowd - that's my advice - find a room with just a few members and join in.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Sparky33kv
I joined lush 2-3 days ago, and I'm loving the stories, but struggling to get to grips with the chat rooms. I've been in them a few times. But as a "noob" I seem to get ignored !!!!! I've had possibly 3 chats in the last 3 days. Am I doing something wrong. I'm getting properly peeved off about it. I've not been rude or harassing. Please help me to better understand where I'm going wrong. So I can Chat with like-minded folk.

Sparky new boy in town.

Obviously, you need to hang out in the BDSM chatroom. Ask for Ravyn or JerseyLynn...they'll make you feel right at home. You may even find an obliging dominatrix as I did, oh those many moons ago.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Obviously, you need to hang out in the BDSM chatroom. Ask for Ravyn or JerseyLynn...they'll make you feel right at home. You may even find an obliging dominatrix as I did, oh those many moons ago.

actually, the bdsm people are actually really friendly, actually. totally, actually so.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by sprite

actually, the bdsm people are actually really friendly, actually. totally, actually so.

I know they is. Mine trained me to lick her boots clean and gave me jolly rancher snacks afterwards! Beat that!
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

I know they is. Mine trained me to lick her boots clean and gave me jolly rancher snacks afterwards! Beat that!

i got skittles!

Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by sprite

That's proper true, that is. They've been really nice to me. Much more than others who aren't into that scene have been in the past.

I've been braving the rooms a little recently. I'm sort of getting the idea, but like Sprite says, it does take time, and perseverance (I still have no idea what's going on).
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by Shylass

(I still have no idea what's going on).

i never do, not matter what, all part of being me *giggles*

Lurker
0 likes
Like others have said, it is like a party. You won't get many conversations going by just sitting in the room and not talking to anyone. Just start talking to people and they'll more than likely answer you. Don't be shy, because unless you already know someone no one will adress you(unless you're a woman. Then all the guys will jump on you like a fresh piece of meat...)
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Hello and welcome to lush!! I totally know what you mean about the chats, I felt the same way at first, like everyone was ignoring me, until I started talking a bit more and that was easier when you are in a room with fewer people. The above suggestions are all great! Hang out in the forums a bit smile

And yes the bdsm room is great.... Everyone is very friendly but I never got skittles sad
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
And also, just because a room has a certain theme doesn't mean that's always the subject being discussed. I'm not into BDSM at all, but I find myself hanging out in those rooms because the people/conversations are great. So don't be intimidated by room themes, either. Just dive in and talk. That's really all you can do.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by slipperywhenwet2012
And also, just because a room has a certain theme doesn't mean that's always the subject being discussed. I'm not into BDSM at all, but I find myself hanging out in those rooms because the people/conversations are great. So don't be intimidated by room themes, either. Just dive in and talk. That's really all you can do.

I saw what you did with those LEGO men. You are so into the dark side of BDSM