Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Using your freedom of speech Options · View
LadyX
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2012 7:47:50 AM

Not that it matters, but I've never heard people refer to it as "the state". Our general term is government. As in: we have three branches of government: executive, legislative, and judicial. We do have a "Department of State" aka State Department. But when you refer to "the state", and are speaking to another American, they'll most likely ask "which one?".

1ball
Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2012 3:02:27 PM

nazhinaz wrote:

Excuse me;but if my understanding is correct, Supreme Court is part of the STATE and not the Goverment.
STATE has three pillars functioning independently, Excutive (the Government) Legislature (the Congress) and JUDICIARY.

LadyX wrote:
Not that it matters, but I've never heard people refer to it as "the state". Our general term is government. As in: we have three branches of government: executive, legislative, and judicial. We do have a "Department of State" aka State Department. But when you refer to "the state", and are speaking to another American, they'll most likely ask "which one?".

LadyX is essentially correct. Because our government relies on checks and balances between the three branches, they are all aspects of our government because they all govern. But the entirety of the government is sometimes called "the state" as in "man vs. the state" or "the Department of State" (which represents the US Government (as the embodied will of the people of the US) in foreign affairs).

The original plan was to be many states that appear to the rest of the world to have one national face. The states can't negotiate treaties with other nations, wage war on other nations, etc.

My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust