Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

What are your Lush "Pet Peeves"? Options · View
hankyspanky
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:50:53 AM

Fake avatars&giving Birthday wishes&never getting a thanks! Ive done that many times,is thanks too much from,"friends" No!
Plunger
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:59:41 AM

Often when I check out a bio, I am stuck in the room, there is no way to catch up so I have to leave the room and check back in, but even though I am listed as in the room if the room is at capacity I still can't reenter.
Poppet
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:09:38 AM

I’ve posted before, back when I was new. But now that I’ve had time to be here I have a few new pet peeves.

1. I think the biggest one is when people, especially people who’ve never even written for Lush tell me about my grammar or spelling in my stories. If they are new stories sure okay, thanks for the tip. But guess what, I know that my older stories need work. They were when I began! No one is perfect, not even some of the well known, top author’s on Lush! I plan to fix them one day, and if I don’t, to damn bad.

2. I hate when people don’t have profiles, take the time to make one and add a picture of whatever you want. Just take the time!

3. I hate when people demand, not ask but demand I read one of their stories. I’ll read it if I want. Chill out.

4. And the biggest thing that’s bugs me, is when people don’t respect the fact I’m in a relationship. I don’t want you hitting on me, asking to go private, trying to sex me. I have someone for all that, so thanks really, I’m good!

Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:04:05 AM

Just had one......

When someone posts displeasure about a post or thread, and someone else comes along and says that they could have just ignored the post/thread.... um... you mean just like the person following up? LOL I mean seriously. How is it ok to post YOUR displeasure or make a snide comment about someone else's post, but leading with "you could have just ignored it". Um, you mean do the very same thing YOU didn't do yourself? hmmmmm

;)
jacobport
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:04:27 AM

I definatly do not like the fake avatars.....don't want to show your face?....then don't!!!

"Sometimes you have to believe in someone else's belief in you before the belief in yourself kicks in" ~Les Brown
hardanddeep
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:20:48 AM

JohnC wrote:
Just had one......

When someone posts displeasure about a post or thread, and someone else comes along and says that they could have just ignored the post/thread.... um... you mean just like the person following up? LOL I mean seriously. How is it ok to post YOUR displeasure or make a snide comment about someone else's post, but leading with "you could have just ignored it". Um, you mean do the very same thing YOU didn't do yourself? hmmmmm

;)

Hmmmm......Think...any particulars that you might be referring to JohnC??.....occasion5
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:36:20 AM

hardanddeep wrote:

Hmmmm......Think...any particulars that you might be referring to JohnC??.....occasion5

LOL yes. But you cleared it up nice..... but in reality it happens quite a lot. Yours seems to be innocent enough now though. Lwinking
Elling50
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:44:34 AM

Hiddensecret wrote:
asking for a pvt, straight up. If you had read my profile, you would not of asked

What is a pvt?
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:53:10 AM

the lack of 3-D. clown

Live, love, laugh.
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 10:59:37 AM

sprite wrote:
the lack of 3-D. clown

But you could poke your eyes out!!!! Embarassed
Poppet
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:03:34 AM

Elling50 wrote:
What is a pvt?

Private Chat = PVT

jacobport
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 12:11:18 PM

sprite wrote:
the lack of 3-D. clown

I would have to agree with Sprite on this....not so much a "pet peeve"....but this could go into the Lush wish list or things we'd like to see on Lush. Take note, Gav!!!

"Sometimes you have to believe in someone else's belief in you before the belief in yourself kicks in" ~Les Brown
LOVES4PLAY
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:27:14 PM

Still NUMBER ONE; I dislike PMing some one, taking the time to hunt & peck out a message. pressing send.. only to findRead itTHIS MEMBER ONLY RECEIVES MESSAGES FROM FRIENDS---Fine that's their choice.But why not indicate it when first keying on the send a PM?

