Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Would you like your husband or boyfriend buy you sexy underwear?

last reply
69 replies
7.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Absolutely...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, but only if he knows the right size to get. It may also be an idea to get a gift voucher for Ann Summers, as then I could choose my own and make sure it fits etc
Lurker
0 likes
Not particularly. I'd rather buy my own.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
yes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I was in a serious relationship and he really knew what I liked than yes. But I would rather he either got me a gift certificate for my favorite lingerie store or went shopping with me and helped me pick things out.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'd rather choose my own, especially bras, but I wouldn't mind if he wanted to come along.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by wildside
Yes, but only if he knows the right size to get. It may also be an idea to get a gift voucher for Ann Summers, as then I could choose my own and make sure it fits etc

I have to say i agree. I would LOVE him to buy me underwear but it would upset both of us if it was the wrong size. It would be nice to get a voucher or buy it together.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I know you asked the gals, but I advise you not to waste your time or your money. Men and women both suck at buying lingerie. Prostitutes succeed because they learn financially what sells. Almost all men, consciously or not, buy lingerie to reveal what they want to reveal. Almost all women, consciously or not, buy lingerie to conceal what they want to conceal. The odds of success are infinitessimally small. The dramas involved play out in almost every relationship with the same results. The lingerie goes unworn or the guy acts impressed with something that isn't all that impressive.

A gift certificate lets her waste your money the way she wants to. So if your only goal is to do that, try to act convincingly pleased when she shows it to you. That a better option than buying what you think she'll look good in. That pleases neither of you, because it will sit in the back of her lingerie drawer until the faeries ruin the elastic. If you make the mistake of going shopping with her, try to correctly guess her hints about what she wants to buy and let her buy it. It doesn't matter if it does nothing for you. She will never understand that you can't control what appeals to you and she will punish you for that. You're supposed to give her credit for trying no matter how unsuccessful the result. This is one of those things where a true meeting of the desires is extremely rare. One or the other is sacrificing for the sake of the other. It might as well be the guy, because, let's face it, we can be satisfied with anything that doesn't require a nuclear bomb to get into.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
If I was in a serious relationship and he really knew what I liked than yes. But I would rather he either got me a gift certificate for my favorite lingerie store or went shopping with me and helped me pick things out.

This is the way I enjoy shopping for sexy things for a sweet girl. And who knows, maybe I can sneak into the dressing room and give her some help putting them on or taking them off. But together is best because then both know what sexy things turn them both on. The saying goes that a woman is a gift to a man. And part of the enjoyment of a gift is in the unwrapping. That is why men love it when a woman dresses pretty for him so he can have the pleasure of unwrapping his gift.
Lurker
0 likes
Yes because he would buy things I wouldn't buy for myeslf and that makes it much more fun.

Depending on what he buys of course!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, yes I would like that.
Anything you think is sweet, I'm a little more than that.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Yep! We tend to pick things out together online that catch his eye! Then I order it (in order to get the right sizes) and he pays me back. Then when it arrives I model it and watch him salivate...job done!!!! ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by 1ball
I know you asked the gals, but I advise you not to waste your time or your money. Men and women both suck at buying lingerie. Prostitutes succeed because they learn financially what sells. Almost all men, consciously or not, buy lingerie to reveal what they want to reveal. Almost all women, consciously or not, buy lingerie to conceal what they want to conceal. The odds of success are infinitessimally small. The dramas involved play out in almost every relationship with the same results. The lingerie goes unworn or the guy acts impressed with something that isn't all that impressive.

A gift certificate lets her waste your money the way she wants to. So if your only goal is to do that, try to act convincingly pleased when she shows it to you. That a better option than buying what you think she'll look good in. That pleases neither of you, because it will sit in the back of her lingerie drawer until the faeries ruin the elastic. If you make the mistake of going shopping with her, try to correctly guess her hints about what she wants to buy and let her buy it. It doesn't matter if it does nothing for you. She will never understand that you can't control what appeals to you and she will punish you for that. You're supposed to give her credit for trying no matter how unsuccessful the result. This is one of those things where a true meeting of the desires is extremely rare. One or the other is sacrificing for the sake of the other. It might as well be the guy, because, let's face it, we can be satisfied with anything that doesn't require a nuclear bomb to get into.

I think you touched on some interesting points here. The guy picks what he wants to be revealed, and the girl picks what she
wants concealed. But I'd like to think that's it's not a waste of money to give her funds for lingerie if whatever she has in her
collection has pleased you before. It also wouldn't be a waste if you just wanted to do something nice for her, regardless of
what's in it for you (like visual pleasure).

I've personally never been punished for asking "her" to try something that appeals to me. If the answer is "No," it's no big deal;
I leave it as that and I keep it moving. But since I generally love lingerie on women, it's hard for me to be dissatisfied.

But I guess the main thing here is experience and personal tastes. I'm speaking from my own perspectives on both, so that's
probably why our opinions differ.

Are you truly awake?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Resident
But I'd like to think that's it's not a waste of money to give her funds for lingerie if whatever she has in her
collection has pleased you before.

