Login

Tension

last reply
5 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I'm new to the erotic writing scene and I'm struggling to build tension. I've wrote fiction stories before and found building the story into a dramatic scene relatively easy but I don't seem to be able to transfer that over into erotica. Can anyone give me a few tips or any author recommendations.

Many thanks

Robbie.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Tension in interpersonal relationships happens so naturally that as long as you make the relationship realistic, it should be there. Some basic categories are automatically tense. Examples are:

First time/virginity loss
Incest
Marital strife/cheating
Reluctance
BDSM

Situational:

Will it happen?
Will it live up to expectation?
Will it cause regret?
Will I get caught doing it?

Hope those help.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah that's great! given me something to think about.

Many thanks
Lurker
0 likes
..or you can flirt around Lush, collect feelings you developed, analyze them and put them on the paper, but never forget that you are just researching for the story
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by She
..or you can flirt around Lush, collect feelings you developed, analyze them and put them on the paper, but never forget that you are just researching for the story

once again, cute AND smart! *giggles and runs*

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In my case, what I do is try to get into one of the characters. That way I live the experience directly, and the ideas start flowing more easily. It has worked for me so far.

I hope it helps.