Number two; The usage of female forms, faces or cleavage (by men )for their AVATAR.
ART987
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:32:14 PM

Shylass wrote:
I wish people would write their thread titles properly, with correct spellings and capitals, and stuff. I don't mind so much about the first post, but get the fizzin' title correct! angry7

I agree with Shyless. And, another one of mine is authors who list words/topics in "Tags:" in their stories and there is NOTHING in the story related to the tag. It seems like they're just trying to get their readership up'd for their stories. My 2 cents
principessa
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:03:10 PM

Narcissism.
CurlyGirly
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:23:31 PM

LOVES4PLAY wrote:
Still NUMBER ONE; I dislike PMing some one, taking the time to hunt & peck out a message. pressing send.. only to findRead itTHIS MEMBER ONLY RECEIVES MESSAGES FROM FRIENDS---Fine that's their choice.But why not indicate it when first keying on the send a PM?

Number two; The usage of female forms, faces or cleavage for their AVATAR.

This annoys me, too. tongue6 Numerous times I've typed out thank you messages to people for reading my stories and gotten the same thing. *sigh* I've then been forced to send the message telepathically. Hope they got it.

Honestly, receiving crazy-ass messages from whackjobs is one of my favorite things about having a Lush account. I would never turn that off. How else would I know who I want to be friends with? evil4

It won a potato. Aren't you intrigued?

Alphamagus
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:38:59 PM

Incest stories and their popularity.
Frank
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:44:01 PM

principessa wrote:
Narcissism.

Really, does my bum look big in these? bootyshake

Of all our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney

NotSoBigD
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:11:50 PM

I guess my Pet Peeve would have to be stories that are so far fetched as to be unbelievable. I may be old but I am not totally ugly and never has a beautiful, drop dead sexy woman walked up to me and said "Wanna fuck?" In real life that doesn't happen, at least not to me. Write about reality! Also, learn the difference between then and than.
principessa
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:20:36 PM

Frank wrote:

Really, does my bum look big in these? bootyshake

Smartass. laughing6
LOVES4PLAY
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:26:08 PM

Boy did I ever screw up previous post should read like this one.. I'm not good at DBL. tasking,

Still NUMBER ONE; I dislike PMing some one, taking the time to hunt & peck out a message. pressing send.. only to find Read THIS MEMBER ONLY RECEIVES MESSAGES FROM FRIENDS---Fine that's their choice.But why not indicate it when first keying on the send a PM?

Number two; The usage of female forms, faces or cleavage, BY MEN for their AVATAR.

number three; not being able to; recover, remove,or correct ones comments after they have been posted.. ( should take my own advice, PROOF READ IT First ) (-;

principessa
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:30:08 PM

LOVES4PLAY wrote:

number three; not being able to; recover, remove,or correct ones comments after they have been posted.. ( should take my own advice, PROOF READ IT First ) (-;

You cannot remove your posts but you can go back and edit. The button is on the upper right of your post.
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:59:23 PM

1. When men get fussy because I don't want to engage in sexy chat and they ask, "Then why are you here?"

2. I guess when people ask in general why I'm here on lush, that annoys me because what's it matter? I'm here aren't I? Read my
profile already.

3. When people incorrectly assume that just because I have an interest in sex, and that I'm on a site like this...that I want to
have sex with them.

4. When people ask a thousand questions, I understand getting to know someone, but really...

5. Ok, last one, when people's first question is, "So what do you look like?"
sprite
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:04:34 PM

SweetElle wrote:
1. When men get fussy because I don't want to engage in sexy chat and they ask, "Then why are you here?"

2. I guess when people ask in general why I'm here on lush, that annoys me because what's it matter? I'm here aren't I? Read my
profile already.

3. When people incorrectly assume that just because I have an interest in sex, and that I'm on a site like this...that I want to
have sex with them.

4. When people ask a thousand questions, I understand getting to know someone, but really...

so... would you like to cyber with me? what? why the heck not! this is a sexy site, you know! what's wrong with you? no, really, come on, you know you want too... just once. i'm really good, i swear. so, what do you look like, anyways? and what are you wearing? something sexy i bet. oh, come on, don't be like that, just tell me. what's your favorite color, btw, and what kind of music co you like. wanna pvt? why not? please? i'm really bored. and horny. it won't take long, i promise. wait, come back! what did i say? stuck up so and so...

clown

Live, love, laugh.
anonymouslylush
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:20:09 PM

SweetElle wrote:

profile already.

have sex with them.