The point is that, if she can please you wearing just a t-shirt or something she already has, it is a waste of money. She could have just worn a t-shirt (or something from her collection) and put the money to a more effective use.

It also wouldn't be a waste if you just wanted to do something nice for her, regardless of
what's in it for you (like visual pleasure).

Buying her something she won't wear is a waste of money. Giving her a gift certificate or buying her something that you know she will wear pleases her, and that's fine, unless she expects that you would be more pleased than if she wore the t-shirt and gets disappointed when it produces no better response than the t-shirt. This is one of the situations where the wrong thing to do is show your true feelings and the right thing to do is pretend her effort produced a better result than she could have achieved without expense.

I've personally never been punished for asking "her" to try something that appeals to me.

I said "She will never understand that you can't control what appeals to you and she will punish you for that." She will want you to alter what appeals to you to match what she wants to wear, as if you should be able to do that. Your inability to do that will be presumed to indicate that you don't want to do that, or that you don't care enough to do that, or that you don't care enough at least to fake it. That's what you'll get punished for, if you don't pretend that what she chose to please herself is better for you than what you told her you preferred.

I leave it as that and I keep it moving. But since I generally love lingerie on women, it's hard for me to be dissatisfied.

It isn't a matter of being dissatisfied. It's a matter of having to convince her that you are more satisfied than if she just wore the t-shirt, when really, you aren't, but you could have been, because you told her what you liked and she ignored that because it isn't what she wanted to wear. If the purpose of the lingerie is to look sexy for you and she ignores your preference in favor of what she feels sexy wearing, then she's put you into a situation where nobody wins, unless you can somehow pretend that what she chose was better than the t-shirt option.

But I guess the main thing here is experience and personal tastes. I'm speaking from my own perspectives on both, so that's probably why our opinions differ.

Maybe our opinions don't really differ. Maybe you just didn't understand what I meant.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Of course I would, who wouldn't!
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
Yes - I love it when BF buys me underwear... because he's got great taste. He likes to see me in stuff that I love to wear - pretty, girly stuff which is comfortable. I remember our first Christmas, thinking "Uh-Oh" when the underwear boxes came out but he totally pulled it off. It was all the right size (do your research boys and girls) and it was obvious that he'd put a lot of thought into it, which made it amazingly special.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ladies, I'mma let you finish, but...

Quote by 1ball

Maybe our opinions don't really differ. Maybe you just didn't understand what I meant.

In all respect, I pretty much understood what you meant, initially. But, I appreciate for going deeper and
elaborating. Maybe that's what I should have done in my first response?

I guess my main idea is that it's the thought that counts. If you know your lady is particular about what
she wears, then just give her the money, gift card, etc. When you're gifting, IMO, nothing matters except
her being pleased about the gift.

...But I can't bring myself to pretend to be anything I'm not/not feeling, regardless of situation. I'm basically
honest to a fault (with proper consideration about tactfulness). She can be pissed at me for the moment, that's
fine, but she won't have to deal with skepticism when she asks of my opinion, and I say she looks fantastic. smile
Are you truly awake?
The Linebacker
0 likes
I've bought mu wife sexy panties, negligees, and those panty-garter-stocking-bra gift package s several times. She loves it. I get a fashion show viewing right away. I love it!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Duh? Of course!! Dressing sexy is a 100% guaranteed way to get you both horny as hell. I love dressing up for my dates and seeing the reaction. Shopping for sexy lingerie is a huge turn-on!! Don't ask such silly questions......geez?
Empress of the Moon
0 likes
Quote by FelineFantasy
I can be pretty picky with sizes and flattering fits so I'd pass on his choosing, but I'd make a fun event out of shopping and having a dressing room peep show and quickie sex to follow ;)

I would like for my boyfriend to pay for my underwear and lingerie, but I'd rather pick it out myself. He can make suggestions of course.
[url]http://[/url]
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes like several of the ladies suggested it's best WE select it and then have it wrapped up and then he can come in and pay for it. That way he can have a little surprise later on and you get to make sure the feel and the fit are what you like. Nothing worse than ill fitting under garments. YUCK!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I ALL LOVE SEXY THINGS ANY TIME I CAN TURN MY HUSBAND ON
Lurker
0 likes
No. they never get it right. He can come with me to help choose and for a little show though, and of course to pay for it...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think in theory, it is a sexy gesture, however, I know he has no concept of size and often times gets things too small
"I'd much rather be a woman than a man. Women can cry, they can wear cute clothes, and they are the first to be rescued off of sinking ships."
— Gilda Radner
Lurker
0 likes
I'd love it!
Classified
0 likes
Quote by smileyum
I'd love it!

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yes, you can tell a lot about a man by the underwear he buys you. I also love to go shopping with them for panties, men seem to be like little boys in a lingerie store and its fun seeing how they blush. It's especially fun when a salesgirl sees them touching and feeling the panties and bras.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I love it when he buys me lingerie. Its great to see what he likes and thinks I would.( and I always wear it for him). Great fun to go into the dressing room with him to try it on( aaahh memories). Also I have the lingerie to remind me of the great things about him when he if we change our relationship.