WHATS YOUR GAME?

last reply
15 replies
2.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
World of warcraft(online mmorpg) lauched in the fall/winter of 2004. i never had a vidoe game grip me the way this one did and apparently it grips a lot of gamers because it's held strong at 10 million subscribers world wide for 8 yrs running.However, about 3 yrs ago Blizzard entertainment merged with Activsion and imo the game has been spiraling down the crapper ever since. I still renew my sub every now and then, but Warcraft is no where near the game it once was.5HM4psuy5vdCJLFN

So, any fellow gamers out there have any insight into any fun MMO's that i might not know about?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I used to play WoW, but after a few years, and having everything already, it got boring.
I used to play Diablo II, Unreal Tournament, Medal Of Honor, RTCW, Call of Duty (the first one), and others just for fun.
Totally lost interest now, WoW killed it for me, and so do the prices of games nowadays.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Started playing WoW back in Spring '07, only dallied in another MMO since then (SWTOR from beta-10months in the game). I'm going back to WoW because SWTOR died out. But I had a couple guildies go to Rift and GW2 when we left SWTOR.

Other than Warcraft, I play some other PC or PS3 games when I need a break. But I'm strictly a WoW fan.. at first for blood elves & now for pandas.... I just can't help it--they're too cute!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
EDIT: grawr stupid double post sorry X_X
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by GamerGirl10
Started playing WoW back in Spring '07, only dallied in another MMO since then (SWTOR from beta-10months in the game). I'm going back to WoW because SWTOR died out. But I had a couple guildies go to Rift and GW2 when we left SWTOR.

Other than Warcraft, I play some other PC or PS3 games when I need a break. But I'm strictly a WoW fan.. at first for blood elves & now for pandas.... I just can't help it--they're too cute!
FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BABY! Did you get a free order of fried rice when you bought mop? . I've have had only 1 max level character and that's an undead warlock. My imps name is Pipnip, Does that turn you on or what?

Oh! and, SWTOR died out pretty quick did'dnt it?
Lurker
0 likes
Did join in on WoW not long after Wrath of the Lich King was released. Turned out to be a damn good one with my blood elf holy priest, but the patches before Cataclysm ruined it all. Didn't buy the expansion, but the way they ruined the talent tree really did it for me. Suddenly there was just one way to spec.

Tried guildwars 2, but it didn't really draw me in the same way WoW did. The fact that the skills were bound to your weapon and not your level was kinda annoying.

Other than that I have really enjoyed Diablo III, although it sucks that you have to work so damn hard to get the stuff needed for the last difficulty. Usually you have to go on AH for it and that's ludicrously pricey.

Enjoying Assassin's Creed now and also revisit Batman from time to time. Gonna download Dos box to see if Dungeon Keeper 2 works.
Lurker
0 likes
I wish I knew what you guys are talking about.
And it's not said with sarcasm. Every time I have desire to play a game, people just roll eye on me, I guess I suck.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by She
I wish I knew what you guys are talking about.
And it's not said with sarcasm. Every time I have desire to play a game, people just roll eye on me, I guess I suck.

All it takes is a bit of patience really. I had the fortunate chance to learn from a friend in college i.e. sitting over his shoulder and watching him play a character and that's all it took for me.

But seriously though, all us gamers were all nooblettes at some point (even if we don't want to admit it) and most of those games have trials or tutorials out the wazoo, so if you really want to learn to play them, find a friend or jump in there yourself! Trust me the water's fine and we don't bite (unless you ask nicely!)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lovewhenuswallow
FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BABY! Did you get a free order of fried rice when you bought mop? . I've have had only 1 max level character and that's an undead warlock. My imps name is Pipnip, Does that turn you on or what?

Oh! and, SWTOR died out pretty quick did'dnt it?

Your lock's name was Pipnip... really?!

And yeah, I only spent 10 months on SWTOR, playing from early-release beta until last month, versus the seven plus years I was on WoW. Admittedly BC was the greatest expansion, and they got worse & worse with Wrath and Cata, but I'm such a girly girl and Asian obsessed that I LOVE Pandaria. I started leveling my troll shaman again and although I miss the old talent trees and specs, I know whining about the old ones isn't gonna bring it back so I'm just adapting, y'know?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by GamerGirl10

Your lock's name was Pipnip... really?!

And yeah, I only spent 10 months on SWTOR, playing from early-release beta until last month, versus the seven plus years I was on WoW. Admittedly BC was the greatest expansion, and they got worse & worse with Wrath and Cata, but I'm such a girly girl and Asian obsessed that I LOVE Pandaria. I started leveling my troll shaman again and although I miss the old talent trees and specs, I know whining about the old ones isn't gonna bring it back so I'm just adapting, y'know?
No, my little green imp is named Pipnip, my lock's name is just random generated. i was eager to get in game and every custom name i typed into the box was rejected. Really, it was worse than trying to get a date.KxktsBl221H8Dq9h

I actually liked the new talent system and the revamp of the Warlock class prior to MOP's release. What i did not like is that a some of the new implementaions did'nt work properly. Bugged demons, broken new talents, I know that there are always going to be bugs but idk, the game just doesnt have that Blizzard quality like it once did.

I agree with you in that the Burning Crusade was the best expansion though YOU!!!, ARE NOT PREPARED! I always get in the mood for Alteric Valley when the holidays come around so i'll probably renew then but, not sure if i'll buy MOP.

Edit* Minions are randomly named also, but I did well with luck of the draw on some of them imo.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by lovewhenuswallow
However, about 3 yrs ago Blizzard entertainment merged with Activsion and imo the game has been spiraling down the crapper ever since.

Get your facts right. Blizzard did not merge with Activision, they were bought up by them.
Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MoonlightSerenity

Get your facts right. Blizzard did not merge with Activision, they were bought up by them.
Hmmmmmmm! i thought that they had announced it as a merger at the time. Regardless, imo the game was more enjoyable and of higher quality when it was soley under Blizzards umbrella. Activision has never impressed me.

Edit* Thanks for the clarification though Moonlight.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by MoonlightSerenity

Still doesn't remove the fact that Activision is typical company like EA; it's not about producing quality anymore, it's all about earning money, hence making shit so easy that even the 13yo's can do it with one arm behind their back.

I'll give EA sports cred, though. They produce good stuff, but EA as a company has fucked up Westwood Studios(Command & Conquer series) and they through out Bullfrog which made REALLY good games(Theme Hospital, Theme Park, Dungeon Keeper series).

Right now the only bigshot I trust is Ubisoft and their products like Assassin's Creed. Red Dog make some good shit too with their Uncharted series.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by elitfromnorth

Still doesn't remove the fact that Activision is typical company like EA; it's not about producing quality anymore, it's all about earning money, hence making shit so easy that even the 13yo's can do it with one arm behind their back.

I'll give EA sports cred, though. They produce good stuff, but EA as a company has fucked up Westwood Studios(Command & Conquer series) and they through out Bullfrog which made REALLY good games(Theme Hospital, Theme Park, Dungeon Keeper series).

Right now the only bigshot I trust is Ubisoft and their products like Assassin's Creed. Red Dog make some good shit too with their Uncharted series.

All the bigshots are going down if you read the gaming news.

The fact is that blizzard probably wouldn't be around anymore if it wasn't for Activision, and at the moment the amount of WoW players is currently on the decrease, it's no longer as big a money whore as it used to be. And it was like that even before Activision took them over.
Teased and Tormented -My very first story and competition entry is now up!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am starting to really enjoy Battlestar Galactica online. its free and appeals to my inner geek. xx