EXACTLY!!!!

and number 6. People who think that because I am nice and will willingly accept your friend request that I want to have sex... Its NOT happeneing...

"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner

LOVES4PLAY
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 8:20:42 PM

SPRITE & SWEETELLE;when bothered by unwelcome advances you may want to try something like the following,its been close to 50yrs & I still smile when I think of this..

.WHILE STATIONED IN SEATTLE (U S NAVY) I WAS IN A COCKTAIL LOUNGE ,SITTING AT A BAR MINDING MY OWN BUS. THIS FOXY WOMAN ENTERED , TAKING A SEAT SEVERAL SEATS AWAY FROM ME.. & LIKE ANY STRAIGHT RED BLOODED MAIL WOOD DEW EYE BOUGHT HER A DRINK , A SHORT TIME LATER I ASKED FOUR HER NUMBER..WOW SHE DIDN'T HESITATE A BIT , SHE JUST WROTE DOWN A NUMBER 4 ME ...SEVERAL DAYS LATER I WAS AGAIN DRINKING & STEPPING INTO A PHONE BOOTH, DIALED (what eye thought was) HER PH.#... OMG !! WHAT A SHOCK, A MALE VOICE STARTED PREACHING THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST ...ALL I COULD DO WAS STAND THERE ,LOOKING AT THE PHONE & LMAO..I SHARED THIS WITH MY SISTER .. SHE & HER COLLAGE FRIENDS MEMORIZED DIAL - A-PRYOR ,NUMBERS ..(SOMETIME 1962 ore 63) any way when i think of it i still find it humorous.,.WORD USAGE IS BUY CHOICE-BUTT SHOULD REED THE SAME REGARDLESS..dontknow ITS A WONDERFUL WAY TO BRUSH OFF A DRUNK LOL JOEL

This was typed 7-16-2011, before anyone informed me that cap are a no-no,at that time most of my typing was in caps, easier to read.
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:25:24 PM

hankyspanky wrote:
Fake avatars&giving Birthday wishes&never getting a thanks! Ive done that many times,is thanks too much from,"friends" No!

You're joking aren't you? At least using one of the lush avatars would be better than having NO avatar wouldn't it? That outline of a person on your avatar isn't really you either I'll bet.

NotSoBigD wrote:
I guess my Pet Peeve would have to be stories that are so far fetched as to be unbelievable. I may be old but I am not totally ugly and never has a beautiful, drop dead sexy woman walked up to me and said "Wanna fuck?" In real life that doesn't happen, at least not to me. Write about reality! Also, learn the difference between then and than.

I looked at your profile and it seems you have written NO stories. Even if you had written some stories, it still wouldn't give you the right to criticize those who have written the stories here so YOU can read them. If you don't like them, don't read them.

Just because a drop dead gorgeous sexy woman hasn't walked up to you and said "wanna fuck?" doesn't mean it's never happened to anyone else, EVER.

BelleduJour
Posted: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 10:22:27 PM

hankyspanky wrote:

You're joking aren't you? At least using one of the lush avatars would be better than having NO avatar wouldn't it? That outline of a person on your avatar isn't really you either I'll bet.

NotSoBigD wrote:

I looked at your profile and it seems you have written NO stories. Even if you had written some stories, it still wouldn't give you the right to criticize those who have written the stories here so YOU can read them. If you don't like them, don't read them.

Just because a drop dead gorgeous sexy woman hasn't walked up to you and said "wanna fuck?" doesn't mean it's never happened to anyone else, EVER.

Oh sweet Jesus, you've both been served by none other than Trinket!

Thata girl - keep 'em on their toes toast

Frank
Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:34:43 AM

laughing3 Lapplause

Of all our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney

Posted: Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:00:19 AM

jacobport wrote:
I definatly do not like the fake avatars.....don't want to show your face?....then don't!!!

You're not supposed to show your cock as an alternative to your face either.