Login

Which one of the Kindle should I buy?

last reply
8 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I am just about to order my first Kindle, and browsing around Amazon realized that I don't have slightest idea which one to buy.
Any ideas? and keep in mind that I was spending this month more than I should, so I really don't need newest, brightest or most expensive version.
I appreciate any help. Thanks!
Gingerbread Lover
0 likes
Quote by She
I am just about to order my first Kindle, and browsing around Amazon realized that I don't have slightest idea which one to buy.
Any ideas? and keep in mind that I was spending this month more than I should, so I really don't need newest, brightest or most expensive version.
I appreciate any help. Thanks!

I have the Kindle app on my Galaxy Note, so I'm afraid I'm of no use you. But I'm posting to bump this thread.
Ut incepit fidelis, sic permanet.

********************************CLICK THE BANNERS TO BUY THESE WILLY-STIFFENING BOOKS!********************************
Lurker
0 likes
Shylass, I have no clue what you just said, but thanks for trying to bump up this thread I am buying Kindle only because I want to support Lush writers with it and that is more or less the only way. I am really, paper and pen girl, but if this will help someone else to actualize their dream, why shouldn't I buy this Kindle, giggles, right!!
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
you can download a kindle app on your PC for free which will allow you to DL kindle stories that you buy, like the Lush ebooks. that's what i did.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
So you and Shylass are saying the same thing and week or so ago NaughtyNurse said the same thing..I think I should listen what you are suggesting, download it for free and save some spare money for Lush writers! I should have listened NN weeks ago!

Any good links for free Kindle download?

(sorry guys to bug you with all of this but I am so clueless about it)
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
i'm pretty sure i got it on the amazon site itself. i think it's actually called Cloud, not Kindle, if you dl it for free? i'm awful with this kind of stuff, tho, or i'd try to help you out more smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Thanks!!! I'll see what Amazon is offering. It's so much easier when you are pointed into direction where to look/search. Thank you again

Is there something else I need to know about this stuff?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Kindle Fire

Also the free app for your phone.
Lurker
0 likes
I have the Kindle Touch and it is f&^king awesome
It was an x-mas present and I would have never got it myself (generally I am old school and like adding books to my library). But after 1 hour I was hooked. Kindle touch rocks because you can read it one handed or no handed, for example if you like reading in bed whilst laying on your front or whilst sunbathing on your yacht (or if you are reading a Lush e-book and need your hands for something else...)

Also if you go on holiday it is the easiest. I took 4 books to Fiji this summer and once I had finished them I could download more through the Villa wifi. So instead of carrying 4 books and running out, I was totally covered.

Touch is no longer being made but the new Kindle Paperwhite is the upgrade. The back lighting should be a good addition

I go for e-ink over ipad/tablet and equivalent which I find hard to read after a while. Kindle e-ink is like reading a real book in terms of comfort.

Happy Shopping